Who has had Managed Loans?

ppauls150
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5284 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI and welcome first as i have always said that you will get a lot of good advice on here,we are all trying to get our charges back from this dreaded loan which has caused me a lot of heartache,i went to cab to if there was anything i could do, so go and have a word with them to put you in the right direction how much was you loan for?well i will let others help you now,you cant have much to live on if you are paying that amount i think HSBC has got a lot to answer for they just make my blood boil,keep your chin up we are here to help

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I must be the biggest mug here...

I'm on my second Managed Loan with these guys, I was told at the time that this was my only option available (my 2nd loan) as I had a poor credit rating and would be unable to get a loan elsewhere and was forced onto this.

My first time was when I had returned to being a student and was again given the old, this is your only option as we cannot extend your overdraft any more excuse, I've had charges on my account, PPI missold (when I was on a temporary working contract) however a small amount of this was refunded when taking the managed loan out (I'm going to do a separate post on that later).

But today I've asked them if they can convert this to a normal loan and have been advised that because I have recently been turned down for a credit card that I should not try re-applying for 3 months...

I don't know what to do with these guys, but rest assured as soon as everything is sorted out I will be heading off to a different bank.

Hi, skye300801, Andena pointed me in your direction. :)

I'm not sure how watertight your Managed Loan agreement is, so I can't really comment on that at the moment. What did strike me was that you were refused Payment Protecton when you asked for it (because you were part-time?)

Were they charging an extra premium for PPI in your loan repayments - if so , you may have a case for mis-selling...........try this link and see if it helps:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/payment-protection-insurance-ppi/

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

Hi, would just like to thank everyone, as reading all your post finally pushed me to ring the bank, and unlike many of you they were very helpful (i wonder why), they have suspended my managed loan for 3 months and stopped all interest on it so hopefully can sort somethng out in the next 3 months thanks again for all your help will keep you updated of what happens in next 3 months.

Hi, would just like to thank everyone, as reading all your post finally pushed me to ring the bank, and unlike many of you they were very helpful (i wonder why), they have suspended my managed loan for 3 months and stopped all interest on it so hopefully can sort somethng out in the next 3 months thanks again for all your help will keep you updated of what happens in next 3 months.
i think they suddenly realised that we are not going to let them get the better of us,great news for you that's what we want to here.:)

Hey, I'm new to all this, but I've got a managed loan, still owe about £8,000 but have now opened another account with the Halifax cos I just couldn't cope with all the bank charges, about £200 a month for years, so have now defaulted on the loan, they've prob closed the account and chasing me for payment of loan etc, but I've moved. Am thinking of re-claiming my bank charges, but what do you think? Is there any point when I still owe them £8,000 and have just walked away from the account? I don;t know how they expect people to be able to pay their loans and live when they charge ridiculous amounts of money? :p

Hey, I'm new to all this, but I've got a managed loan, still owe about £8,000 but have now opened another account with the Halifax cos I just couldn't cope with all the bank charges, about £200 a month for years, so have now defaulted on the loan, they've prob closed the account and chasing me for payment of loan etc, but I've moved. Am thinking of re-claiming my bank charges, but what do you think? Is there any point when I still owe them £8,000 and have just walked away from the account? I don;t know how they expect people to be able to pay their loans and live when they charge ridiculous amounts of money? :p
who is the Managed Loan with

When did the loan start?

Are the charges on a business or personal account?

How much do the charges amount to?

When did the loan start?

Are the charges on a business or personal account?

How much do the charges amount to?

2004, I think, and it's a personal account. Not sure how much charges amount yet. Have literally just started doing something about reclaiming them, i.e joining consumer forum . . .

Hi Madame , welcome to the forum

First of all, you should open up your own thread on the HSBC forum - it'll be easier for people to give you personal advice . You'll get plenty of support on here and we're a friendly lot - so just ask - someone will come up with an answer.............

Just to get you going though try this link:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-example-step-step-instructions.html

Best of Luck

johnny

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Am thinking of re-claiming my bank charges, but what do you think? Is there any point when I still owe them £8,000 and have just walked away from the account?

This decision is up to you of course, Madame - when you send for a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) they'll know where you are . But if you have a substantial amount of charges to reclaim it may be worth doing, just to start clearing your financial situation.........

Also ,if the actual amount you owe is in dispute , which it will be if you're reclaiming charges , they can't chase you for repayment anyway.

Nemo me impune lacessit

Have posted a separate thread under HSBC Bank (apols, not good enough with computers to add in a link). Has anyone here thought of using the new provisions of the Consumer Credit Act 2006 which deal with Unfair Relationships? Provisions come into force for pre-existing contracts on 6 April this year so there's a bit of time to get organised. From the reading of this thread I'm thinking that it may be a way out of these agreements...

P.

If you would like to enlarge on how you see this affecting or benefitting claimants, Principessa - lay it out in a bit more detail and ask a moderator to post it forum-wide (maybe on a sticky)....It'll save you posting on all sites............:)

johnny

Nemo me impune lacessit

Ah thanks again pete, I hadn't realised there was another thread so close on the same subject ...... :)

Makes interesting reading -about time railroaded loans were dealt with.... as with PPI ....it's sad -:( banks used to be institutions you could trust............

Nemo me impune lacessit

Trust is a strange word, you have to be very careful with everyone these days and make your own judgment of how much trust to give them. my family have recently fallen out with the family solicitor of many years in a matter of probate, we employed them to give us advice and guide us at a time of personal loss... they failed miserably :mad:

you can trust the Mafia just never ever fall out with them :D

pete

I know pete, but these are professional bodies which we should be able to trust........it's part of their code -or used to be.......:mad:

I liked your take on the mafia - they'll be round yours in the morning Ha-ha -ha! :D Cement overcoat on the M6 pete? laffin!

Nemo me impune lacessit

I have a meeting this week with HSBC regarding my ML.

HSBC would like me to restart an earlier ML because my current ML is not correctly executed....(they have about as much a chance of that happening as me winning the Grand National aboard our lurcher!- and Elvis finishing second on Shergar)

So why am I going along? Well I am going to ask them have they included the complete repayment of my ML with compounded interest in the £8.7bn bad loan debt that they have written off.

HSBC Fiddled - have you already had the non-executed ML judged non-enforceable? I think (again, any moderator who can confirm??) that this new law coming in on 6 April will not allow agreements to be automatically unenforceable...

Can anyone tell me if, when I do a SAR letter, I can also get a copy of the original personal loan agreement from 2003 (ie not the managed loan) and copies of my credit card statements that were rolled up into the ML? I can't view the statements on line anymore.

Also, another technical one - apols, I am currently out of the UK and my only address for service at the moment would be in Scotland. What does this mean for the choice of court of HSBC? Would it just go to their nearest court to head office? Does this affect me going back 6 years? Will I be limited to the Scots law 5 year limit?

Any help appreciated.

P.

HSBC Fiddled - have you already had the non-executed ML judged non-enforceable? No not judged but HSBC accept that the most recent ML is not executed properly. I think (again, any moderator who can confirm??) that this new law coming in on 6 April will not allow agreements to be automatically unenforceable...Does this mean we would have to take court action to make unenforceable?

I sent of to hsbc for my original M/L in january and have not heard back they had my postal order but have not received my agreement back shall i write to my bank in weymouth, what do you advise please.sorry for butting in.

Well I am going to ask them have they included the complete repayment of my ML with compounded interest in the £8.7bn bad loan debt that they have written off.

Oh dear, HSBCfiddled, if they haven't they'll have to scrape it out of the £12bn which they still made:rolleyes: - obscene or what?.........:mad: :grin:

Nemo me impune lacessit

I sent of to hsbc for my original M/L in january and have not heard back they had my postal order but have not received my agreement back shall i write to my bank in weymouth, what do you advise please.sorry for butting in.

1. Stop making payments.

2. write to Head office.

Oh dear, HSBCfiddled, if they haven't they'll have to scrape it out of the £12bn which they still made:rolleyes: - obscene or what?.........:mad: :grin:

Yeah too right...If it wasnt for the charges they would have been in the red and getting charges from THE BANK OF ENGLAND.:)