Direct Holidays - Mistake after mistake

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5823 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Right then!

Myself and 10 other family members are all going to Turkey 2nd June. We have got 4 different bookings for us all but the holiday and dates are all exactly the same.

We have had this booked since July last year and I understand somewhere in between then and now Thomas Cook have taken Direct Holidays over.

We all received the first 2 invoices July and September last year and paid our deposits. It came the beginning of this year and I realised I had booked mine using my married name and my passport still says my maiden name. Seeing as though my passport still has a good 7 years left on it I thought it would be easier and cheaper to change the name on the booking - that's what I thought anyway!

March 08 came round and we were due to pay the rest of the holiday off. We didn't get an invoice but we phoned and paid anyway. Days later all the other 3 bookings had a letter to say they had paid. We had nothing but I wasn't too worried. On this paperwork the others were informed the flight had changed. Again, I wasn't too worried because there was still plenty of time and I knew this could happen. About 3 weeks ago the others all had their tickets. We didn't. Started to get worried now. I phoned and waited and got fobbed off every week. They kept telling me there was plenty of time, blah blah. But I knew something was not right or else why would the others have theirs and us not ours?

Phoned them 2 days ago and could got get anyone to answer the phones on all 5 different numbers I had. Then phoned accounts, knowing this was the wrong number but I just wanted to talk to someone. She told me that my name had not been changed! Crying down the phone I asked to speak to a manager. She put me on hold saying she was putting me through and I was there for 15 more minutes - no one answered. Devasted-bearing in mind I travel in 12 days and can not travel in that name-I found the number for the head office. Found someone there who actually sounded like they knew what they were doing - and they answered straight away! She took only a second and she could see what was wrong straight away. She basically said that when I changed the name on the booking our account was put on hold. She doesn't know why but that is why we ddn't get any paperwork. My name apparently has been changed although I have had nothing in writing to say so..

What I'm getting at (finally), is how will I stand if:

1: my tickets are not at the airport as they are now saying they'll be because it's too late to send them to my address.

2: they've got the wrong name on the tickets? Will I be left behind through no fault of my own? 3 or 4 people have confirmed it has been changed but I am so worried and can not trust them anymore.

3: We all received a letter yesterday (11 days before we fly) saying they had changed our flight for the second time and we wont get to the hotel now until around 9.30pm - losing a whole day of our holiday. I know flights do change but this is so close to us going. Can they do that?

I have been fretting and worrying for weeks now and will definately complain when I return - if I get there to start with! Has anyone got any advice?

Sorry for the waffle!

We have had almost the very same problem with Thomas Cook except for the name change, they even changed our hotel around 2 weeks before travel, its been a right shambles so I can understand how you feel. And the problem all seems to stem down to this merger that Thomas Cook have gone through. I´m sorry I can´t help but if they do screw up take them to court dont mess around. Good Luck

Thanks for that. Whilst it's not nice for others to be going through it there is some comfort in knowing I'm not alone! I am definately going to take some action against them - they at least owe me for all the phone calls when I've been on hold and no-ones answered. I'm gonna leave it until Tuesday and see what comes in the post and then phone them one last time to make sure the names are alright and the tickets will be at the airport - if there's one more thing go wrong then I will play up and see if they'll upgrade us or something?

• 3 weeks later...

I fully expected a disaster but was pleasantly surprised! The holiday went fine. Apartment and location good. Staff good. Terrible turbulance on the way there-apparently the pilot had only seen it like that 3 times in 30 years and we dropped 500 feet. The adults thought they were in for it and the kids thought it was a great ride! The flight attendants made you feel better though, even though a few of those were injured.

Honestly cant complain about the hol but the pre travel service was terrible. I have made a complaint to customer relations but I'm not holding my breath... I am sure I wasn't alone in the takeover problems and I hope everyone else holiday went or will go well.

Thanks for asking!