patti and e-bay selling

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5840 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Oops I've inadvertantly become a rogue trader, describing an item exactly correctly but mistakenly adding an extra style name (together with the correct style name) eg "A-Style B-Style Jeans" instead of "B-Style Jeans". In absolutely every other detail the photograph, description, measurements, styling details etc are exactly correct as per the B-Style jeans I sent to the buyer 2 weeks ago. The buyer contacted me yesterday saying "there is no such thing as 'A-Style B-Style Jeans', they are either A-Style or B-Style" and asking for my address to return the jeans and get their money back, as she wanted the A-Style jeans and thought that's what she was buying. As my description was exactly right in every other respect, correctly describing them fully and completely as the B-Style jeans, whose responsibility is it? As the jeans were otherwise correctly described in every detail, should it have been "buyer beware"? I suppose the buyer must have read the A-Style name and didn't read the details. Unfortunately I now realise I made an innocent mistake by calling the jeans "A-Style B-Style" (the style names are not shown at all on the jean labels and I just thought the B-Style was part of the A-Style range), but otherwise I correctly gave the style number and correctly described the jeans I provided. The jeans are brand new with tags; apparently the current price in the shops is £155 for Style-B, £170 for Style-A and I sold them for £99. I don't want to upset anyone, but also I don't want the hassle of selling these all over again (I'm a private buyer that bought the wrong size jeans and am selling them on). How about if I offer a discount of the £15 difference in price between A-Style and B-Style?

Offering the discount is entirely up to you, and might not work. I find it strange though, that the buyer only now decides to tell you after receiving the goods, and (I assume) reading the item description. Admittedly, you made a small mistake, but its also up to the buyer to check the description at least. Personally, I would ask for advice from ebay on something like this, and if you like their reply to you, ask them to contact the seller about it, or apologise profusely and then (maybe) offer the discount. Otherwise, try the discount route if ebay dont answer in your favour.

Have you had a look at the buyers feedback? I'm not suggesting that the buyer is doing this at all, but, some buyers insist on perfection when they buy something, only to be disappointed when they get the goods, and so whinge and moan. It is just a thought, but check the feedback about this person. It "might" give you some ammo when you contact ebay. However, dont accuse, just say you suspect that possibly, based on previous feedback etc etc

I would send ebay almost exactly what you sent in your post to here, as it describes every last detail, but obviously taking out things like the discount you mentioned, and the fact you are a rogue trader lol. And make sure you are asking for advice only, if they allow you to do that.

Try ebay first, and then come back after they have replied to you if you have no joy with them. Some other people may have posted other suggestions in the meantime.

I'm sure that ebay will say well, everything other than the slight mistake is in order anyway, but thats only what I'm thinking at the moment.

Good luck with this anyway.

Patti, I have moved your post and response to its own thread to keep the 2 issues separate, as it will get quite complicated otherwise. Please use this thread from now on to keep us updated and to ask questions. :-)

Lol.. now can you go back to the previous thread and click on "edit" on your acknowledgment and change all the text to something like ..... or something like that please. Sorry to be such a pain.

I saw you are new, and wasn't sure if you knew about Private Messages (PM's), and so thats why I left that message in the previous thread

Hi Patti,

From reading your OP , you have said you have made a slight mistake. If you want to offer a discount, then certainly do it but if the buyer paid by paypal they can open a SNAD and will be refunded their original postage and cost of item but will have to return the items to you first.

Offer the discount but if they do no accept and have paid via paypal then you will need to ask for the return of the item and refund the original postage and cost of item.

Idax

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Here is another thread from the opposite end. It's the original thread you posted to Patti, but there's been more discussion since this thread. By the way, I still contend that the buyer was in the wrong in this case. You provided a more than adequate description, and if the buyer can't see that, then that's their look out.

Regards

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-consumer-issues/143249-ebay-issue.html