Help Please re: CCA decision

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5547 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Gee thanks babybear!!!!:eek: I didn't feel that old but i do now!!!!

knoxvillian, thanks but the longer it takes the FOS to sort Mr Z's complaint out, the longer it will be before Amex can act on it (if at all) as it is in dispute ;)

It definitely is now its with FOS, whether Amex like it or not:D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A few observations and what I would do if I were in your place. I tend to be very forceful in these matters so you may not agree!! I am also very impatient with fools!

Both Amex and Citibank are imports from the USA.

The top people who govern the whole ethos of the UK operations are either American or trained in USA. They are therefore likely to be behind British banks in their understanding of UK credit law. Uk banks are bad enough but they understand that what is acceptable in the USA is not acceptable here.

I would certainly report them to FOS etc.

If they or their DCAs had any intention of taking me to court they would have done so before now. So I would challenge them to do so. If I were paying them anything I would stop doing so - they have not supplied an enforceable CCA agreement.

I would not communicate in any way with DCAs unless I receive court papers - their activities are unlawful. I would make sure that Amex know that is a waste of effort amd unlawful to to set DCAs on me.

Except to tell them my position in one further letter ( the final letter) I would not communicate with them untill they take court action. If they do send letters I would send copies back together with a copy of the final letter above.

babybear, you're only 40, anyway isn't 40 the new 30? I am 51 so I must be the new 41???? :)

citizenB, Oh yes :D

pelham9, thanks for your advice.

Mr Z and I have no intention of contacting Amex again after the last letter just sent. It would be a pointless exercise as they say they will read and file but will not answer any more correspondance from Mr Z!

Believe me, they and their chosen monkeys have been "invited" to take Mr Z to court many times over the last six months, none of them have taken up the offer :D

No worries Mrs Z...I'm only 40 :)

Babybear, 40 classifies as totty as far as I'm concerned.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Do I need to get an inferiority complex at 58... :(:lol:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Do I need to get an inferiority complex at 58... :(:lol:

Not sure! I'm a little over half way between you and babybear.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

HI Mrs Z and all. I,m hooked to your string and its 2am where I am in the badlands of Pakistan. This forum has turned what was for me, a worrying situation into one where I cant wait to get the next threat as I,m enjoying wacking it to them.

I'm being chased by Phoenix- Marlin for HSBC and they are the pits, however they are no match for the Caggers who have been helping me.

I,m 56 aand feel like a 30 year old - cant find any round here though:p

Keep tough

:D

I'm 28, I think the you guys are looking for the bus pass section :p

:p

BCOBS

citizenB are you trying to make me feel better?!!! :)

111253, I'm glad mine and Mr Z's thread has been of some help to you. Good luck to you in your quest with the DCA **** that so loves to make our lives a misery! I know what you mean by not feeling your age, I too do not "feel" over 30 (most of the time anyway)!! :)

knoxvillian, Re the bus pass, thanks so much for that, I aint over the hill yet young man!!! :D

My eldest is four years older than you and my youngest 18 months younger than you, but I was a child bride!!!! We were always one of the youngest parents when ours were at school!!;-)

citizenB are you trying to make me feel better?!!! :)

My eldest is four years older than you and my youngest 18 months younger than you, but I was a child bride!!!! We were always one of the youngest parents when ours were at school!!;-)

:lol::lol: Yep, I was one of them as well :grin:

BCOBS

I'm just impressed you all can use a computer, I had enough trouble persuading my gran that she didn't have to rewind a CD haha

At least she hasnt tried to get "Last of the Summer Wine" on the microwave!!:lol:

BCOBS

Hey citizenB, perhaps we could start an over 50's and young parents (and grandparents in mine and Mr Z's case!! he he) club! :)

Loved the "Last of the summer wine on the microwave" comment, but excuse me for asking, wot is a microwave :D

knoxvillian, what can I say - you are one cheeky young man lol!!!! I've been using computers for years, although I must confess, I do not claim to know everything there is to know about their workings!! My DH is well knowledgeable though, so I leave it to him!! :)

Not this young I hope: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/139178-taking-mickey-out-scousers.html

Regards.

Fred

Ummm, nope.. a little bit older than that Fred. :lol::lol:

BCOBS

• 2 weeks later...

Just checking for updates. :D Hope all is well.

BCOBS

Hi again citizenB :) Didn't notice that you had posted on this thread too!!

Yes, actually I forgot to post last week, Friday I think it was, had a reply from the FOS regarding Amex. They say they are very busy but to let us know that they had recieved the complaint safely. Also of course that they would deal with it as soon as possible, so that's something. TBH, they can take as long as they like!! At least we have a "case number now" to throw at Amex or any DCA who try to come sniffing round!!

Thanks for asking :)

Oh goody, the all important FOS ref number. That should hold everyone off for a while.:D

According to the FOS, they are only just starting to deal with complaints from November last year. :D I have been receiving a (sorry, due to the high volume of complaints we are receiving, we are unable to deal with your complaint just yet ) letter every 2 weeks from the FOS.

I am not sorry in the least :lol:

BCOBS

Sorry, due to the high volume of complaints we are receiving, we are unable to deal with your complaint just yet

That's what was in the letter to Mr Z thinking about it!

Totally agree with you citizenB, the longer it takes the FOS to deal with Mr Z's complaint, the longer it is that Amex and its ilk has to wait!! :D

We are half expecting to recieve letters from yet another DCA parasite, but hey, as I've said before - more ammo for us - he he!!

Totally agree with you citizenB, the longer it takes the FOS to deal with Mr Z's complaint, the longer it is that Amex and its ilk has to wait!! :D

We are half expecting to recieve letters from yet another DCA parasite, but hey, as I've said before - more ammo for us - he he!!

I would think they would be definitely shooting themselves in the foot if they were to pass it on now there is an FOS investigation planned. :D But hey, I am sure you can cope with a one footed DCA:D

BCOBS

Ha ha,

All the DCA's are held in disdain by us, no matter what part of their anatomy they've shot off :D

CSM.. ok, coffee now cleaned off keyboard and screen. :lol:

BCOBS