Thanks CAG, you are the best

Guest jeremylongfinger
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5872 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

How come so many people on this forum state legal verse that simply prove the opposite to which you claim, with descriptive words of summary such as, "[problem], racket, crooks, extortion" ect.

A lot of people say the same about Council tickets, congestion charge etc which are clearly legal by statute. If you were a member of the British Parking Assoc forum I expect a different point of view would be expressed on their boards. I expect Banks consider charging £20 for going overdrawn, if stated when you open your account is fair and legitimate contrary to opinion on this site. I'm not siding with PPCs just stating that that a forum set up to challenge unfair parking tickets is not exactly going to give a balanced view on the subject.

A lot of people say the same about Council tickets, congestion charge etc which are clearly legal by statute. If you were a member of the British Parking Assoc forum I expect a different point of view would be expressed on their boards. I expect Banks consider charging £20 for going overdrawn, if stated when you open your account is fair and legitimate contrary to opinion on this site. I'm not siding with PPCs just stating that that a forum set up to challenge unfair parking tickets is not exactly going to give a balanced view on the subject.

private parking tickets are unenforceable fact

I think you have somewhat missed my point :-

Where is the 'legal verse' supporting your view, I have not found anything to support PPC activities under contract law - as for bank charges this has been recently ruled an illegal activity with the banks forced to refund millions of pounds - it is only a matter of time before PPC's will suffer a similar fate I guess, seeing as they are affecting so many peoples lives as did the banks.

PPC's only act as they do currently because they find they can get away with it - as did the banks until it was formally challenged.

It did not make it right that the banks did what they did until legal action forced them to mend there ways - as it is not right in the way the majority of PPC conduct themselves currently.

i go out of my way to get private parking tickets and have never contacted them or payed them.they send threatening letters debt collectors letters threatening court action if not paid in 7days etc etc all bluff.did you no that there is no such law for double yellows/parking bays/disabled bays/parent&toddler bays on private land there just markings put there by the land owner and dont mean nothing in law

i go out of my way to get private parking tickets and have never contacted them or payed them.they send threatening letters debt collectors letters threatening court action if not paid in 7days etc etc all bluff.did you no that there is no such law for double yellows/parking bays/disabled bays/parent&toddler bays on private land there just markings put there by the land owner and dont mean nothing in law

....and you wonder why people employ PPCs!!

the reason been i took my wife shopping in my work van and the offside wheels where just over the white parking bay lines as the car next to me was parked on the edge of the bay next to me.hence 60.00 unenforceable ticket.and you think thats right?dont think so.ill fight them all the way they no anyone who stands up to them and knows how to deal with it in court would win

Says who??

County Court Mansfield: Excel vs Victoria Heatherington

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

County Court Mansfield: Excel vs Victoria Heatherington

That is one case which hinged on the lack of signage it does NOT mean that ANY claim by a PPC is invalid, which is what is being claimed. A percentage of Council and Police traffic offences/contraventions get overturned in Court it doesn't mean that automatically any motoring offence is unenforceable!! One thing the case you mention DOES prove that most people on the forum seem to have overlooked is that it DID go to Court, despite the numerous posts stating PPCs never go to Court.

One thing the case you mention DOES prove that most people on the forum seem to have overlooked is that it DID go to Court, despite the numerous posts stating PPCs never go to Court.

I think that most of us recognise that on rare occasions that PPCs do go to court. That said based on the postings here even you would have to concede that it is a rare thing for them to go to court.

However I stand by the assertation that the majority of them are notoriously court shy.

Remember

1. They are on an extremely dodgy legal footing and they know it.
  2. There are easier ways to make a quid then going to court.

Bearing in mind all the problems identifying who the driver actually was and the strength of any contract unless someone incriminates themselves then it is easier to move on to other targets. There are unfortunately plenty of people who pay up either through ignorance or through fear or both.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes!

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....