Benefits/income support

concorde
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5855 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all.

Can anybody answer a question for me please. My daughter is a single mother on income support and is also in receipt of housing/council tax benefits. She has a 17 year old son living at home who has just started his first job and is earning £180 a week. My question is does she have to declare this income to the DWP and her local housing benefits office.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Concorde

Yes, absolutely. I presume she no longer claims tax credits or child benefit for her son, so it shouldn't affect her income support, but it could well affect council tax and housing benefit. Tell them both just in case or she could end up with a huge overpayment to repay.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

If her passported reason for claiming Income Support is that she is a single parent then it will affect that also and she will need to claim Jobseekers Allowance. If the reason for claiming Income Support is due to another reason (for example being unfit for work sue to illness) then it wont.

.....of course I may be wrong!:?