intrum justitia

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6512 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi everyone

just received a rather aggressive demand for £109 for payment of my sky (one of the many bounced direct debits at abbey due to charges).

the stark options seem to apparently be.

1. instruct debt investigations (uk) limited to investigate your personal circumstances and assetts.

2.instruct solicitors to take legal proceedings againts you.

3.instruct our local collection agent to make a personal visit to your home address to collect the outstanding balance due.

anyone out there that has had dealings with these very pleasant sounding individuals that can offer advice?

Trying very hard to sort out my finances at the moment,made sensible offers in line with budget etc but this one seems to have slipped the net and i really havent got any spare money left at the moment.

Any suggestions as to how to proceed with this one would be gratefully appreciated thanks:confused:

You'll have to find something to offer them even if it's a nominal amount.

Chances are they won't do anything in the short term but at least you can show you have made reasonable attempts. You might have to juggle other payments and make new agreements to do this.

• Confused 1

Just the FAQ’s ma'am. Please read 'em thoroughly before jumping in. Cheers :)

Find all the letters under the rainbow here

Being a man, I am always right (however I will make no admission of liability if you have misinterpreted my instructions!! :) ) If you are in any doubt, then consult a professional. All opinions offered on this site are just that, and should not be taken as legal advice.

Halifax - £1400 reclaimed. Now on a crusade to help others!

yes i guessed that this would be so. will have to duck and dive until i get some monies back from abbey, capital,mbna,sony, barclaycard et al!!!!

I've had dealings with this horrible company, still am doing as it goes! The best thing I could suggest is to visit your local CAB. They were really helpful with me. They worked out all my incomings/outgoings [allowing me a little more than necessary, for 'fun' money] and gave me standard letters to send to debtors. I started off paying Intrum £1 per month [they didn't like it one little bit, but tough! lol], but have increased it gradually as I could.

They can be quite agressive, and to be honest they do scare me [i try not to answer my phone sometimes!!], so the sooner I can pay these off the better. Hopefully it won't take you as long, as it's a relatively small amount [they may offer an lower early settlement figure after you've made a couple of payments too]. Hope this helps. PJ

• Confused 1

Advice & opinions given by pjdudley69 are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional. Also visit legal seagulls for more friendly help and advice.

you can just tell by the tone of the letter the type of company that you are dealing with cant you!

I guess that i will just have to fob them of with a few small payments for a couple of months until abbey pay me the thousands unlawfully taken from my account. I LOVE THIS SITE THANX AGAIN ALL OF YOU!!

• 3 weeks later...

that is DISGRACEFUL you have my sympathy with that one UNBELIEVEABLE!

Had a phone call yesterday made an offer in line with what I could afford they refused made me an offer that I had to refuse, I suggested that they took me to court.

Today I recieve a letter saying that they are sending someone round (i'll buy a cake!) dont know why they bother though cos untill they take me to court they aint getting a penny above what I'm offering. When arethese firms going to wise up that people are becomming more and more savvy to their bullying tactics and are not going to just buckle when they make these threats.

I owed £15 to Instrum Justitia for a missed eBay payment. It took them weeks to get around to contacting me directly, as I refused to talk to them on the phone as they wanted security details. Once I had received the letter they had doubled the amount and wanted payment by the end of the month. I didn't pay and received another letter demanding more money. I still didn't reply and it's now been about 8 months since, and I've not heard a peep. I logged into my eBay account and paid the £15 I owed and my account was instantly reinstated. Looks like it was a waste of money on their part. I'm not recommending ignoring requests for money, but in my case it worked.

I owed (supposedly) 35 quid to IJ for a 'missed' ebay payment (despite the fact that my card was actually debited!).

They added a fiver for their trouble. The debt should never have gone to them in the first place. I offered £30 - despite the fact that I had already paid ebay and that I would take it up with ebay, but refused to pay the £5 extra as the cock-up was not of my doing. They refused it. I never paid them - they are ****.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

... they are ****.

Who's the daddy?

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

i had a debt that was passed to them about 5 years ago and i agreed £50 a month, have paid them faithfully but every so often they would send a letter saying thank you for being a mug and being such a good reliable customer, we are upping your payments to £60. if you do not reply to this letter the payment will be automatically increased. then out of blue i got one saying it was being increased to £120!!!! i sent a cca to them and at the moment i haven't heard a cheep. today the one month is up! i have to say i am really surprised, mind you if they buy the debt for around 10% then they've more than recouped their money from me. not sure whether i should report them or not cos i don't really want them rooting around all over and coming up with agreement!!!

But if they have the agreement, then you are no bettwr or worse of than before, so I would suggest reporting them since they have failed!

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.