Robinson Way & Co Muppets - cap1

Tartan Barty
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4243 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Received these from them. The first letters says they are going to get the CCA from their client, the next says they have bought the debt. The deed of assignment is just great. I should send them one saying that me and my mum have been assigned there entire business so there!!!

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk222/Tartan_Barty/RWC1.gif

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk222/Tartan_Barty/RWC2.gif

Hi Tartan,

The deed of assignment should come from the original creditor :confused:

Seeing as they say they've purchased the alledged debt, then they should have no trouble getting you your CCA...Yeah right :rolleyes:

Good luck and best wishes.

So if they have purchased the alleged debt why do they have Clients.

Strange that Lowells seem to have the same problem.

Sounds like an equitable, or simple, assignment. In which case, the Salford Simians are obliged to pass on the CCA request to the OC under s.175 of the Act. It also means that they can't issue proceedings on their own.

I'm not certain why companies enter into these equitable agreements. With an absolute assignment the buyer keeps all the proceeds if able to collect. I suppose that in an equitabel assignment the buyer splits the proceeds with the OC, and presumably pays less for the debt in the first place.

• 1 month later...

.....wasting my time or yours by scanning and posting the 1 page copy of my application form Robbing Way & co that they believe satisfies my CCA request back in March.

I am sure I have seen a letter to send to them thanking them for their response but in order to comply they must send a agreement with the following.....etc

Anyone got a copy they can paste on here please?

Thank you for your response to my request under the Consumer Credit Act section 78.

I am pleased to see that you confirm this as a true copy of the original agreement executed by yourselves on the 26th July 2007.

As you must realise this agreement does not conform to sections 60(1) and 61(1) of the Consumer credit Act and is therefore unenforceable under section 127(3) of the same act.

You had until (date here) to provide me with the true copy I requested. After that date you entered into default of my request. Whilst the account is in dispute, you are not permitted to ask for any payment, nor am I obliged to offer any payment to you. Furthermore, whilst the dispute remains, you are not entitled to charge any interest on the account, make any further charges to the account or pass the account to anybody else. I would also like to note that as from the (12+2 working days + 30 calendar days) it becomes a criminal offence.

Please note you may also consider this letter a statutory notice under Section 10 of the Data Protection Act to cease processing any data in relation to this account with immediate effect. This means you must remove all information regarding this account from your own internal records and from my records with any credit reference agencies including any defaults. Should you refuse to comply, you must within 21 days provide me with a detailed breakdown of your reasoning behind continuing to process my data. It is not sufficient to simply state that you have a ‘legal right’, you must outline your reasoning in this matter and state upon which legislation this reasoning depends.

Should you fail to respond within 21 days, I will expect that this means you agree to remove all such data.

• 4 years later...

Well after 4 of my DCA's got greedy some 4 years ago and finding this site, I had my first visit from a collection agent. Noting that I live in the very far North of Scotland I never thought they would bother but it would appear they have a local self-employed monkey operating up here now.He knocked on the door and asked me to confirm my name and then went on to say that I owe Robbers Way X amount of money. I asked who he was and he said Robbers Way (?) and then asked for some ID and he showed me some crappy laminated card that he had blantantly made himself. He was getting his pen out and his payment card ready for me to hand over some cash......instead he got told to leave my property. He said 'so your refusing to pay' I said that I was asking him to leave as he had not made an appointment and I did not give him permission to be on my property. He said that he wasn't on my property.....you have to walk up a 20ft long path to get from the pavement to the front door!!! Anyway I basically shut the door on him but he was still saying 'so your refusing to pay'.When I checked its 4 and 1/2 years since I last paid them anything so 6 months and it will be SB (as im in Scotland). This was for a CC account that had no agreement.So a big thank you to this site for giving me the knowledge and confidence to deal with what should have been an intimidating experience.

I doubt he will be back......it was his confidence that by getting me to confirm my name and then telling me what I allegedly owe to Robbers Way, I would just get my wallet and give him cash!!! The look on his face when I asked for ID followed by asking him to leave will stay with me for a long time.....oh and the cost of petrol and his time chasing unenforcable crud from Robber Way!

Hey, well, poor guy, he is only trying to get the job done, don't take it personally :)

I'm all for people 'trying to get the job done' but when they try and use the intimidation act and assume that they don't have to be polite, civil or prove who they are, they will get no quarter from me.If he had been polite and civil I would have explained that the alleged debt was unenforcable as they have no agreement but as it was he got a broad side from my upvc cannon!!!!

• dx100uk changed the title to Robbersway & Credit Card Debt - My first DCA Collection Visit!