Any wasps nest experts out there???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5881 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Spent the grotty weekend clearing out our eaves cupboard - came across something that looked like it had escaped from Torchwood:o :o :o A humungous wasps nest... must be about 1 metre in length and possibly the same in diameter:o . We have spoken to the Council about its removal and they have said wasps don't return to their nest and for us to remove it ourselves!!!:o I thought wasps returned each year and just made it bigger. Blimey, its too big to get through the door!! Any safety advice much appreciated:confused:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Best to get an expert pest controller in. I only know of one around my way and I am not to sure as to what part of Surrey you are in.

But if you do try and get rid of it yourself, the best time is very early in the morning/evening when the wasps are less busy.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

Best to get an expert pest controller in. I only know of one around my way and I am not to sure as to what part of Surrey you are in.

But if you do try and get rid of it yourself, the best time is very early in the morning/evening when the wasps are less busy.

Many thanks for PM jowalshy! Have just had an email answer back from a pest controller who confirms that they never come back and can get to the size of small armchair in one season:o It's just a case now of which family member draws the short straw for removal:grin:

Bit old - but there is some discussion on it over here

Thanks gizmo.... just clarifies what I have now found out but still an impressive piece of engineering - almost a shame to destroy it, but it's bit too alien and too near my head at night to keep it in place:grin:

Have a hoover at the ready if you do as FL says. I'm not to sure what they make their nests out of, but it can't be out of anything pleasant.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

Just hit it with a big stick and it will crumble into dust. Trust me there won't be any wasps in there.:) I find them all the time when removing old roofs.

Ooh thanks freaky... was wondering how we were going to get it through the small door!

they are very pretty although I can understand why empowered didn't want to go anywhere near it (I have one in my loft too) I believe the wasps make them by chewing wood into a pulp :rolleyes:

Hmm ... is that the sound of the roof falling in:rolleyes:

BLAZING SADDLES...THATS HUUUUUGE. :eek:

Very pretty though ;)

Wow :o

that is fantastic, just look at the size of it !!

I hate wasps and would absolutely c*** myself if that was in my house :eek:

The best of luck anyway getting rid.

Shame you cant keep it :p

Dobby - can you give it a good home?:roll: