Eddie v NatWest **WON**

eddiem1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6398 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys I have decided to claim from my bank Natwest and have just printed off my first letter which I intend to send to them in the morning.

If I also want to claim on my credit card which I had with them, I dont have it any more can I do this and if so do I need to send £20 instead of £10.

Finally do I send the letter to my local branch or Head Office.

Many thanks for your advice and I feel sure I will be asking a lot more questions and asking for more advice as the situation progresses.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes you can claim from a closed account.

A single £10 fee will cover you for all information you require.

Head office address will be fine.

Good luck!

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Data Protection letter posted this morning lets see how long it takes for a response.

I think I will give them until early next week and phone to see if they have received my request.

• 2 weeks later...

I have spoken to Natwest this morning and they have no record of my request so I will be dropping my letter into the local branch this afternoon.

The very nice lady at Customer Relations has told me that it would normally take 6 working days to get them ready.

Lets hope she is right.

Today I dropped off my Data Protection letter at the bank and the very nice lady there said that she spent 2 hours on the phone yesterday getting my statements sorted, so with a little luck I might just get them fairly soon.

I also have a default on my credit reference courtesy of Natwest and I was wondering if its possible to get that taken off, as they defaulted me for paying something 1 day late.

Michael that was basically it I agreed to pay something by a certain date and didnt pay it until the day after, it was a few years ago but its still on my credit ref.

Do you know how long that stays on and is it possible to get it off after I have got my money back.

I assume you were already in arrears before this? I don't believe they can give you a default for being 1 day late with a payment.

A default stays on your file for 6 years.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

That's what I meant - if you were already in arrears then it wasn't just a case of being 1 day late. There's not really a lot you can do about the default unless it was as a result of unlawful charges.

I checked today to see if the cheque has been cashed and NatWest have decided to take £5 out of each of the 2 accounts sending 1 of them overdrawn by £2.

Why would they do this when I gave them a cheque for £10 for the account with the money in.

Why would they do this when I gave them a cheque for £10 for the account with the money in.

So they can charge you :-D

• 4 weeks later...

I still have not had the info and I spoke to the bank on Friday and I was told that the manager is now dealing with it but he has been on holiday.

I was then told that the original request may have been destroyed to which I replied that you have until Friday 18th Aug.

The original request was lost so I handed another into my local branch and got them to sign for it.

It would appear that they are not rushing themselves into giving out the info I need to proceed with my claim and I am now getting a little annoyed.

I think I will phone them again tomorrow to push them along.

Guest NATTIE

Give me strength,yawn yawn yawn yet another mistake on statement ordering. My advice is simple and straightforward. The £5 taken from the statement has to be refunded as well as associated Unarranged Borrowing Fee that will go out of your account at the end of either this month or next one. The other £5 should also be refunded because SAR includes statements. The original statement order was bodged because no note was put on your account which means that within 7 days they are destroyed. I wrote a post relating on how to order them correctly which I know is 100% correct and statements would be received within 14 days MAX.

Barracad- when a copy statement is ordered MANUALLY the individual ordering them puts a note on the account which specifically states whether or not the person is to be charged and is NOT an automated charge. Non receipt of any statements means the copies should be FREE.

Sorry if this sounds harsh but NW employees are making mistakes and you are thinking its a delay, a charging tactic when I know it is a bodge up on the part of one individual., the keyer.

Today I received 4 years of statements and have been told I will receive the other 2 years later this week, so I will be going through them tomorrow to see how much I have been donating to NatWest.

Am I right in assuming that I should send my letter asking for my charges back to this address.

Stuart Higley

Customer Relations

Ground Floor

National Westminster House

225 Shenley Road

Borehamwood

WD6 1TE

Thanks all

I have been working my way through the statements and I just need to confirm that I can claim for Referral Charges.

Also at the end of some months I have Charges for £38 and £40 it doesnt state what they are for, but I think it includes the monthly fee for the Advantage Gold account so can I claim the rest back.

Thanks for your help couldnt even start to do this without the support of this site.

Yes you can claim for referral charges and yes that £38 will be a charge of £28 and £10 AdGld fee. They don't split it up, how very convienient for them!

Forgive me for querying this statement as I am not certain it is entirely correct.

For every DD unpaid they charge £38.00 - whether or not you have an Adv Gold Acct

For an Adv Gold acct they then additionally charge £10.00 at month end

CHG 'Date...... A/C Number..............