Mfi negligent in shower installation

tiger325td
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5812 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought a COMPUTERISED steam / shower unit and had it installed last June 2007 BY MFI FITTERS/PLUMBERS. Since then the cd function does not work! (THE RADIO WORKS) To make matters worse, its been installed in the corner of my en-suite with BATHROOM cabinets at the side. THIS WAS DESIGNED ON C.A.D (Computer Aided Design) AND APPROVED BY THE STORE MGR! This makes it impossible for me to pull the shower out. To cut a long story short, I contacted the manf' who told me that IT NEVER SHOULD HAVE BEEN INSTALLED IN THE CORNER, SHOULD BE STAND-ALONE SO ENGINEER CAN ACCESS THE BACK PANEL FOR SERVICING/REPAIRS!!!!!!

I have contacted the Chief Exec of MFI retail Ltd. I got nothing from them or for that matter from my local Basildon store iin Essex. To put it right, it's going to cost me thousands of pounds.

MFI ARE ONLY INTERESTED IN TAKING YOUR MONEY AND DON'T CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMER!

What a nightmare! Is it worth complaining to Trading Standards?

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

Taken from their website

Peace of mind

Relax in the knowledge that all work carried out by our approved installers is covered by a one-year guarantee. They will also separately guarantee any supplementary work carried out by them.

As you had the work done in June 2007 you have got them banged to rights. I would write (recorded delivery) explaining that if you do not receive satisfactory proposals from them to rectify the situation within 14 days you will pass it on to Trading Standards, local newspaper etc.

Capitalism is the legitimate racket

of the ruling class.

Al Capone

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
:mad: Today, being the 2nd July 2008, my story was aired on London Tonight MFI have issued a statement that they will contact us. So far I have heard nothing. But what gives me consolation is that my story has been highlighted by the media, and that others will see for themselves what MFI really stand for..........don't care. Edited by tiger325td
might reveal my identity

Mostly Friggin Idiots?

I would wait a little while before expecting to hear from MFI. But now it has been given publicity it should be amazing to see how much they suddenly care. Adn there is nothing stopping you from following this up with the broadcaster again if nothing happens....