• Tweets

• Well we can't predict what the judge will believe. PE will say that they responded in the deadline and you will say they don't. Nobody can tell what a random DJ will decide. However if you go for an OOC settlement you should still be able to get some money
    • What do you guys think the chances are for her?   She followed the law, they didnt, then they engage in deception, would the judge take kindly to being lied to by these clowns? If we have a case then we should proceed and not allow these blatant dishonest cheaters to succeed 
    • I have looked at the car park and it is quite clearly marked that it is  pay to park  and advising that there are cameras installed so kind of difficult to dispute that. On the other hand it doesn't appear to state at the entrance what the charge is for breaching their rules. However they do have a load of writing in the two notices under the entrance sign which it would help if you could photograph legible copies of them. Also legible photos of the signs inside the car park as well as legible photos of the payment signs. I say legible because the wording of their signs is very important as to whether they have formed a contract with motorists. For example the entrance sign itself doe not offer a contract because it states the T&Cs are inside the car park. But the the two signs below may change that situation which is why we would like to see them. I have looked at their Notice to Keeper which is pretty close to what it should say apart from one item. Under the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4 Section 9 [2]a] the PCN should specify the period of parking. It doesn't. It does show the ANPR times but that includes driving from the entrance to the parking spot and then from the parking place to the exit. I know that this is a small car park but the Act is quite clear that the parking period must be specified. That failure means that the keeper is no longer responsible for the charge, only the driver is now liable to pay. Should this ever go to Court , Judges do not accept that the driver and the keeper are the same person so ECP will have their work cut out deciding who was driving. As long as they do not know, it will be difficult for them to win in Court which is one reason why we advise not to appeal since the appeal can lead to them finding out at times that the driver  and the keeper were the same person. You will get loads of threats from ECP and their sixth rate debt collectors and solicitors. They will also keep quoting ever higher amounts owed. Do not worry, the maximum. they can charge is the amount on the sign. Anything over that is unlawful. You can safely ignore the drivel from the Drips but come back to us should you receive a Letter of Claim. That will be the Snotty letter time.
    • please stop using @username - sends unnecessary alerts to people. everyone that's posted on your thread inc you gets an automatic email alert when someone else posts.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

where to start so many problems

Stormandsummer
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5859 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am still thinking i would be better go bankrupt, but i neither have the confidence or the know how to know what exactly it would mean to me.

I was told 6 years ago to go bankrupt by the ccs how i have managed to keep going this long i do not know :o

I have still not been brave enough to call national debt line as advised by some of you on here, to see what they say but with owing so much and not be able to work again my situation will not get better :( It may be the best thing for me to do but can i ask some simple questions pls

what happens to my council home, will i lose it ? Will i have to re apply and move ? I am a little behind on rent and council tax

what happens to my utilities bills ? I am not in debt with this at the moment

I can't get a proper bank accounts anyway I have ccj's :rolleyes: I don't want credit ever again, nor loans or anything

will ALL MY DEBTS BE WRITTEN OFF ? i have no assets, although i have a car for when someone comes and takes me out when i go :rolleyes: will they take my car ? home possesions ?

I am still thinking i would be better go bankrupt, but i neither have the confidence or the know how to know what exactly it would mean to me.

I was told 6 years ago to go bankrupt by the ccs how i have managed to keep going this long i do not know :o

I have still not been brave enough to call national debt line as advised by some of you on here, to see what they say but with owing so much and not be able to work again my situation will not get better :( It may be the best thing for me to do but can i ask some simple questions pls

what happens to my council home, will i lose it ? Will i have to re apply and move ? I am a little behind on rent and council tax

I can't get a proper bank accounts anyway I have ccj's :rolleyes: I don't want credit ever again, nor loans or anything

will ALL MY DEBTS BE WRITTEN OFF ? i have no assets, although i have a car for when someone comes and takes me out when i go :rolleyes: will they take my car ? home possesions ?

I suggest you talk to a debt councilor at your local CAB or contact debt advice uk. Bankruptcy is a very last resort, but it may be your best option considering the position you're in

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

Hi Storm,

You've asked a lot of questions which I'm afraid I don't have answers to.

When you feel you can do it, call the debt help line suggested earlier so you can get answers to the most important questions (like your house, etc). This may be a way for you to move forward when you are ready.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

what happens to my council home, will i lose it ?

No.
Will i have to re apply and move ?
No.
I am a little behind on rent and council tax

The rent and the council tax will go in the pot with your other debts. Although the council can write off rent arrears due to bankruptcy it is better to keep up to date.
These will be paid as normal.
will ALL MY DEBTS BE WRITTEN OFF ?
Effectively yes as you don't have any disposable income if you are on benefits.
will they take my car ? home possesions ?
No and again no. If the car is worth more than £2,000/£3,000 then it would need to be sold and replaced with a car of around the £2,000/£3,000 mark.

Regarding possessions:

a) You will be allowed to keep such tools, books, vehicles and equipment as you require for your personal use in any employment, business or vocation.

b) In addition you are allowed to keep such clothing, bedding, furniture, household equipment and provisions as are necessary to satisfy the basic domestic needs of yourself and your family.

What this means in practise is, that unless you have exceptionally valuable items of furniture, jewellery or excess equipment in whatever your trade or profession is, you will be allowed to keep most things.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hello again and thank you for answering all my questions, I am still in a state of real stress about all this but the deciding factor may come really soon, and i may have to go bankrupt as emotionally i am not sure i can carry on carrying round the huge guilt of being in debt.

I have the application form for the natwest step account, might try and tackle that tonight and i think once that is done and my abbey account is closed i will be forced to face facts that i am serious, serious debt

oh this is going to be a bumpy road :(

Storm,

It may well be a bumpy road, but there are good people here who will guide and help you along it.:)

Slick

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi Storm

It will be a bumpy road but can be made a little smoother by the help and support you will find on CAG. Also, dealing with one at a time will make it seem no where near as bad.

Good luck :)

Mr & Mrs Ananya's story so far -

Welcome Finance - account closed - no CCA - 02/07 - £1500

NatWest - settled in full 09/06 - £600

NatWest - settled in full 06/07 - £72

Verso - Settled in full 07/08 - £2002

C.K. Edrupt/Provident - account closed - no CCA - 04/07 - £640

Littlewoods/Shop Direct - 2 accounts closed - Statute Barred - 04/10 - £800

D.C.A.s who've given up so far -10

Hi Storm

I have been where you are right now. For a while I had thought that I had started this thread under a pseudonym :).

My depression was so similar to yours, I couldn't go out across the door. I used to psyche myself up to try and even go to Tesco to get a few essentials. I would reach the door, and then couldn't face it. I would go straight to bed with my coat still on and pull the covers over my head, just wanting another day to go away.

My debt situation was similar also. I too had just taken a £17k loan before the illness hit me, and I too was in a well paid job.

The good news is, even though it may seem far away, you will get better. The creditors have probably tried to grind you down, make you feel ashamed etc about your debt. The best piece of advice I got when I was in that situation was:

"Remember that you cannot go to jail for owing money, it cannot kill you, and you haven't done anything wrong." REPEAT AS NECESSARY.

Once you accept this, you will not only be able to start dealing with these people, YOU WILL ACTUALLY FIND THE RESOLVE TO START FIGHTING THEM.

After 4 years, I am still not totally cured, but I know one group who will never again cause me the slightest anxiety.:rolleyes:

Just do what you can on a daily basis without it stressing you. If you feel stressed, STOP and wait until you feel better. You will get all the advice and support you need to tackle the issues from the good people on this board.:grin:

• Haha 1

Storm

I have just re-read your story. Firstly, and most importantly, get your new account opened so the Shabby Sharks cannot hit you with any more charges. As already advised, get your benefits paid by Giro until you can get the new account opened. Worst case scenario, if you cannot get a new account with a debit card, then open a Post Office account and consider a pre-paid credit card as advised earlier which will allow you to shop online etc. A good one is operated by tuxedo and there is also another one run by them in conjunction with The Sun newspaper here.

You can choose to pay £4.99 per month with reduced fees, or pay as you go with transaction fees. You can top the card up anywhere that does mobile phone top-ups etc. You could authorise someone to go to the Post Office for you when your benefits are paid in and then use the money to top up your card.

Don't worry about anyone else at the minute. You keep thinking about how much you owe, and it must be a cloud hanging over you. To lift that cloud, just keep thinking that all you owe is £4 per month - £1 to each of your creditors!

While these payments keep the wolves at bay, just continue to send them your payment! They have agreed to them as they are accepting them, and when it boils down to it, what else can they do to you that they haven't already done?

There really is no better feeling than taping a £1 coin to a payment slip, sealing the envelope and then letting out the broadest smile you can muster across your face! :-D

• 1 month later...

Sorry I have not been about, but i have been busy trying to sort things out

Firstly my bennifits now go into a post office account, thanks for the advice on that one :D

I have opened a llyods basic account now too, and i have moved all my direct debits/payments to this account, that so far is in the black :D long may that continue

I think the final push happened when the abbey even though i was within my o/d limit, charged me another £105.00 for not having enough funds to pay me dd when i was within my limits they refunded some of it back to my account but i decided enough was enough and they were pushing me into further debt :eek: i called them and accused them of being modern day dick turpins :lol:

now i am asking for all your help again pls

I need the letter template for the request for the orginal credit agreement my dad said you sent off a £1.00 postal order or something and the companies stop harrassing you but i can't find it on the forum :rolleyes: can someone tell me where it is and explain what it is all about pls

Hi Storm,

You can send a CCA request to anyone you have a credit agreement with (credit card or catalogue companies) to see if they have the proper doc'ts to make the debt legally enforceable. If they don't, they cannot pursue you to recover the debt.

See letter N here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

This can't, however, be used in the same way with bank overdrafts.

The big loan you have with Halifax for £17K - is this a bank loan for which you currently pay £1 per month.

Hi Storm,

If you're ready to d/w reclaiming the Abbey a/c charges, you need to ensure you have all the nec'y bank state's. Go through them carefully and put all unlawful charges onto your SOC (Schedule of Charges) spreadsheet.

See Link No1 in my signature below.

If you don't have all the bank state's, you must send of for them using the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter which you'll also see mentioned in Link No1. There is a £10 fee for this.

If you want us to keep track of the Abbey claim and advise if nec'y, go to the Abbey forum and start a new thread in there. Use that JUST for the Abbey claim.

Are you ok about the CCA letter I mentioned in post #37 above.

Slick thank you for the link for the letters have saved them on my pc but I am unwell again and can't get my head into them just now I have to take things slowly, so please don't give up on me, i am not a hopeless case just ill right now but i do appricaite the help, thanks

funny i have changed bank accounts and it looks healthy for once :rolleyes:

No probs - come back when you're ready :)