Telephone 01412283068 and AIC, Basingstoke

N.P
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5696 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi again boys and girls,

Right, I have another for you today.

This morning, at my girlfriends address where I spend some time, she received a Post Card in the post, it was posted 2nd Class.

It reads:

N.P,

CAN YOU CALL ME ON 01412283068, CHEERS STEVIE.

On the bottom right of the card was the following address:

AIC

Reg. Office: The Clock Tower, Office No 5, Chineham, Basingstoke, RG24 8BQ.

On the card is also a handwritten number, which I think must be some sort of a Reference Number.

Now, I don`t have a clue what the hell this is. On Googling the phone number a reference to a link on Money Expert regarding a number for Cetelem.

However, another Google on AIC at that address and postode suggests they are Allied Internationl Credit, who are experts in Debt Recovery. Does that mean I`m knackered now then?

Anyway, they only thing I can think of and why it has landed at this address and not my mams is that is could be regarding my other Argos Card account. This has gone from Morecrap, back to Argos, then to Fredrikson International and maybe now ........ Allied.

I`d welcome any comments on this from anyone.

Regards

N.P

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

Hi there gymfreak,

Thanks for the post.

I thought as much, as the only clowns that have my girlfriends address are Argos. It seemed strange that something like this should appear through her letterbox.

No doubt I will be hearing more from these goons, as guess they will have to introduce themselves more so I know who they are and what the hell they want.

So, if it is regarding Argos, who would I be expecting next after I scatter these morons? Any idea`s?

Do you have a dodgy Argos Card?

I think when they confirm what they want and if it is regarding Argos, I`ll have to launch a complaint with Trading Standards as to their annoying activity with these knob headed DCA`s.

When I know more, I`ll update my Argos thread.

You know, when you think about it, DCA`s are pretty poor at what they are supposed to do really aren`t they? I mean, three DCA`s for one account, they`re just a bunch of knob jockeys aren`t they?

Anyway, thanks again.

Regards

N.P

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

allied have a website

Allied International Credit - Home

I take it you sent a CCA request to Moorcroft?? i

Hi again,

Yeah, I have Googled AIC and came up with that site, that`s when I thought it could have something to do with Argos.

Also, yes, I CCA`s Morecrap months ago now, they wrote to me saying they have returned the account to Argos as they couldn`t provide a CCA. In fact they didn`t show up with anything, not even an application form.

I then heard from Fredrikson International wanting payment in full, yeah right, whatever!

And now, it looks like some other irritating spotty young un`s on minimum wage, straight from College.

Regards

N.P

never had an Argos card, but you get to know original creditors favourite debt collectors, a great way of knowing if the debts been sold, in this case looks like it has not, imo of course.

Trying your gf's address has have had no luck at your address, so trying a new tatic, since you CCA'd moorcroft, the debt becomes in dispute and should have never been passed on to frederick, not alone these new mugs.

Depends what you wanna do CCA the new mugs again, or ignore them, id be declined to ignore them, as far as your concerned the debts in dispute with moorcroft.

The account probably go around a few more houses before they finally give up.

Oh by the way this isnt debt avoidance by the way. (you have to get that in these days)

good luck anyway, you can sleep well tonight (nap)

sorry im to use to the betfair forum

CAN YOU CALL ME ON 01412283068, CHEERS STEVIE.

Although the registered address is in Basingstoke, all the threatomatics and cheery telephone calls seem to come from their Glasgow office (that's why you get the please contact us on 0141...).

I would inform them in writing that you have previously sent a CCA request to Moorcroft which has yet to be complied with. Therefore the account is legally unenforceable. If they wish to continue to attempt to pursue the matter in any way you'll report them to TS.

There is no need to send a new CCA request with the one pound fee. Your original request still stands.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

or you could give them a call , you know you are in the right , just tell them what YOU want to say interrupt at every oppurtunity, sing to them , hmmmmmm , and when youve had your fun put the phone down .

CAG v dca

CAG EVERYTIME .....

KEEP RIGHT ON TILL THE END OF THE ROAD ........

Actually this is one of their silly little postcards, isn't it. Just file under ignore and don't bother doing anything until they actually tell you what they are contacting you about.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hi guys,

Thanks for the posts.

Yeah, this would seem to be just one of their silly little post cards.

I have listed everything that was on the card, so you know just as much as I on what they REALLY want. I`m just going off the posts on this thread that it looks like it`s regarding the Argos account.

Saying that, I would have thought that Fredrikson might have sent something else about the account being passed back to Argos or onto some other imbecile.

I`ll just blank it, I mean, just because some stranger sends you a strange card with a message asking you to ring them, doesn`t mean that your going to, does it? Clearly it`s there way to say we are going to start chewing you, but first we`ll get you thinking and worried a while first, so you wonder who it is.

Saying that, it didn`t take long to work it out, so they`re not that good at this psychological stuff are they?

Like Rory states, I`ll guess I`ll wait for a propper letter before I tell them where to go. I must admit though, Argos are pretty persistent on this. Most annoying.

Regards

N.P

• 4 weeks later...

Iv'e read a few of your posts on this site and I have been very impressed by the advice you have given to others.

I now have a problem which I would like you to advise me on.

5-6 years ago I got into debt and fell into arrears, I then chose to ignore all letters that came through the post. In 2004/5 I decided to use a debt consolidation company called Harrington Brookes. I found that regular payments to this company stopped the companies I owed money too sending me letters.

After 3 years of this I realised my £180 payments every month, didn't knock hardly anything of my total £7000 grand debt, I was left with £5000, the Maths didn't seem right. I cancelled my direct debit with them and left there agreement.

Over the last year I have recieved letterd from DCA's who are asking for money that i owe my original creditors. So I had Moorcraft and a couple of other firms asking for payment, I agreed payment to these companies by monthly installments, which was not a problem as they were smaller debts.

On Friday I have recieved a card in the post from AIC asking me to call them on 0141 number. When I recieved there card I google the adress details and found this site, I realise that they are after the £4500 I owe Lloyds on 2 loans I had 2002.

My first initial though is call them and offer to pay installments of £300 per/monthe (affordable for me). However once reading the Forums they seem very aggresive and I don't think they will agree to this.

They don't have my mobile number, I have no landline number and they don't know where I work. Should I just ignore there card, or ask for a cca and get them to show proof that I owe them?

Where do I go next and what should be my next action? Its obvious they can't call me, no phone number shall I call them on a withheld number and swee what happens first of all.

Iv'e read a few of your posts on this site and I have been very impressed by the advice you have given to others.

I now have a problem which I would like you to advise me on.

5-6 years ago I got into debt and fell into arrears, I then chose to ignore all letters that came through the post. In 2004/5 I decided to use a debt consolidation company called Harrington Brookes. I found that regular payments to this company stopped the companies I owed money too sending me letters.

After 3 years of this I realised my £180 payments every month, didn't knock hardly anything of my total £7000 grand debt, I was left with £5000, the Maths didn't seem right. I cancelled my direct debit with them and left there agreement.

Over the last year I have recieved letterd from DCA's who are asking for money that i owe my original creditors. So I had Moorcraft and a couple of other firms asking for payment, I agreed payment to these companies by monthly installments, which was not a problem as they were smaller debts.

On Friday I have recieved a card in the post from AIC asking me to call them on 0141 number. When I recieved there card I google the adress details and found this site, I realise that they are after the £4500 I owe Lloyds on 2 loans I had 2002.

My first initial though is call them and offer to pay installments of £300 per/monthe (affordable for me). However once reading the Forums they seem very aggresive and I don't think they will agree to this.

They don't have my mobile number, I have no landline number and they don't know where I work. Should I just ignore there card, or ask for a cca and get them to show proof that I owe them?

Where do I go next and what should be my next action? Its obvious they can't call me, no phone number shall I call them on a withheld number and swee what happens first of all.

Hi there xapns,

Thanks for the post on my thread.

Also, welcome to CAG. If you have debt problems, your now in the right place. There are thousands of people on here with exactly the same problem as you and I, and they will all help you when they can. I`m just plodding along myself, with advice given from others.

Going from what you have typed, it looks as though there aggresive and intimidating has got you worried. Fear not, that`s what they exactly want you to do. They want you to feel scared and worried and that the only way out of your mess is to pay whatever they ask. I don`t think so.

Could you tell us what these alleged debts are for? Are they for Credit Cards, Loans etc?

Before you pay ANYTHING to ANYONE, you MUST ensure they have a legal right to claim it. The letters you`ll receive are, and, can be scarry and intimidating, but that is the whole point of them.

Right, you mentioned about that silly little Post Card from AIC. Well, I haven`t responded to mine and they haven`t sent anything else or called me, so what does that tell you? I think they are fishing for some poor weak minded person to pick on.

Don`t even think about ringing these knob jockeys. Let them come to you. Don`t do anything untill you receive a proper letter from them, with an explanation of what the hell they want.

If they send something, we`ll send a prove it letter, courtesy of the great Curlyben, then probably followed by a CCA request, then followed by a couple of `I`m getting bored now, so knob off` letter`s.

There isn`t really much else I can add at the moment, just to let us know what these alleged debts are for and how old the accounts are.

Also, DO NOT SPEAK TO THEM ON THE PHONE, EVER! It`s totally pointless and they will only lie and bully you into paying something you can`t afford.

Do everything in writing, keep all letter`s you receive and make a copy of all letter`s you send.

As for that stupid Post Card from AIC, I doubt you`ll receive anything else, but you could file it under `T` for toilet paper, so when you run out, you have a good thick emergency piece.

Right, catch you later, just remember to let us know what the alleged debst are for.

Regards

N.P

P.S If you find my post helpful, then please click my scales.

The debt is for 2 lloyds tsb loans I took out years ago around summer 2002. however I have made some payments back to Lloyds from the consildation firm i mentioned in my previous post, however I stop the consilidation as they were robbing the money I was paying them, they call it a consultation fee! rip of b**tards I was so naive and stressed out when I made that arrangement with them. Cheers for the advice mate, i'll throw the post card into the disposable filing cabinet!

The debt is for 2 lloyds tsb loans I took out years ago around summer 2002. however I have made some payments back to Lloyds from the consildation firm i mentioned in my previous post, however I stop the consilidation as they were robbing the money I was paying them, they call it a consultation fee! rip of b**tards I was so naive and stressed out when I made that arrangement with them. Cheers for the advice mate, i'll throw the post card into the disposable filing cabinet!

Hi again,

You should now start your own thread so people can keep a track of you and you don`t mix threads up.

Also, like Grumpy says, you should really file it away somewhere safe for future reference. You could buy a cheap lever arch file and dividers to keep all your paper work in, if you don`t already have one.

Please start your own thread with your problems on, and we will go on from there. You could also send me a link to your thread incase I miss it on the menu.

Catch you again soon matey.

Regards

N.P ;)

• 3 weeks later...
These people called my next door neighbour looking for my mother, who lives 2 miles away from my house! What is with that? Are they allowed to do that?

Hi haddinson,

I wouldn`t have thought so, depends if they told your neighbour any private and confidential information. Did they say to your neighbour why they are looking for your mother? If so, that is a clear breach of the Data Protection Act.

Have you or she had any letters or silly little Post Cards from these knobs yet?

I haven`t heard anything else from them since that stupid, childish Post Card. They must have gone phishing.

Regards

N.P

I havent heard anything since the post card, i don't een think about them at the moment as soon as i hear anthing i'll post it on here.

To bo honest, I haven`t thought about them.

I just noticed this thread was on the top of my Subscribed Threads list today.

There`s always someone getting grief from these bell ends.

N.P

• 3 months later...

I had a postcard from these and rang them, they said i had to pay it within a week. I spoke to Citizens Advice today and they said not to let them in the house and ring police if feel threatened, apparently they buy the debt's for around 5p and come after the money hence not taking payment plans etc. They just want someone else's money.

Hi there jebtmb,

Thanks for adding your experience with these knob jockeys to my thread.

Fortunately for me, I haven`t heard a single thing back from them, no more silly little postcards, no letters, no telephone calls, NOTHING!

If I were you, I wouldn`t have bothered contacting them. If they want to get hold of you, let them work for it and prove everything before you even acknowledge these morons.

Regards

N.P

Just a thought, do you know what this alleged debt is? Credit Card, Loan etc?

What is the balance of the debt?

How old is the debt?

Are there any unlawful charges added to the balance?

Have you thought what your next move is?

N.P

Hi

I know now we shouldnt of contacted them but a little late now.

The debt is for a time card with currys or comet cant remember now, as it was 5 year ago. Its for £370.

They have rang twice today as they wanted payment today. Which I cant afford.

What should we do? Need so advise

Thanks

Don't talk to them on the phone

If they call, don't answer their questions about dob etc

There is no real hurry. They can't do anything in the short term other than phone or send letters (they will be a bit intimidating - just save everything that they send)

Send the telephone harassment letter and a prove-it letter recorded delivery. Don't sign any of the letters with your usual signature.

If they can show it is your debt then you will send a CCA request

Dear Sir/Madam

Account no:

I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOURSELVES OR TO ANY COMPANY TO CLAIM TO REPRESENT.

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

(Your Name) Print do not sign