npower prepay electric prices

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5832 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am very confused with my new KEY meter and a little angry to say the least. We keep running out! I have only been on this key meter for a couple of months before we were on a card meter and we averaged £10 to 15 a week. Now I am paying £25 to £30 a week and I can not understand it, it ran out on my son on Tuesday and it had no emergency on it which I am 100% positive we never used. I bought £10 (bit hard up this week) and put it in the meter immediately it took £5 for the emergency and then totaled the meter, the final amount showing was £1.36 how is that what has happened to the rest? I checked Wednesday morning and it was showing just 80p so I thought I had better switch it over to the emergency (now when I used to do this it would add the remaining amount on to the emergency ie should show £5.80) I did this and it only showed £5 what has happened to the 80p? It is now Thursday morning checked it again and it is £1.01, so somehow I have used £3.99 in 24 hours it seems impossible I never used to go through this much and I have changed nothing in the power useage, there is no-one home during the day, I turn things off at the power, my boiler is off as I have no use for it during the summer, I do leave my immersion on constantly (which I admit I do not need to so I will stop this and see if it makes any difference) but I have always left it on, that is nothing new. Any suggestions it is driving me mad!