Moorcroft and Electricity debt

mrsfoot
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5944 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My neighbour is having problems with Moorcroft over an alleged debt with Powergen. She has received letter after letter but is adamant that PG never supplied her property.

I mak#de a mistake and sent off a CCA request to which she received a reply saying it was not regulated under the act blah blah (my fault I know). Anyhow I have given her 2 further letters asking for evidence that PG supplied the product but moorcroft have sent this response today:

Dear Mrsfoots neighbour

We are unable to assist in this matter until you make a formal payment plan agreement to repay the debt. Once this is set up we will then try to assist you.

Now do not get me wrong, if the debt is hers then she is quiet happy to pay but the argument is she has never agreed to PG supplying anything.

What is the next step?? All ideas welcome

Thanks xx

What about making a formal complaint, ask for a copy of their complaints procedure, say you have no knowledge of the debt & that she has never been a customer and that the alleged debt is in dispute. Ask again for details. You can't pay a bill if you don't know what it is for.

I would keep that up until they go away, give the details or take her to court. There's no way that they could win with a record of correspondence like that

Grumpy

Just phone you local distributor they can tell you who has legally supplied your property or pm me your address and I can check for you.

I work for a large supplier.

Bear in mind normally before a utility company chases for a debt they will check to confirm they defiantly supplied the property.

If my post has been helpful please click the scales below my username

Bear in mind normally before a utility company chases for a debt they will check to confirm they defiantly supplied the property.

Your right they should but unfortunatly not always the case, lol.. Hey do you use ICE, if so it is always freezing . .lol. . .

Your right they should but unfortunatly not always the case, lol.. Hey do you use ICE, if so it is always freezing . .lol. . .

No dont work on the phone :cool:

If my post has been helpful please click the scales below my username

Ha too funny Clare, yeah the good fun quote tool, by the time a quote is given the system melts. . . . .

And now they got the all new singing and dancing key meter tools intergrated. Pleaseeeeee give me back telaxus . . . . . Actually I was one of the few not to lose it but there ya go :lol:

Oh yes, the String Conversion!!! And thats if the quote would be right in the first place. Never got Telaxus, but apparently im priviledged to have Xoserve these days

Oh well, had better get to work. Suspect its not going to be a good day given the price announcement yesterday.