Re: Has anyone recieved a deferment form for this year yet?

noomill060
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5656 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Give them a call to amke sure it hasn't got "lost" in the post - wouldn't put anything past them.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Yes I have, and I returned it recorded delivery on time. Amazingly they then phoned me and told me they hadn't received it, when I told them I sent it recorded they instantly changed their mind and said 'oh yes we have received it'.

Its this kind of stuff I wish we could prosecute them for, not just the dodgy charges. Also the old 'The OFT have said our charges are enforcable', I just can't beleive they even try that one. Sorry, rant over.

Shortly before the trial date you will receieve a letter from their solicitors similar to this:

"Dear tobciocc,

tobciocc v SLC

Claim number xxxxxxxxx

We act on behalf of SLC and write in reference to the claim initiated by you in Xxxxxxxxx Court against our clients.

We have been instructed by our clients to make an offer of settlement on the following terms:

1. that the £xxx of charges due on your account and currently in dispute be removed from your account numbered xxxxxxxxxxxx

2. that the remaining £xx of charges due on your account and not detailed in your claim be removed from your account numbered xxxxxxxxx

3. that the charge of £xx applied to your loan account numbered xxxxxxxxxxxx x on xx/xx/xx paid by you on xx/xx/xx and currently in dispute be refunded to you by cheque

4. that your Court fee of £xx be refunded to you by cheque and

5. that the interest of £xx.xx claimed be refunded to you by cheque.

Please note the the decision to resolve this matter has been taken for commercial reasons and that our clients do not accept liability for you claims. As is clear from the defence lodged on behalf of SLC, SLC's position is that the charges applied to your account have been applied in accordance with the terms of your loan agreement with SLC.

This letter is written entirely without predudice - bla bla bla..."

• 9 months later...

Hi there - really sorry to bother you but I have HSL on my back and I feel like I am going to have a nervouse breakdown - I have stumbled on this site - and I am really desperate now

To cut a long story short - I am a full time mother of 3 children, and am not working - supported by my partner - only receive child benefit

HSL have lost 2 of my deferral forms, refuse to defer my account - are questioning how I can survive on just childbenefit, and on Monday sent a debt collector to my house to take photos of my property

I have heard CCA and DPA mentioned - but cannot find the templates - do you have any links

I am trying to stay positive , but am reduced to tears when I think of how HSL treat us (I am oldstyle pre 98 loan)

Hi knowledgeispower and welcome to the forums. It would be best if you started your own thread - how to do it is here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Let me know when you do and I'll have a look. Out of interest, when did you last make a payment?

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.