The worst way spoken to by a DCA....

mr.ton
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5935 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well, Clarity have threatened to send the boys round, but I'm afraid I just hysterically laughed at them ... only time I can actually say ROFLMAO sincerely applied.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hubby had dealings with Bryan Carter who threatened court action, to which he replied 'go on then, I'll see you there'.

They've since referred his account back to the OC :D

Mr & Mrs Ananya's story so far -

Welcome Finance - account closed - no CCA - 02/07 - £1500

NatWest - settled in full 09/06 - £600

NatWest - settled in full 06/07 - £72

Verso - Settled in full 07/08 - £2002

C.K. Edrupt/Provident - account closed - no CCA - 04/07 - £640

Littlewoods/Shop Direct - 2 accounts closed - Statute Barred - 04/10 - £800

D.C.A.s who've given up so far -10

Here's a snippet of a complaint letter I wrote to Debt Manager's Limited following a particularly rude telephone conversation with 'Jenny' :

Quote:

Jenny called to advise me that I have an outstanding balance £7198.54 and requested payment by credit or debit card. I advised Jenny that I was unable to make a payment of £7198.54, she asked why to which I replied, “Because I don’t have £7000.00”. My partner, who was in the room with me at the time, laughed and Jenny obviously assumed it was me laughing and snapped “Do you think this is funny Miss Clarke?”. I assured Jenny that I did not find this funny, indeed someone calling you on an evening demanding seven thousand pounds is not a laughing matter. I once again advised Jenny that I did not have £7000.00 available to pay her, and she asked me “Why is that Miss Clarke?” several times.

I obviously failed to come up with a reasonable answer to Jenny’s question as she next asked me to pay in 2 monthly instalments of approximately £3500.00 each. I advised Jenny that this was not possible, after all I don’t even earn anywhere near £3500.00 per month. Jenny then decided that I did not have £7198.54 to pay but could make a one off payment of approximately £5500.00. I advised Jenny that I did not have £5500.00 to which she asked if there wasn’t someone who could pay the debt for me. Had there ever been someone who could pay my debts for me, I would not have found myself in the difficult situation I am in now.

They have now agreed to no longer phone me and any contact will be made in writing.

It's against OFT guidlines to ask someone to borrow money to pay off an alledged debt :x

Make a formal complaint to OFT, TS, FOS, your MP and anyone else you can think of ASAP...

Here's the links:

The Office of Fair Trading: making markets work well for consumers

Trading Standards Central - Trading Standards and Consumer Protection information for the UK

Financial Ombudsman Service

Good luck and best wishes...

Thank You! I didn't know that! I complained to DML in November (that's where that bit of the letter is taken from) and received a reply saying they were investigating etc. I complained to them regarding harrasment and also a Data Protection Issue as they were phoning my mother even though they know I didn't live with her.

I am taking my complaint of both of these issues further so I'm very thankful you brought that to my attention :p

Many thanks to the mods for rescuing my thread from total destruction :(

....so has anyone else got more examples of the way they've been spoken to by various DCA's?

Hi mr.tom,

Sorry about the nonsense on you thread the other night. I made a comment, then some muppet just had to butt in, then everyone started.

Hope there`s no hard feelings matey?

Regards

N.P :(

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

I remember back in 2002 that i received a phone call at about 7pm on a Saturday night off a DCA - the guy asked me was their a cash machine near by & i stupidly said there was.

He wanted me to go to that cash machine straight away.

Can anyone explain what for as to this day i still cant workout the logic in being asked to do that by the DCA guy?

I cant believe i almost fell for what he was telling me to do as well..after about 5 minutes, i finally got my logical brain back & said to him "oh f**k off n*b head" & hung up :mad:

2.5 Putting pressure on debtors or third parties is considered to be oppressive.

2.6 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:

a. contacting debtors at unreasonable times and at unreasonable intervals

b. pressurising debtors to sell property, to raise funds by further

borrowing or to extend their borrowing

There will be several thing that a DCA has done that break oft guidelines.

You can check them all out here.............OFT debt collection guidance

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

2.5 Putting pressure on debtors or third parties is considered to be oppressive.

2.6 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:

a. contacting debtors at unreasonable times and at unreasonable intervals

b. pressurising debtors to sell property, to raise funds by further

borrowing or to extend their borrowing

Thanks ODC :) That's exactly what I meant...