style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5676 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had an email from my MPs office telling me that he will be in touch shortly with some news. So I suppose holding horses might be the route for today!

Need to work for the rest of today any way - a living has to be made and I'm the only one in. Juggling telephones and computers.

well it sounds like thing have kinda been going your way.

I hope you are looking forward to this news from your MP as it sounds like there may have been abreak threw.

Chrissi

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

My daughter cannot do any more - so from her point of view bankruptcy is the fastest and easiest option. Bankruptcy hearing at 9.30am Wednesday 27th. Lets hope its an auspicious day! Always provided she hasnt been pulled into hospital before then, she needs some surgery that is becoming pressing.

Make damn sure you let the Judge know exactly what has happened and that the judge is aware that your MP is involved.

This is insane.

Sorry, but this really doesnt add up.

Sorry its not my decision to bring it all to an end but my daughter's, she is nto in any position to cope with any more emotional turmoil, she needs and deserves some quiet in her life, there is more wrong with her then I have ever put on this forum, and I cannot bear to see her becoming more frail. So we are bringing the financial side to a close at her request. In her submission for bankruptcy we have put int all that has happened to her, and why she is taking this course of action, there is also a doctors statement about her health.

A clean slate in her circumstances is really all that is needed, to stop the hassle from the credit card companies etc.

If this was me I would go all the way down the road to making the person who is responsible pay, but I am healthy and will outlive my daughter. My daughter deserves not to have to battle with the Credit Card Companies. I am sure the Judge will see it that way. She really cannot do any more, her body is getting weaker by the day, and her mental health is also going down with her physical problems.

Its what my daughter wants.

The MP never did get back to me! no suprise there! To those that have shall be given and from those that have not it will be taken.

Just sending you my support sister and hope your daughter feels a little better when this is all over .... best wishes from Caz :)

NatWest : £857.00 won! March/07

Natwest : Witholding my statements & adding defaults etc , S.A.R sent Jan/08

Natwest for my partner : £2,101.00 won! Feb/07

Studio Cards : Refund for admin charges £108 Won! Dec/07

Complaint made to FOS for P.P.I Jan/08

Nationwide: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent for statements Nov/07 ( waiting to see what happens in the OFT test case )

Littlewoods : defaulted on CCA request Feb/07

DCA's that crawled out from the woodwork and have crawled back : 28 so far!!

My favourite link on CAG:

Click here: Can't Find What You're Looking For? Here's A Complete A-z Index - The Consumer Forums

What is the name of your MP?

Patrick Hall

and despite what his researcher said he has not been in touch with us. so as I have said in my email to him to tell him that the bankruptcy hearing is tomorrow morning, we will continue with our own resources as we always have - and of course with all the help that I have had from here - this place really is an amazing resource.

Today Virgin/MBNA have told us that they do not see that any of it is fraud and if we believe it to be we should report it to the police. they also say they have lost patience with us and are demanding the lot back within seven days.

The good bit of news for us is that my daughter got her letter giving her entitlement to Income Support, that helps with the court fees, and she now has enough money to pay her rent - the council are holding her housing benefit until she has another bank account or the receiver tells them where to send it. We will look at that as next months rent and her utitlity bill payments. I know this is not going to be easy while everything is sorted out, but my daughter will know exactly where she stands once its all sorted.

She has another infection, and for the next three weeks she has an extra day at the hospital for various appointments, so instead of three days a week there whe will be there for four days a week!

Wish her luck for tomorrow - she is dreading it - but also seeing it as her way out of an invidious situation.

The first bit is now over, no one can phone her or write to her any more as she is officially bankrupt and all letters etc have to go to the official receiver, whom I will hear from this afternoon. She is much more relaxed now, as everyone was extremly lovely at the court, they all went out of their way to make sure she was comfortable, especially after they read the section where it was explained why she was asking for bankruptcy. So there are some nice official people afterall.

OK, sisterno1, there are two things you need to do:

1. Chose a bank (not one your daughter owed money to) such as Co-Op or nasty west, and apply to open a basic bank account ASAP ... cause they can take weeks to open and,

2. Send a copy of the bankruptcy order to all her creditors, making sure that you keep a copy of your proof of posting.

i think your daughter will find that it's 95% plain sailing from here, just a question of having a chat to the OR and then that will likely be it.

if anyone calls, quote the bankruptcy order and address of OR, and leave it at that. If they call a second time, report them to OR.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

thank you - the OR must have been busy today as no telephone call. Will go and phtocopy the bankruptcy order and get it all in the post today, (is there any reason for maybe faxing them?) and yes have started looking around for a bank for her, but apparently according to all the literature not allowed to do anything about that until the OR tells her to.

However have telephoned and now written to the DWP and the jobcentre to get the rest of her benefits by giro until another bank is found, the only thing that we have difficulty with is her HB as the council is holding onto that until a new bank account is opened, they dont pay cashable cheques, and they will not put it into any other account except with my daughters name on it. I would have liked to talk to the OR today so that those things can be straightened out, but tomorrow will do!

thank you - the OR must have been busy today as no telephone call. Will go and phtocopy the bankruptcy order and get it all in the post today, (is there any reason for maybe faxing them?) and yes have started looking around for a bank for her, but apparently according to all the literature not allowed to do anything about that until the OR tells her to.

Fax, email, post... whichever you like, as long as you retain proof you sent it to them.

However have telephoned and now written to the DWP and the jobcentre to get the rest of her benefits by giro until another bank is found, the only thing that we have difficulty with is her HB as the council is holding onto that until a new bank account is opened, they dont pay cashable cheques, and they will not put it into any other account except with my daughters name on it. I would have liked to talk to the OR today so that those things can be straightened out, but tomorrow will do!

yeah, good luck.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

Well done sister :D

Bet you're feeling like a big weight as been lifted off yours and your daughters shoulders after the hearing this morning.

The post office account is a great idea.

Why doesn't the Housing benefit go straight to the landlord?

It would save a lot of hassle in the long run and would be one less direct debit to set up. ( just a thought)

NatWest : £857.00 won! March/07

Natwest : Witholding my statements & adding defaults etc , S.A.R sent Jan/08

Natwest for my partner : £2,101.00 won! Feb/07

Studio Cards : Refund for admin charges £108 Won! Dec/07

Complaint made to FOS for P.P.I Jan/08

Nationwide: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent for statements Nov/07 ( waiting to see what happens in the OFT test case )

Littlewoods : defaulted on CCA request Feb/07

DCA's that crawled out from the woodwork and have crawled back : 28 so far!!

My favourite link on CAG:

Click here: Can't Find What You're Looking For? Here's A Complete A-z Index - The Consumer Forums

Well done sister :D

Bet you're feeling like a big weight as been lifted off yours and your daughters shoulders after the hearing this morning. YES even though there is a little more to do.

The post office account is a great idea.

Why doesn't the Housing benefit go straight to the landlord? 'cause the landlords agent will not deal with it becasue HB is paid in arrears two weekly and the rent is monthly and then there is the bit that my daughter has to pay to make it up and the poor people cannot do the reconciliations, and we would rather not rock the boat as my daughter doenst want to leave "her" house at the moment.

It would save a lot of hassle in the long run and would be one less direct debit to set up. ( just a thought)

All mine in green within the quote

OK how long do we wait before we take the initiative and get in touch with the OR? When we left the court yesterday we were told that the OR would be in touch yesterday - so far not yesterday and not today - daughter at hospital today - she deliberately put my name and number on the paperwork and gave leave for me to be contacted - but she hasnt been contacted nor have I. this is worrying

Erm, you'll have ta give me a hint... what thread do you want merged?

Erm, you'll have ta give me a hint... what thread do you want merged?

This one and this one

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/120736-help-required-pointers-7.html

They are really the same story - they both used to be in the general debt forum - but it doenst really matter one way or the other - I started this one as I was so furious with the police! seems such a long time ago now.

As an addition I am now furious with our MP, he seems to care about helping people who are disadvantaged and the dirty done on them, but not on this occassion! Maybe its because we no longer canvass or vote for them:mad:

Cool, I've merged and moved to the Formal Solutions debt forum.