debt with hsbc

pigsic
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5538 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Lisa,

A mixture of what Paul advised you say in an earlier post and what you have there.

Say...

Dear Sirs,

ACCOUNT NO: xxxxxxxxxxxx

ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE

This account is in dispute with HSBC and I am in communication with them regarding this matter.

I will write to you again as soon as HSBC have replied to my letter dated XX XX XXXX

Alternatively, perhaps you can refer this account back to them.

Please advise me of your decision within 7 days.

Regards..

Hi Ok thanks ever so much as you can see I am rubbish and putting letters together

thanks again

lisa

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there all

Well on saturday dad received a letter back from HSBC Bank.

gose like this can someone advice me what to do.

Dear Mr ********

Thank you for your recent letter with regards to information concernng transactions and charges on your account.

Unfortunately, you have omitted to sign your letter. may I ask you please to submitt fresh instructions ensuring your letter is signed. I apologise for the inconvenience this may cause you, however, your signature is a legal requirement. (ya right)

I have enclosed your postal order as the bank is happy to waive any fees for the production of this information.

your sincerely

Customer resolutions manager

I think thy trying to get dads signature so they can copy is onto an agreement cos we now they dont have one of these .

Lisa, you are so clued up now - you've been playing this game too long :D

This link may be of interest:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/139881-hsbc-want-signature.html

;)

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

a digital signature should be good enough

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

I would send them the letter that's on the link hopeful1 gave you lisa....it says all you need........

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/139881-hsbc-want-signature.html#post1489210

btw hopeful 1 is right - you're getting wise to them now - well done! :D

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

sorry is this the letter

Dear Sirs,

RE Account NO XXXXXXXX

Thank you for your letter dated xx/xx/2008 the contents of which are noted

In your letter you make reference to requiring my signed authorisation /specimen signature** before you comply. I draw your attention to the fact that the Consumer Credit Act 1974 does not require that i supply you a copy of my signature before you comply with my S77/78** request.

If it is for Data Protection purposes then i can happily supply you with documentation to substantiate my identity to you.

However please note that to date you have happily sent statements and correspondence containing extensive sensitive private information to my address. I have to ask if you are concerned that you are corresponding with the correct person why has it taken so long to raise this?

As you are aware, disclosing data without adequate checks of identity is contrary to the 7th principal of data protection, listed in schedule 1 of the Data protection Act 1998:

7. Appropriate technical and organisational measures shall be taken against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data.

My request for a true copy of my credit agreement under section 77/78** was made on xx/xx/2008 and the 12 working days for your compliance expire on xx/xx/2008. I note that there is no provision that removes the requirements of the act to provide this information on time, even if you are unsure of my identity.

I look forward to receiving the documentation requested

Regards

Print dont Sign

This is the letter lisa, - it tells them that you know they're wasting time asking for something which is unnecessary, and also reminding them that you asked for information and the clock is still ticking for their compliance with your request.

Don't forget - don't sign it - and send 'Recorded Delivery' :)

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

This is the letter lisa, - it tells them that you know they're wasting time asking for something which is unnecessary, and also reminding them that you asked for information and the clock is still ticking for their compliance with your request.

Don't forget - don't sign it - and send 'Recorded Delivery' :)

Hi johnnymitch

Sorry to be a pest but you know the letter i sent was regarding s.a.r but this is about cca is that ok to send it

thanks lisa

It does not matter just change the details to SAR and data protection act and other relivant details remember tho 40 days for a SAR and DONT SIGN IT.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

If you sent the letter asking for both as advised by PT2537 lisa, then this letter should cover both eventualities ........ you're asking for info - they don't need a signature...... simple as that.....

And you're not being a pest.......I know you just want to get it right :)

Oops -you beat me to it tgm , but basically, I think we're saying the same thing..... :-)

Nemo me impune lacessit

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Can you let me know if the additons to the letter sound ok

thanks lisa

Dear Sirs,

RE Account NO

Thank you for your letter dated 27-06-2008 the contents of which are noted

In your letter you make reference to requiring my signed authorisation /specimen signature** before you comply. I draw your attention to the fact that the Consumer Credit Act 1974,S.A.R and Data Protection Act 1998 does not require that I supply you a copy of my signature before you comply with my S77/78** request.

If it is for Data Protection purposes then I can happily supply you with documentation to substantiate my identity to you.

However please note that to date you have happily sent statements and correspondence containing extensive sensitive private information to my address. I have to ask if you are concerned that you are corresponding with the correct person why has it taken so long to raise this?

As you are aware, disclosing data without adequate checks of identity is contrary to the 7th principal of data protection, listed in schedule 1 of the Data protection Act 1998:

7. Appropriate technical and organisational measures shall be taken against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data.

My request for a true copy of my credit agreement under section 77/78** was made on 13-01-2008 and the 12 working days for your compliance expired on 29-01-2008. And my request for S.A.R Data Protection Act 1998 was made on the 23-06-2008 and you have 40 days from that date to comply. I note that there is no provision that removes the requirements of the act to provide this information on time, even if you are unsure of my identity.

I look forward to receiving the documentation requested

Regards

Mr

Perfect :D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Sounds spot-on to me Lisa, that's a good letter ..........:)

Nemo me impune lacessit

yep i agree.

• 1 month later...

Hi there all

following my letter to hsbc bank at the beginning of july. Dad has received a letter back from them saying that they need a signiture before they can provide information. we do they send letters to the address if they do not know its dad they writing to.

this is the letter they sent, PLEASE HELP

scan0001-3.jpg

Hi lisa ,

Nice to hear from you again- :)

Don't be fooled by this ploy they do not need a signature ........

Have a look at this link and think about sending them a similar letter...

Signature not required

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/139881-hsbc-want-signature.html

Nemo me impune lacessit

I've just been looking back Lisa. didn't you send them this before?

Nemo me impune lacessit

In that previous letter you told them you were prepared to offer proof of identity - if you produce this at your local branch they can order the information you require for you..........

Also , they're quite happy to discuss your account on the phone if you answer their security questions -

Nemo me impune lacessit

Another thought Lisa - they have failed to comply with your SAR therefore you should challenge them to produce the information you require or report them for non-compliance if it's outside the 40 days..........

Have a look at this link and see if there's a template that you can use

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html#post38561

Nemo me impune lacessit

Hi Lisa,

I'm a wee bit puzzled as to how you can send the LBA if you haven't got all the information you require to be able to make a claim for a definite amount .......... :confused:

But if you have got it, send the LBA and follow through - they'll try to delay you at every turn - don't be sidetracked..... :)

Nemo me impune lacessit

You can send your preliminary letter and LBA with "estimated" figures if you know roughly how much has been deducted in penalty charges, this will put your account firmly in dispute and should prompt HSBC's standard we will be looking into it after the test case acknowledgment BUT you must have a fully evidenced claim (backed by bank statements) before you issue court proceedings.

pete