Mortgage arrears- Kensington. Nervous wreck.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5521 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bevo, you need to wait for the repossession before you file for BR so that any shortfall is included in the BR.

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

Hi Tawny,

I know you will not read this before the event but just wanted to let you know that I will be thinking of you. I am not to sure what else to say. For once I am speechless, I know that you have kinda been waiting for this for quite some time now and I hope that this will be the end of all the nasty stuff and you can now get on with living your new life.

My thoughts are with you

olives xx

Chin up Tawney, it will soon be over so you can draw a line under today and move on. Things can only get better.

Thinking of you.

Ellx

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

hi tawny.

Just thought i would add my thoughts and hope it all went well.

I also thought i would add something else.

After a busy hour i sat down and realise what the time was, 1059, then a thought poped in to my head and it was you i was smiling away as i was thinking what if you had made the baliff, locksmith and everyone else do a 2 mins silence.

My OH walked in and asked what i was smiling about and i told him but did not go into details just said one of the CAGgers was being repossessed at 11am and he was thinking of making the baliffs etc do a 2 minute silence. He said that was a good idea and he would love to see it on video.

any way keep ur chin up and remember today is the first day towards the rest of your life.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Well due to severe ear infection didnt go to eviction.But this is what happened.First of all would just like to say what i THINK of Kensington and all other slimy subrimers.My view only and anyone can correct me .

Subrimers were set up -can just imagine the meetings-America had allready been hammered by them and i suppose at the time were doing nicely out of it all so lets target the possible 20 percent of the british market who may just fall into our webs.Me personally was so easy say you earn this and no trouble you are in so long as you can sign your name -and have a pulse and breathing . And for the first time had a few bob.Of course bit by bit it goes increased payments -in construction industry so winters were usually tough so subsidised for while.Anyway then it starts missed payments -then the fees start-monthly arrears fees -coucillors fees all the rest of their greedy fees.So what reppossess them we can get our money back no problem markets BOOMING-then oh dear markets go through the floor in America-well we all knew what was coming soon -America sneezes we all catch a cold.Now the way i see it due to the mortgage for all- markets went through the roof the subrimers must have known this would happen.What they didnt see was the slump.Must be hurting them well we know it is.Shortfalls everywhere.This is how i felt Kensington were operating.

Kensington set up TML their advertising and broker arm-press and other slick advertising.Then money partners their other mortgage arm.Then you say mortgage please to TML and prob pay 2 k for the privelidge not knowing you are giving allready to Kensington because they own TML.ALSO kENSINGTON SAY COME TO US AND YOU WILL GET 2K MONEY BACK -of course you werent going to get this you were going to get moneypartners for day then transferred next day to Kensington avoiding that -no chance .Now my house is repossessed -i dont relly mind that -i have somewhere but what about all the people who are with them what about all the fixed rate deals about to end.Their must be millions.They have caused havoc-my view only and could be wrong but feel something is seriously wrong when financial institutions can do this kind of thing.

Now back to the repo-as i was on a estate and knew many people crazy as well as nice was going to send message to Kensington and baliffy man and locksmithy man.Was going to brick u behindfront door and many other things- like arranging for welcoming commitee of all the wild ones round about-as someone said they would need JCB to get in-but would have loved to see them open front door to meet new brick wall.Ten years ago would have done but changed mind about three weeks ago and decided to be peaceful.

Three cars drew u at 10-30 one baliff nice car-one 4x4 locksmithy man who brought his wife for support.One porsche with well dressed dude-allready thinking other option would have been nice-visions of porsche with no wheels and locksmiths skeleton keys borrowed and all locked up in house.At Precisely 11 AM ON THE 11TH MONTH ON THE 11 TH DAY ARMISTICE DAY-NO RESPECT THESE SLIMEBALLS they attempted entry.

The locksmithy idiot couldnt get in with his keys -the baliff man standing there bemused and mr porsche man well back.So after 11 minutes of watching these idiots next door neighbour gave them the key i had left there just before they smashed it down.They had a look round changed the locks back front and side gate and shortly afterwards left.

How do i feel -nothing yet not sad not glad nothing at all.Will post with poss shortfall or when house goes for sale or auction.Thankyou to everyone who has supported me through these difficult times and the tremendous help you have given me.Tawnyowl:)

Aw Tawney, I was worried about you when we didn't hear anything - hope your ear infection is getting better, that's a really painful thing and on top of eveything else you must have felt pretty miserable.

Probably best you didn't go to the house for the repo - keep your dignity intact Tawney - you're a nice man:)

I sincerely hope you can now move forward to a more peaceful existence and I'm sure you will be able to offer lots of help and support to others who are going through what you have experienced.

Stay positive:)

Ellx

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

LOL i would have made them wait a bit longer.

Glad everything went ok and hope u get better soon. a tip would be a hot water bottle then put your bad ear down to sleep. I had ear infections for years and that is what i would do.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest on house-the Title deeds to the property have been despatched to Eversheds for which a fee of 45 pounds have been debited to my account.Of course it has Kensington 45 pounds is very reasonable for sub primers to charge this.Next charge please.Just cant believe the way they charge for this that and the other.Feel sorry for the people who are tied up with them.Maybe they will be held accountable sooner or later for their inflated rip off charges.Cant wait.

Bit of good news just spotted on another members thread:smile:

Mortgage Shortfall - important new decision

A County Court Judge in Warrington has ruled that the Alliance and Leicester could not succeed in their claim for an £20,000 shortfall from when the property was sold in 2002.

His Honour Judge Platts upheld a District Judge’s decision that the bank’s claim was an abuse of process and should be dismissed.

Back in 2001 the Court gave Alliance & Leicester a possession order and a judgment for the amounts due under the mortgage. The bank sold the property in 2002, but the sale did not raise sufficient funds to repay the mortgage in full, leaving a £20,000 shortfall.

Earlier this year, the bank brought a county court claim for the balance.

At a hearing in August, the District Judge threw out the bank's claim. The bank appealed.

Dismissing the bank’s request for permission to appeal, Judge Platts said that it was an abuse of process for the bank to bring a claim now when it already held a judgment for the mortgage debt.

“This decision will affect many cases all over the country” explained Nick Davis of Albinson Napier & Co, solicitor for Mrs R “Banks often wait for many years before suing for a shortfall. Not all lenders asked for judgments when they obtained a possession order, but those who did will find that they cannot now bring a new court claim for any shortfall following sale of the property.”

The problem the banks face is that many of the original judgments are more than six years old, and therefore are very difficult to enforce.

Case details:

Alliance & Leicester Plc v R

Warrington County Court 14 November 2008.

HI Tawny

Just to say I understand where you're coming from. Was repossessed in August - house has been sold, lucky new people moving in next week. The mortgage co have not contacted me at all, other than supplying valuations when asked. Waiting to hear anything about shortfall. I'm unsure whether to write to them and try and settle quickly, or just wait for them to contact me. I do want to move on, and have done emotionally just need to get the nitty gritty out of the way.

Since repo life has been really good, feeling really positive, work has picked up, husband's had a pay rise. I can't belive I spent so much energy fighting and wasted so much money (6 court dates - 4 eviction notices).

Good luck with what will be a much brighter future!

• 2 weeks later...

Latest on house-

1-House is now up for sale

2-There will be a shortfall

3-Doesnt relaly matter going bankrupt in the new year-start the year off nicely.

4-Price reflects the current market-prices going down faster than the titanic.

5-Repossession letter said all articles left in house will be removed within 20 days.Nothing has been moved so will be delightfull viewing.Hope the new buyer has contact in skip business.

6-The shortfall i exspect will be adding up daily till sold.

7-Quite like RBS giving people 6 months till repossesion begins.Anyone with them and knowing there is no chance of keeping house at least they know they can try to save like hell for six months for their new start somewhere else.

8-Hope anyone reading this who is in difficulty will find their way through the troubles and find happy peacefull lives.Tawnyowl:)

Hi Tawny

Hope you are well, you will be surprised how quick the house will sell, mine went within 6 weeks :eek: valued at 114.00 and sold for 120.00 leaving a shortfall of 65.000:eek: but you know what like you not worried anymore bankruptsy option or play chase me :rolleyes: take care xx

Tilly x

Good luck Tawny and Tilly - I'm in the same boat as you both. Keep strong and positive.

Seems to be a lot of people in the boat -hope it doesnt sink.Just hoping they suddenly dont close or alter the bankruptcy laws.Must be a lot of people thinking about it.As for Kensington-well believe they made another sixty people redundant-mmm- Some of them may soon be on here and of course we will help them -the Christian thing to do.Lot of things to catch up with havent been on for a while.Still wondering whats happening to the bank charge thing-probably moving slowly-will have to catch up with all the news.Just about at the bottom now when i hit the bottom -then as Tilly says the only way is upTawny.:)

.Just hoping they suddenly dont close or alter the bankruptcy laws.Must be a lot of people thinking about it.

I know what you mean - I'm worried I will have to make a snap decision. I'm unsure whether to contact the mortgage co and what to write. They have my address and I have asked them to keep me informed but they haven't done so. JUst worried about making the wrong move.

I hit the bottom, but it wasn't as bad as I thought. Life has been really good since, we're so positive and strong that in all areas of work things have turned around for us. The fear has gone - they can't scare me anymore. and there is nothing for them to take. I have all I need, my girls and my husband. Whenever someone says "sorry you've lost your home" I reply that I lost a house not a home (home is wherever my family is) and that I have gained a life"

For the first time in years I am looking forward to Christmas. I wonder if those in credit control and litigation can enjoy themselves knowing how many people's lives they have wrecked?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5521 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks