Philips Collection Services

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5405 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Philips collection Services

Hi All - my first post as a new member.

I'm having a bit of trouble with Philips Collection Services. I was issued with a £40 fine, which I honestly forgot about. the account was passed to these guys, who added £50 for their trouble meaning a total of £90. I refused to pay the £50, as it seemed like extortion, so paid the £40 over the phone via debit card. I have now received a letter saying that they have made 2 bailiff visits at £50 a time, meaning my balance with them is now around £150. I know for a fact that they have not visited, as my girlfriend has been at home during the day for the last couple of months, but even so - are they allowed to do this. All this for the original £40.

Please help!!!!!

Lonestar hi :)

Write to this company, showing proof you paid and the date. If you send a bank statement, then in God's name, make a photocopy of it, black out all your figures, personal details, photocopy it again and post it with a strong letter (see in the Bailiffs forum, theres loads of info and various letter templates quoting parts of the law these people have to abide by) tell them in no uncertain terms 'I paid the fine, here is proof, now go find somewhere safe to stick it' Post by recorded delivery and keep a photocopy. I am sure there is an anti-harassment rule they have to go by in the forum/stickys above the forum - Once you tell them you know your rights and aren't afraid to assert them they should get the pic.

G'luck!

Dons2008 :)

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone! I'm new to this site and had to join after receiving a distressing letter from Philips Collection Services.

I am currently a full-time student and also working part-time to aid this, I received a parking fine and sent a cheque to the local council and considered it dealt with until I recently received a letter saying that the fine had not been paid and therefore they would be dealing with my employer and taking the money from my pay; something that didn't bother me particularly and has happened before and all went well. Anyhow, it appears this hasn't happened either because I received the letter from Philips saying that they were going to send bailiff's to my property (I live with my parents and have no assets other than a brimming wardrobe!)

Where exactly do I stand with this? I have contacted Philips and asked for the case to be referred back to the court if this is possible.. I'm just wondering if anyone's had a similar issue and if so, how was it reconciled? Philips have added their own 50.00 charge and I'm not paying it on top of the 85.00 fine but would be happy to just clear it with the council since it is after all, them who I owe the money to.

Any info would be great, I'm pretty shook up about it all really!!

Many thanks,

L x

Hi everyone! I'm new to this site and had to join after receiving a distressing letter from Philips Collection Services.

I am currently a full-time student and also working part-time to aid this, I received a parking fine and sent a cheque to the local council and considered it dealt with until I recently received a letter saying that the fine had not been paid and therefore they would be dealing with my employer and taking the money from my pay; something that didn't bother me particularly and has happened before and all went well. Anyhow, it appears this hasn't happened either because I received the letter from Philips saying that they were going to send bailiff's to my property (I live with my parents and have no assets other than a brimming wardrobe!)

Where exactly do I stand with this? I have contacted Philips and asked for the case to be referred back to the court if this is possible.. I'm just wondering if anyone's had a similar issue and if so, how was it reconciled? Philips have added their own 50.00 charge and I'm not paying it on top of the 85.00 fine but would be happy to just clear it with the council since it is after all, them who I owe the money to.

Any info would be great, I'm pretty shook up about it all really!!

Many thanks,

L x

Sorry to hear about your problems, i would suggest that you inform Philips again that you have paid this fine and you will be disputing the debt, they should send it back to there client.

Try and start your own thread on here, you will receive more of a response, in any event here are some contact details that may assist you:

Philips Collection Services Ltd

PO Box 152

Darlington

DL3 9WT

Phone: 01325 387 400

Fax: 01325 383 887

Email: [email protected]

Link: www.philips.org.uk

Office of Fair Trading contact details:

Philips Collection Services Limited - Licence Number 0491286

[email protected]

You could also make your local MP aware of your situation:

www.theyworkforyou.com

Hope you get things sorted, keep us informed.

The retailers worst nightmare !