Triton credit services re natwest credit card

devonboy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4482 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi tigerlilly, what you need to understand is, Triton are NOT a debt recovery company,your account has not been sold or assigned. Your account, because it went into default has been passed to Natwests inhouse recovery department . You are still dealing with Natwest. They use this as a way to frighten you into paying more then you can afford.

Debs

I have a few comments to make on this thread. After working for Triton Credit Services for over a year now I do tend to hear 1 in every 3 calls somebody say "I've read up about your company and you should see what people say" - This is me doing this now...

A lot of you seem to not be understanding the basic point of the reason why your account is being dealt with by Triton, the INHOUSE recoveries agency for the bank: YOU mismanaged your account, not us. We don't try to hide the fact of we are a branch of the bank to "Scare you into paying more than you can afford" - That is total crap. It is within our guidelines that we legally cannot make you pay more than you can afford, hence why we always go through what is called an I&E form (Income & Expenditure).

Your account will only come to Triton if you've not come to any sort of agreement with the COLLECTIONS branch of the bank, or if your loan has defaulted more than twice. It's a very difficult procedure to get there in the first place, some serious account mismanagement. The first thing we always do if you advise us that you would struggle to make the repayments is to seek advise from the CAB, as posted by Woodhatch. The previous post by Woodhatch I compound as obsolete, Triton do not add "Costs and surcharges" once the account reaches recoveries, which because people are so ignorant of their problems, don't realise this is BENEFICIAL TO YOU - wheres the appreciation? Charges STOP ALTOGETHER, but interest will still accrue which is rightly due with the contract you signed for whichever product/service you obtained.

Debbbbsy (Edit). We don't threaten legal action, we advise if no repayment can be arranged it will be passed of for further action, as these people may be more liable in accepting a £1 a month offer. Again, beneficial to you but you get angry because you dont accept its your fault.

We don't work from a script, but under guidelines set by the FSA. I do recommend if you are searching for your rights in these cases you make sure it's water tight because a lot of the advise given on here is all chopped and broken, and you will look a prat by saying "I know my rights... blah, blah, blah" because frankly everything we do we do LEGALLY.

I wish people would just accept that you are in this situation on your own accord, if you could manage your own accounts then you wouldn't have us phoning you recovering a debt.

Edited by maroondevo52
Removed unsuitable comment

Oh dear , michaelangelos. You have really proved exactly what everyone has said is wrong with your company. Take time to remove your head from your back end, quit insulting Debbbbsy and try to use your brain for what it was intended.

I was made redundant and in a recession have not been able to find work. Was that my fault? Or Debbbbsy;s? How would you know? have you looked at the case file for each of us? Money mismanagement is always the sole cause of financial issues. But idiots like you fail to see that. Just like the government and people who have never been in the situation where you need to ask for help, you go into denial. It is, according to you, always our fault.:eek:

What a pompous t**t you have proved yourself to be.

Incidentally, TBS continually denied receibving any correspondence from me or CAB and the moment they received the paperwork by fax they immediately passed my account to the idiots like yourself at Triton. And guess what?? they continued to deny they had received any communications from me or CAB, even though I had the recorded post signatures and had confirmed receipt of faxes by phone.

Thankfully, the people on here are looking for help and there is always someone to offer them help in their troubled times. You, michaelangelos. are not one of them and if you are so blinkered as to think you are Mr Perfect, then I look forward to the day you take out a loan and lose your job two weeks later. I am sure I speak for the majority when I say your comments are wholly offensive and not welcome.

Does show you for what you really are though:mad:

YOU mismanaged your account, not us

You are only able to deal with the information available to you on the screen in front of you. You have absolutely no background knowledge whatsoever regarding these accounts that you are chasing. I got a demand for payment from Triton for £21,865.28 on the 19th May 2009 for a "Flexible Term Loan-CAP&INT" account. The girl I spoke to at Triton told me, catagorically that this was a Loan I had taken out on the 17th march 1997. If I didn't make a payment they would start legal proceedings. What the system didn't tell her was that this is a "Transitioned" account, a current account that is converted into a loan account without the customers knowledege or consent, so that the RBS can artificially inflate its balance sheet & make itself appear more profitable than it really is. What she also didn't realise was that this account had already been litigated on in Feb 1999, the balance at the time was £3676.30. So thats approx £18188.98 of interest on an account that should have been frozen, Post judgment interest CANNOT be applied to a current account.

And to further compound Tritons problem, the RBS had told the Sunday Times, that the interest accruing was only for Internal accounting purposes.

www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article5299156.ece

You are a pathetic little person, a tiny & insignificant part of a huge Financial Institution, who really has no idea what is going on. Crawl back under your stone.

Debbie Birch

• Haha 1

I now know the type of people that Triton employ. Obviously, not particularly intelligent or articulate.

michaelangelos is in desperate need of retraining by his employers.

devonboy, don't take this fools words too seriously, even on a forum they are trying to bully you!

They DO work from a script and if they are pushed away from it they struggle.

Most of you will know that I am Debbies husband. (I'm also in the Times article).

If Triton are always correct and work LEGALY as michaelangelo so confidently informs us, why, when they are told by Debbie that they have their facts wrong do they run away with thier tails between their legs? Maybe it was you michaelangelos that Debbie made to look like an idiot on the phone and you arejust trying to get a bit of revenge.

In our case it has nothing to do with US missmanaging our account, it's ALL down to RBS missmanging our account (and this is very likley to have happened to many many other people)

michaelangelos, I am pleased that you have posted and have at least revealed where you work. There are likely to be many so called CAGers who are posting incognito. But you really have made yourself look foolish.

Duncan

Edited by DandD
spelling

I had another demand from Triton today dated 24th Feb. I know they received my cca request on 15th Feb, though they did mess royal mail around for quite a few days by redirecting it, it was finally signed for but the person did not print their name and just made a squiggle for a signaturelink3.gif.

The question now is should I send a reply to the letter I received today or should I wait a couple of days and send a (failure to provide a cca letter)?:rolleyes:

What would you guys do?:-)

trition have sent a letter demanding £2200 but said on the phone if i paid £1650 the debt would be cleared. Or i can pay £320 a month, what should i do?

Hi ollieweb, welcome to cag.

At the top of the page,left side,use the Post Thread to start your own thread. Give us some background, no personal details.

Is it a Loan or overdraft?

Debs

Ok here's the latest!

cca deadline tomorrow.

Got a supposed copy of my cca from NW today, it is just a jumble of photo copy's of some credit agreement rashly put together and some of the font on two of the sections doesn't match the rest, my signaturelink3.gif is nowhere to be seen, not even a section that asks for a signaturelink3.gif.

Should I accept this as a true copy of my cca?

THE SCAREY BIT!

As well as a cover letter there is also a letter from the head of card management, it is not dated but details my current address details:

"I am pleased to enclose your new credit card". (No card included).

"Your card is not valid until the date shown so please keep it in a safe place". (There is no date).

The letter goes on about how to use the card, and is accompanied by a copy of a new credit agreement.

I am worried that this means they have re-activated the card and will start charging interestlink3.gif again.

What do I do now!:shock:

• 2 months later...

I had a letter from them yesterday on my RBS account. I missed 2 payments and then the whole account was terminated. I had an arrangement with them but they even went ahead with that. When I called them all I got was a "Hello. I asked if this was McDonalds. The guy said "no" I said " well maybe you should answer saying you are Triton next time" and put the phone down

Morons.. It's welcome all over again!

HI,

Well, I have recieved my credit agreement from RBS, it has 2 signatures on it that do not match, although I think they are mine, too hard to prove not, the credit agreement although is faint, you can hardly see it, but the signatures are bold!!! hmmm Since my last post, Triton have now passed this on to debt collecters, AIG I believe they are constantly hounding me, by phone and post, they are very threatening, next step by them is apparently attatchment of earnings, so, im now paying!!

#Had it have not taken RBS 6 MONTHS to send me my agreement then I wouldn't now be in this mess........... distraught is not the word.

:-(

Bizniz

• 4 months later...

Hi there,

Thanks for all the advice on his forum, i thought i was alone! I realise this issue has not been discussed for a little while but here goes. I left University last July and when I left Uni i changed my bank address from my University address to the family home address where i was moving back to. I then worked abroad from summer until Christmas. When i got back home i started getting calls in Jan/Feb time asking to make regular payments into RBS account. I often made payments but not as regular as i should have done perhaps. I then get a phone call 2/3 weeks ago from Triton saying my account had been passed to them and i'd received a default notice! I then went into my RBS branch to check my address and it hadn't been updated since Uni and so i wasn't receiving any letters, including the default notice. Triton wanted me to pay £1,000 immediately and I told them to ring me in a month and in the meantime i'll pay them £50. After checking my credit report with Experian i've noticed my RBS account isn't even registered on there whereas i have another bank account on there and a couple of store cards (which haven't been used) and there is no notice of default anywhere. Question is- should i pay off this 'debt' even thought a 'satisfied default' is still a default, should i dispute the default as RBS didn't update my address or ignore Triton as the account isn't even on my Experian credit file?

Any advice would be much appreciated, hard times for everyone at the minute, banks being extra aggressive and no jobs= nightmare.

Hi Erson,

You should begin by making an 'Official Complaint' direct to RBS(You'll find the address on there website). Explain that you did give them your new address, and have been making payments. It is therefore the banks fault that you were not aware that these payments were not sufficient, and the demands from Triton are "Unfair". Triton staff will not tell you that they are infact the inhouse recovery department of RBS, they hide behind the guise of a debt collection agency inorder to submit undue pressure onorder to get more money.

Debs

Thanks for your help Debs, I was going to write to Triton first but will speak to RBS instead. Yes Triton didn't mention that they were part of RBS and when i went into the branch RBS were very quick to say its not our problem anymore saying it had been passed onto a seperate collections agency.

Will let you know how I get on. What do you think regarding the fact that my RBS account isn't registered on my credit file?

Thanks

• 2 months later...

Hi all, well I've enjoyed reading all your posts on triton very intresting information,ok well I totally agree with everyone and am in the same boat I owe 8grand to rbs and now triton are dealing with it however I phoned them today and they were really cool with me and excepted my offer of 50 quid a month obviously for 6 months with a review to which I will just up it a bit, I know how to deal with these kinds of people and the law etc so I was ready for a fight lol but no they were cool, I am still going to seek advice from cab just to get proper backing if anything goes pear shaped. So guys thanks for letting me read your posts keep em coming

Yes its been frozen the nice lady mentioned that. I mean its a weight off my mind now and I can carry on without worrying if only for 6 months then we will see but in meantime I'm working getting together an early settlement which would slash the debt in half

Yes its been frozen the nice lady mentioned that. I mean its a weight off my mind now and I can carry on without worrying if only for 6 months then we will see but in meantime I'm working getting together an early settlement which would slash the debt in half

If you're thinking of a settement, then it needs to be F&F and in writing;.... not a part settlement, otherwise someone else will crawl out of the woodwork somewhere down the track and want the rest.

• 1 year later...
Trouble is those Triton letters are just

automatically chucked out at the slightest

error.

CCA is a good idea.

Hi guys, just a quick question about CCAs in general:

do DJs / courts still regard a 'true' copy of an agreement one that is a COPY of the actual/true original agreement signed by the customer or will a 'reconstituted' or basic CCA WITHOUT a signature be accepted by them? as I have recently seen a number of posts on CAG that point to the latter being the case.

Any answers would be much appreciated.

Rgds.

radmm0

Hi guys, just a quick question about CCAs in general:

do DJs / courts still regard a 'true' copy of an agreement one that is a COPY of the actual/true original agreement signed by the customer or will a 'reconstituted' or basic CCA WITHOUT a signature be accepted by them? as I have recently seen a number of posts on CAG that point to the latter being the case.

Any answers would be much appreciated.

Rgds.

radmm0

On pre April 2007 a copy of the agreement must

be produced in court.

The resurgence of the original principal in English

Civil Law the matters are judged on the ''balance of probabilities''

means that a recon can if properly laid out fulfill the requirements

of section 77/78 of the CCA '74, thus given an accurate recon

plus evidence of use of the credit facility (traceable statements showing use and payments)

or a signed App form then it's likely that it would be judged enforceable.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

On pre April 2007 a copy of the agreement must

be produced in court.

The resurgence of the original principal in English

Civil Law the matters are judged on the ''balance of probabilities''

means that a recon can if properly laid out fulfill the requirements

of section 77/78 of the CCA '74, thus given an accurate recon

plus evidence of use of the credit facility (traceable statements showing use and payments)

or a signed App form then it's likely that it would be judged enforceable.

Thanks for the quick response. What is the significance of the pre April 2007 agreements?

radmm0