RMA - telephone harassment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5928 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Folks - at 8.00am every morning for the last 2 weeks my wife has had a telephone call on her mobile phone from a company called RMA

"this is a very urgent call from RMA, please can XX XXXXXX call us back on this number as soon as she gets this message"

My wife calls them back but they can't identify her and they do not have any record of her - she tells them not to call and the next day the same thing happens - only ever on her mobile phone and never a letter.

I am guessing that this is a DCA who only have her mobile phone as a contact number - we moved house 6 months ago and they obviously have no record of our new address.

any suggestions?

Shold we hit them with the stop harassing us letter?

First NEVER talk to these "people" on the phone as they will try and get you to agree to anything.

Obviously you do not wish to give them your new address so at the minute writing to them to tell them to stop phoning is out of the question.

As you know its them who ring each morning at 8-00am I would switch off the answerphone service and when you see their number appear just press the reject button or put the phone on silent at let it appear to them to be ringing.

Thanks,

having done a bit of digging on this site it looks like RMA are a DCA used by Barclaycard. I am suprised that they have contacted us because we have been paying off that account through Mercers and are up to date with our payments.

Having read previous threads RMA look like a bunch of chancers who ignore CCA requests. I suggest that they are 'trying this on' as Mercers and Barclaycard both have our current address and phone number.

We will continue to ignore them

I would also suggest logging all calls in case you decide to make a complaint at a later date. As ODC says, i certainly wouldn't give them your address. The less info they have the better!!

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

Hi scooters,

You say she is being hassled on her mobile by these empty headed burger boys? Can I just ask what make and model of mobile she has?

The reason I ask is because, I have a Sony Ericsson K800i and they have a couple of cools features on.

1. When you are on a call you can record the call and and it saves directly to the phones memory or memory card. This can be played back later. Using this feature activates a small beep which can also be turned off so the numpty dumpty at the other end doesn`t know he/she or it are being recorded. First answer the call, disable tone then record.

2. They also have a feature of only accepting calls from numbers stored in the phonebook. So, say you have 36 names and numbers stored in the mobile. You tick each one you want to accept calls from and the phone will ring if the caller is on your list. Any other broken brained baboon`s backsides and it goes straight to VoiceMail. However, should this happen you could disable your VoiceMail.

Hope this helps.

Regards

N.P

• Haha 1

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

It moves on -

RMA are now calling 2/3 times a day and giving us the "we don't send letters" line

- a letter from them turned up this morning - just mentios that they have sent us a default (we haven't seen one) and that they demand immediate payment.

I'm going to hit them with the CCA request and a telephone harrassment letter

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All.

I am having problems with RMA. I have an ongoing complaint with Barclays. I closed an account back in 1998 and now chasing me for overdraft fees. Don't know how as closed in 1998.

Anyway i have been recieving a lot of calls from RMA and have told them that Barclays are investigating my compalint ans they should talk to them as to where they are with it not me as i will not be paying anything untill its sorted. Got a mouthful of jargon from them but told them to talk to Barclays.

Recently i recieved a postcard form RMA stating that someone will be turning up at my home on Thursday between 8am - 8pm and if inconvenient to ring. As this day was not inconvinient for me i waited in all day. At 19.15 hoyrs i rang RMA asking where this person was as i would like to explain where i am with Barclays as i had the paper work out and a plate of nice biscuits for my visitor. I was told noone was turning up and it was just away for me to ring them and discuss. I asked to speak to the manager on duty and he informed me that he could cancel the person turning up. I said no as i ahve waited in all day and i still have 45 mins for him to turn up and he may want a cuppa after ahard days graft. He said he wont turn up as he just cancelled it. I then asked who will be re embersing me with a loss of a days wages becuase no one turned up. Oh the phone went dead. I did enjot the buscuits tho.

I rang RMA next day and asked if i could speak to R McCormack, was informed he does not work on phones, phone went dead again. I rang back asking if i could complian about the phone being put down on me and if R.McCormack if he existed could contact me. Person on other end said no. Anyone have any ideas where i stand? Please help.

Hi Scooters,

Your RMA problem sounds suspiciously like mine, which is also tied up with Barclays. I started being hassled by them in November and didn't know why. The I discovered that Barclays were claiming they'd sent me a default notice which I'd ignored, so they had passed my account to RMA. This was for a Mastercard, but I had been keeping up payments for 10 years and hadn't defaulted. The same thing occurred with the Barclaycard. They claimed I'd defaulted and passed it to Calders, which belongs to Mercers which are Barclays by another name. I never received any default notices, and am in the process of dealing with the whole thing.If you want to read about it, my thread is

Payment demand out of the blue. Help Please!

I've been given lots of really helpful advise by others on this forum and I'm sure you'll get the same. The most important thing to start with is never to speak to these people on the phone, no matter how tempted you feel.

RMA are very slippery characters, but there is strength in numbers here and we can all help one another to defeat these tinpot dictators.;)

All the Best, Patma

Hi All.

I am having problems with RMA. I have an ongoing complaint with Barclays. I closed an account back in 1998 and now chasing me for overdraft fees. Don't know how as closed in 1998.

Anyway i have been recieving a lot of calls from RMA and have told them that Barclays are investigating my compalint ans they should talk to them as to where they are with it not me as i will not be paying anything untill its sorted. Got a mouthful of jargon from them but told them to talk to Barclays.

Recently i recieved a postcard form RMA stating that someone will be turning up at my home on Thursday between 8am - 8pm and if inconvenient to ring. As this day was not inconvinient for me i waited in all day. At 19.15 hoyrs i rang RMA asking where this person was as i would like to explain where i am with Barclays as i had the paper work out and a plate of nice biscuits for my visitor. I was told noone was turning up and it was just away for me to ring them and discuss. I asked to speak to the manager on duty and he informed me that he could cancel the person turning up. I said no as i ahve waited in all day and i still have 45 mins for him to turn up and he may want a cuppa after ahard days graft. He said he wont turn up as he just cancelled it. I then asked who will be re embersing me with a loss of a days wages becuase no one turned up. Oh the phone went dead. I did enjot the buscuits tho.

I rang RMA next day and asked if i could speak to R McCormack, was informed he does not work on phones, phone went dead again. I rang back asking if i could complian about the phone being put down on me and if R.McCormack if he existed could contact me. Person on other end said no. Anyone have any ideas where i stand? Please help.

cheers Patma

Wayne

don't speak to them on the phone at all - do everything in writing. Before you say anything to them in writing or verbally consider this -

the debt is 10 years old if you have had no dealings with Barclays on the subject fot eh last 6 years (4 in Scotland ) then they lose the right to collect the debt.

have a look around this forum for more advise

the debt is 10 years old if you have had no dealings with Barclays on the subject fot eh last 6 years (4 in Scotland ) then they lose the right to collect the debt.

have a look around this forum for more advise

Its actually 5 years in Scotland