Robinson Way/Horwich Farrelly

rwhfboc
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6006 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Just thought (as suggested) I will introduce myself. So Hi. :)

I like many others (from what I can see on the Forum) have been battling RW and HF (although I'm sure they are one and the same) for a number of years now. Today I came into some money and have paid off big debts in full to Blair Oliver Scott but did not have quite enough left to pay off HF/RW, but according to them, because I SAID I was going to pay them off, and haven't been able to I'm now in ARREARS to the tune of £965.00 and according to the Troll on the phone, will remain so until it's fully paid (that is all I owe BTW) The ignoramus at the other end of the phone said that I could not go back to monthly instalments because I'd said I was going to pay it off, I explained that I didn't quite have enough, but the idiot just kept saying there was nothing she could do. I don't have a problem paying double what I was before but how can I get my instalment plan reinstated? Any suggestions/letters I could write in my defence? Thanks and great forum btw. :)

Hi rwhfboc and welcome to CAG.

I will move your post to the Debt Collection Forum where you will receive plenty of advice on your situation.

RW are legally obliged to accept any reasonable offer you make to pay by instalments. They can not decline your proposal for paying by instalments no matter what one of their staff might state over the phone. I would put your proposal in writing and enclose the first payment with it.

Are there any charges on the account that you could claim back? Have you requested a copy of the credit agreement?

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hi Rory32.

Thanks for that info and the welcome. I made a payment of £200 today, and when she'd taken the payment she then told me I was £965 in arrears.

There are no claimable charges unfortunately. I have no credit agreement and have asked for Statements on numerous occasions and never had any.

My Bank, the Halifax, took £39.00 off me the other day though, because a Direct Debit went out two days early. I'll move onto bank charges once I've sorted HF/RW out. ;)

There are no claimable charges unfortunately.

That seems odd as it's been passed to a DCA. Nearly always this means that there are some sort of charges on the account either before or after the account is transfered.

What type of account is it?

I made a payment of £200 today
Which I assume they accepted, which means that they have just accepted that you pay by installments. As previously stated legally they have to accept installments unless a judge has granted them a judgement stating that you must pay the full amount immediately - even then you could apply to pay by installments.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Re: Charges. I owed a debt to the CC Co. I couldn't pay, it was passed to RW, the amount didn't change and I carried on paying in interest free instalments.

That really is it. I wish there were some charges then I could claim them :D

Re: Todays Payments. Yes they accepted it, so I will pursue them to accept my instalments from now on. I'll let you know how I get on. Thanks again. :)

They're playing games with you. They're known for it.

Have you not thought about asking them for a full and final settlement amount? Usually they can be quite generous in this respect and sometimes go as high as 75% and that said, 50% is not unusual for them...

The next thing to note is that they're not to be trusted with telephone conversations as far as you could throw their general manager. It's in writing all the way with these people, even though I personally look forward to calling them and winding them up in knots...

Have a read of my own RW&C thread for an indication of what you're up against...!!:rolleyes:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/71386-diskmandave-robinson-way-co.html

Good luck with it, Dave.

Re: Charges. I owed a debt to the CC Co. I couldn't pay, it was passed to RW, the amount didn't change and I carried on paying in interest free instalments.

I'd be suprised if the CC company haven't charged you for late payments.

They're playing games with you. They're known for it.

Have you not thought about asking them for a full and final settlement amount? Usually they can be quite generous in this respect and sometimes go as high as 75% and that said, 50% is not unusual for them...

Good luck with it, Dave.

Hi Dave

The FF&S was £1165.71, BUT I was unable to meet that as I had just paid a total of £10,550 to Blair,Oliver&Scott this also was FF&S. In 2005 I owed a total of £44,000 I now owe £965 to HF/RW.

I have sent them an email requesting my instalment plan to be reinstated (using a consumeractiongroup email address I purchased earlier)

Will keep the board posted on the outcome.

Thanks for all your advice, now tis time for bed :rolleyes:

Hi Rory32.

Thanks for that info and the welcome. I made a payment of £200 today, and when she'd taken the payment she then told me I was £965 in arrears.

There are no claimable charges unfortunately. I have no credit agreement and have asked for Statements on numerous occasions and never had any.

I'm unsure about this. What do you mean by saying there are no claimable charges? You've never seen a statement - so how do you know? If I were you I'd be wanting a statement of my account in order to ensure that you pay all and only what you owe.

As rory says- it is likely that charges have been added - and I'd want to know about those before I continued payment.

Any help and advice is offered in good faith, based solely on my own knowledge and on experience gathered from this site. I am not qualified to offer legal or financial advice, which you should seek from an expert before making any important decisions. My opinions are therefore offered without liability.

If I've been helpful, please click my scales. :-)