Debt Action Group update at Wikipedia

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6020 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Lot's of things happening over the weekend...! :D

Latest news is, that i've now started my editorial career on Wikipedia.. I'm also hoping that this development will aid me to give debt advise to a much broader audience... ;)

I've started my Wiki career by updating the CAG Wiki page...

Consumer Action Group - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

My own contribution is just a short paragraph for now...

There also exists within the Consumer Action Group, or as recent changes have seen, The Consumer Forums, a highly successful and striving sub-section, namely, the Debt Action Group. This sub-section has extremely well known activists and Site Helpers such as, "diskmandave", "curlyben", "rory32", "pt2537", "tomterm8". It is the prime aim of this sub-section to give help and advise as to dealing with debt collection agencies whom are largely unregulated within UK financial law. This sub-section has been extremely successful in defending many actions by creditors where in the past would have gone by un-noticed and un-defended because of pure ignorance of the law.
I'm hoping that my current research of the Public Order Act 1986 can soon be incorporated within my work.

Regards and best wishes, Dave.

• Haha 1

This looks fantastic!! Good luck.

Newborn

Beaten:

RBS: £4,500

AMEX: £4,200

Barclaycard Visa: £12,100

Barclaycard M/Card: £12,600

(Including the numerous DCAs they have set on me.)

PPI reclaims (into my bank account): £25,000

Site Helpers such as, "diskmandave", "curlyben", "rory32", "pt2537", "tomterm8

I've just been demoted :p

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Blimey Dave

Admittedly I would of added that DAG strives to ensure that collection activities by these companies complies with statute law and OFT collection guidelines.

Noted and updated... :-)

There also exists within the Consumer Action Group, or as recent changes have seen, The Consumer Forums, a highly successful and striving sub-section, namely, the Debt Action Group. This sub-section has extremely well known activists and Site Helpers such as, "diskmandave", "curlyben", "rory32", "pt2537", "tomterm8". It is the prime aim of this sub-section to give help and advise as to dealing with debt collection agencies whom are largely unregulated within UK financial law. This sub-section has been extremely successful in defending many actions by creditors where in the past would have gone by un-noticed and un-defended because of pure ignorance of the law.

The Debt Action Group also strives to ensure that collection activities by debt collection agencies complies with UK Statute Law and the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidelines.

Consumer Action Group - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Regards, Dave.

In the coming weeks, January to March being prime time for major debt problems, i'm hoping to be starting my own sections in Wikipedia. I already own my own private debt archive resource..

In the essence and spirit of the Consumer Forums, i'll be aiming at a completely free service. My current research being, the Public Order Act and Debt Collection Agencies letters..

For now, best regards, Dave.

Thought suddenly occurs, don't let some sneaky DCA edit the entry. This is after all the whole point of Wiki, the ability for 3rd parties to put their oar in!

Newborn

Beaten:

RBS: £4,500

AMEX: £4,200

Barclaycard Visa: £12,100

Barclaycard M/Card: £12,600

(Including the numerous DCAs they have set on me.)

PPI reclaims (into my bank account): £25,000

Yes - that's my general worry with Wikipedia, Newborn - you can never be sure just who's edited it last.

Personally I never trust it.

Any help and advice is offered in good faith, based solely on my own knowledge and on experience gathered from this site. I am not qualified to offer legal or financial advice, which you should seek from an expert before making any important decisions. My opinions are therefore offered without liability.

If I've been helpful, please click my scales. :-)

There also exists within the Consumer Action Group, or as recent changes have seen, The Consumer Forums, a highly successful and striving sub-section, namely, the Debt Action Group. This sub-section has extremely well known activists and Site Helpers such as, "diskmandave", "Curlyben", "rory32"[Moderator], "pt2537", "tomterm8". It is the prime aim of this sub-section to give help and advise as to dealing with debt collection agencies whom are largely unregulated within UK financial law. This sub-section has been extremely successful in defending many actions by creditors where in the past would have gone by un-noticed and un-defended because of pure ignorance of the law.

The Debt Action Group also strives to ensure that collection activities by debt collection agencies complies with UK Statute Law and the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidelines. Last edited by Diskmandave...

Consumer Action Group - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia :)

LOL

Don't tempt me

;)

Any help and advice is offered in good faith, based solely on my own knowledge and on experience gathered from this site. I am not qualified to offer legal or financial advice, which you should seek from an expert before making any important decisions. My opinions are therefore offered without liability.

And - Dave - please note: advice is a noun, advise is a verb.

Thought suddenly occurs, don't let some sneaky DCA edit the entry. This is after all the whole point of Wiki, the ability for 3rd parties to put their oar in!

Newborn

It's always a danger with Wikipedia.

You will need to keep to a regular check to make sure some joker hasn't decided to F about with it, or attempt to name names etc.

Unfortunately, it does happen.

Somebody wrote in the late Ronnie Hazlehurst's entry that he wrote "Reach for the Stars" for SClub7, which was complete nonsense - someone's idea of a joke. However, it was allegedly read out as part of Ronnie's obituary on the Beeb.

How incredibly embarrassing.

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)