Blackhorse for a secured loan. - POC for PPI - Do we have any?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4599 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello pinknico,

Hey AA you are getting quicker:lol:

This is the thread I was referring to regarding info on the enforcebility of credit agreement. I will have to read the one AA posted up :-D

Read from page 5 onwards for the info relating to ppi on agreements

Agreement Enforceability

See if this helps your understanding:-D

Thanks HHNF that is the one I am after!:-D

Any opinion I give is my own and given without

any liability.

• 2 months later...

what line do you take if what you are claiming is that they sold you the policy. you thought the cost of the policy was say £2000 and they in fact took say 60% of the sum as a fee/commission?

what line do you take if what you are claiming is that they sold you the policy. you thought the cost of the policy was say £2000 and they in fact took say 60% of the sum as a fee/commission?

Mocca, have a look at the following links they might offer some advice for you. :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/payment-protection-insurance-ppi/170647-secret-commisions.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mortgages-secured-loans/155866-g-e-money-secret.html?highlight=Secret+commission

Edited by citizenB

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi

I've copied my POC which i drafted using the above thread for a credit card ppi claim versus Egg as well as Egg's defense.

It looks like the argument for Conditional Sale Agreement+ Credit charge does not stand for credit cards and only for loans??

Can someone have a look at my POC, point 5(b)ii, as well as Egg's defense, in that respect:confused:

1)do i need to amend my claim? what shall i do?

2)does anybody have a copy of Consumer Credit (Agreements) Regulations SI 1983/1553?

Particulars of Claim

1- The defendant's company is an online bank.

2- The Claimant had a credit agreement with the defendant which was opened around XXXX.

3- The Claimant's credit card account has been debited with payment protection insurance premiums without his knowledge and consent.

4- The insurance was mis-sold.

5- The Claimant contends that:

a) The Insurance imposed upon the Claimant were neither defined nor explained, nor alternatives from other suppliers suggested.

b) The Claimant further contends that if the Insurance was applied correctly, that the Agreement was not executed in accordance with the Consumer Credit Act 1974;

i) As the Insurance was in fact a charge for credit on the Conditional Sale Agreement, it could not also be part of the credit on the additional insurances agreement as under section 9 (4) CCA credit charges cannot be treated as credit even where time is given for their payments

ii) If the Insurance was not a charge for credit in respect of the Conditional Sale Agreement, as it was compulsory, it was a charge for credit on the additional insurances and under section 9 (4) CCA credit charges cannot be treated as credit

iii) For the reasons stated in either (i) or (ii) above, the agreement for additional insurances failed to state the correct amount of credit and did not comply with paragraph 2, schedule 6, which requires that regulated agreements contain as a prescribed term stating the correct amount of credit

iv) The agreement for additional insurances was therefore improperly executed under section 61 (1)(a) of the CCA.

6- The Claimant claims:

i) Compound interest on the charges applied thereon to the Claimant’s account (“the principal claim”), at the annual rate of XXX %. This is the rate applied by the Defendant to the Claimant’s unauthorised use or borrowing of the Defendant’s monies, as provided for in the contract. The Claimant’s case for claiming this rate is based in equity, and a legal requirement for fairness and balance.

ii) In the alternative to i), if the Court is unable to agree that the claimant is entitled to the contractual rates of interest, on the grounds stated, the Claimant avers that the defendant would be unjustly enriched if the Claimant’s entitlement was limited to the statutory rate of interest in that the defendant has had use of the sums and would have used these sums to re-lend at commercially compounded rates. On these grounds the Claimant seeks restitution of the compounded contractual interest at the defendant’s authorised borrowing rate of XXX % per annum.

iii) In the alternative to i) and ii), if the Court finds that the Claimant is not entitled to contractual interest, the Claimant claims interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984.

7- SCHEDULE OF CLAIM FOR CHARGES

PERIOD: [XXXXX] TO [XXXXX]

Eggs Defense:

-"As to paragraph 5(b) above it is denied, if the same be alleged, that the optional PPI policy was required by the terms of the regulated Agreement which constituted the claimant's account with the Defendant. As to paragraph 5(b)i it is denied that the PPI policy constituted a charge for credit, the PPI policy was not compulsory, it was optional. It is denied that the agreement between the claimant and the Defendant is a conditional Sale Agreement as alleged. Paragraph 5(b)ii is denied. It is presumed that the reference in paragraph 5(b)iii to Paragraph 2,Schedule 6 is a reference to Consumer Credit (Agreements) Regulations SI 1983/1553. It is denied that the paragraph referred to, which relates to fixed-sum credit, is of any relevance to this matter. Paragraph 5(b) iv is accordingly denied. The defendant reserves the right to serve an amended Defense addressing this issue in the event that is revised"

Tks Super

2)does anybody have a copy of Consumer Credit (Agreements) Regulations SI 1983/1553?

You will probably find it on one of the posts in the following thread :)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/statutes-library/27535-consumer-credit-act-1974-a.html

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Your POC looks a bit messed up, only use a POC from a sticky and check any legislation your self before using it.

You have shot yourself in the foot with point 3 by then going on to claim the contract was improperly drafted.

No problem if there is in fact a prescribed term missing.

Take a look at the Misrepresentation Act 1967, this puts the requirement of proof on to the defendent.

Something like, 'I say I did not consent to PPI as you misrepresented the facts at the time the agreement was being discussed by failing to inform me that PPI was available from another source'.

Clarifying the above prima fascia caveat emptor applies to the Misrepresentation Act 1967, however your credit card company were acting as insurance agents when selling the PPI and therefore were negligent in their duty by not telling you that PPI could be obtained from another supplier.

A newbie, only offering general commentary.

Get stuck contact the site team.

If you do not get a reply within 48 hours send a PM, with a link to the relevant thread, to any Site Team Member.

Edited by Captain Rex

If you do not get a reply within 48 hours send a PM, with a link to the relevant thread, to any Site Team Member.

Well they should have credited the loan balance with the remaining amount of the PPI that you had not yet paid. Sounds not quite right, but you need to check your statements.

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

• 1 year later...

just bumping this as it could be useful in the coming months :)

BCOBS

• 10 months later...
hi there i need urgent advice i am victim online banking fraud. I dont know where to post my request for advice. My bank said they will look into matter need urgent advice

Start a thread of your own in the appropriate section in the following,

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?3-Bank-and-Finance-Subforums

and good luck.

• 2 weeks later...
  • dx100uk changed the title to Blackhorse for a secured loan. - POC for PPI - Do we have any?