Finance Agreements

postggj
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5931 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

quick comment

if an agreement does not contain all the prescribed terms, a creditor cannot enforce the agreement.

if it goes to court what are the chances of a judge making it enforceble where its the creditors cock up

If there is no CCA and the judge agrees there is a debt, surely they cannot include interest and charges in the debt as only the basic debt, sum borrowed, would be the debt enforceable if you can understand what I am trying to say.

check my halifax no cca thread

they have addmitted they have no cca

my agreements ref welcome finance do not contain the prescribed terms and have not been filled out properly, plus using wilson case

what is the likely outcome

worried court might enforce the not properly executed agreement

waiting for court date with welcome

• 4 weeks later...

I Was Accepted For A Capital 1 Card, I Must Say The Intrest Was 29.9%

Six Months Ago They Put It Up To 35%

The Credit Limit Was £200

My Point Being Is I Have Had This Card For 1.5 Years And The Credit Limit Has Never Gone Up.

The Only Reason I Use This Card Is The Positive Markers With The Cra As I Have Never Missed A Payment

I Have 2 Defaults Outstanding Which Is Going Through The Courts To Be Removed, Do You Think This Is The Reason For No Increase

I Am Now Very Careful With Money Now As I Have Learned My Lesson And Would Be Good 2 Know If My Credit Standing Has Improved And When The Credit Limit Increases Will The Apr Reduce

Hi Post,

I got a capital one card for improving my credit rating too, they told me they would increase credit limit after 4 monthly payments, I have made 3 so not sure if they will or not yet.

Are you making the minimum payment only? Your balance never really goes down with min payments so that could be why they are not increasing your credit limit.

its only £200, and pay in full each month

good to hear from you again

one more month and my dealings with welcome are over, mind you they are getting rather nasty

how are you getting on with them

pm me

My Point Being Is I Have Had This Card For 1.5 Years And The Credit Limit Has Never Gone Up.

I've had mine for 3 years and not seen an increase despite being told that the account is regularly reviewed. However, the SAR shows no sign of automated or manual review. Waiting for a response to my letter now.

The advice I give in relation to benefits should be viewed as general advice and not specific to your individual claim circumstances. I cannot give specific advice on your claim as I cannot access the claim.

If you find the advice useful please click on my scales.

postggj

I lived in Florida for 5 years and had a Capitol One card there. After 18 months they increased my APR from 12.8 to 35% for 2 LATE..not missed, payments, over a 12 month period. I cut the card up after settling the bill.

Simple.

Just~Me

Please dont think the picture is me.!!! I couldnt find one of myself so decided to use one of the wife. :):)

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

on wed i was involved with a very minor bump with a invalid scooter

the facts are i was revearsing out of my drive. i checked that it was clear, looking over my left shoulder started to revearse, very slowly i felt a slight bump and stopped.

when i got to the rear of my car there was an old lady on one of these scooters. thank god she was all right and no harm done. i did the right think and left my contact details and she rode off.

yesterday i got a phone call from the police asking about the accident. the copper just advised me to call my insurance company and take my insurance cirtificate to her.

what i would like to know is as there was no personel injury why did the warden at the sheltered accomodation call the police.

they are saying the steering rack is damaged.

when i drive on the road i have to have insurance, what is the legal position whith people driving these things on the highway

apparentl;y she has insurance but this is for theft as i believe

as the highway was clear when i reversed she must have been moveing at some speed or had stopped directly behind me. these things are so low down it would have been impossible to see through my rear mirror.

i am just glad no harm done but what are the legal postion involving these vehicles on the highway

It is legal to ride them either on the road or pavement.

From the Highway Code:

Remember although it is legal to ride all vehicles on the road, it is not always safe or sensible to do so. You are responsible for your own safety and that of other road users. The normal rules of the road apply - but modified.

Observe the law

Never drive against the traffic

Give way where cars would give way. Give way to pedestrians

Obey Traffic lights and all other road signs and signals and remember the car you can see when you look behind you is almost certainly moving faster then you, It could well be upon you before you complete your manoeuvre and it may not be able to stop in time.

Having said the above, there seems to be conflicting advice. This is from the law center at Exeter University:

Class 2: Scooters in this class are to be used on the pavement only and have a maximum speed of 4mph.

So you will need to have a look at the 'definative' regulations. I don't have time now.