eBay question

GlasweJen
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6005 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok so you may remember my problem with paypal refusing to allow me to use my account over 14p, the problem is ongoing (and may, unbelievably end up as a thread in the DAG section).

So I bought an item on ebay, guy seemed nice enough, I offered to pay by cheque explaining that my paypal account didn't want to work. Emailed him to say cheque was on route and posted it off.

Got an email to say cheque never recieved, so I cancelled first cheque and sent a second one.

2 days later got a really weird email, the man was claiming that he had been abducted by aliens (I kid you not) and that I wasn't to bother paying as the item was damaged during said abduction. I assumed that meant he was still waiting on payment but I didn't reply (well what would YOU say to that?)

Yesterday the buyer started a dispute over non-payment, fair enough if he genuinely never got either of the cheques (neither appear to be cashed) and I filled in the ebay form with the cheque number etc. Guy then responds accusing me of lying and saying that had I really paid I'd know which method I used.

To let you understand the form asked;

"which payment method did you use? 1. paypal, 2. cheque or postal order 3. other"

Obviously his form must say that i paid using cheque or postal order and that's why he thinks i'm lying, because the form wasn't specific enough for his liking.

Problem is I now don't know if i want to trade with this looney, I mean who emails someone claiming to have been abducted by aliens and starts shouting liar at innocent people when all I've done was answer the questions as well as I can.

Any posts submitted here on the Consumer Action Group under the user name GlasweJen may not necessarily be the view of the poster, CAG or indeed any normal person.

I've become addicted to green blobs (I have 2 now) so feel free to tip my scales if I ever make sense.;-)

Now he's accusing me of trying to ruin my own rating. I am really concerned - 2 of my cheques are floating about out there and he's not even entertaining the idea that it may be a problem with the address (my writing isn't great). I checked this guys rating and he has 100% good this year.

Any posts submitted here on the Consumer Action Group under the user name GlasweJen may not necessarily be the view of the poster, CAG or indeed any normal person.

I've become addicted to green blobs (I have 2 now) so feel free to tip my scales if I ever make sense.;-)

Thank god my feedback is only 99.3% that'll stop the aliens probing my ass :lol:

Sorry to say it but from my dealings ebay and paypal and andale and skype, who said "monopoly" are really self interested, but all you can do is send them the whole set of correspondence and neg the muppet.

All posts by myself are without prejudice and do not constitue legal advice, they are purely for the discussion of points of law and consumer rights.

I am however not affiliated in any way shape or form with any financial institution or parking company. And if i am elected I will make it mandatory that all persons posting on this forum make such a declaration just so we can all see who the trolls are :-)