Wibble dislikes Barclaycard...

wibble83
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5981 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there, I am pretty new to all of this and am after some general advice really...

At the moment I am being hounded by Barclaycard and their hired goons Mercers. I have requested a copy of the signed Credit Agreement from Barclaycard but they have only provided me with a copy of the application form. I have yet to follow this up with a letter. Furthermore I have recently had a delightful conversation with a less than pleasant lady at Mercers (after over 100 missed calls in a 3 week period). I eventually terminated the call after going round in circles and finding that while I was answering one question I was being asked another so was getting nowhere. I did manage to squeeze in that any further contact must be in writing. Anyway back to the point... Is there an ideal follow up letter to only receiving an application form and not a signed Credit Agreement? Or even one perhaps criticising the manner of whoever called me and/or the sheer volume of missed calls?

Further to the above has anyone else been down this route with Barclaycard? If so I would love to hear how you got on or are getting on...

Thanks for your time

Wibble

Hello and Welcome, Wibble.

There is a letter you can send them here.........

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/37006-harassment-telephone-response-letter.html

That should stop the calls. Sorry I'm not sure about a follow up letter, regarding the CCA. Hopefully someone will help you with that one.

If you start your own thread here.......

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclaycard/

People dealing with Barclaycard will help you out.

This thread may also interest you........

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/83035-guidelines-requests-original-agreement.html?highlight=no+cca+from+barclaycard

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi there, I am pretty new to all of this and am after some general advice really...

At the moment I am being hounded by Barclaycard and their hired goons Mercers. I have requested a copy of the signed Credit Agreement from Barclaycard but they have only provided me with a copy of the application form. I have yet to follow this up with a letter. Furthermore I have recently had a delightful conversation with a less than pleasant lady at Mercers (after over 100 missed calls in a 3 week period). I eventually terminated the call after going round in circles and finding that while I was answering one question I was being asked another so was getting nowhere. I did manage to squeeze in that any further contact must be in writing. Anyway back to the point... Is there an ideal follow up letter to only receiving an application form and not a signed Credit Agreement? Or even one perhaps criticising the manner of whoever called me and/or the sheer volume of missed calls?

Further to the above has anyone else been down this route with Barclaycard? If so I would love to hear how you got on or are getting on...

Thanks for your time

Wibble

Hi Wibble and welcome to the BC forum.

If they fail to produce the proper doc'ts isn response to your CCA request, the debt may be unenforceable.

A good case for you to look at is here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclaycard/121022-application-form.html

Have a thorough read and you should find some good inspiration. You can copy and use the letters from there, adapted for your own needs.

You have 2 choices really:-

1) to honour the debt and pay it off BUT reclaim from BC any unlawful charges they may have added to the a/c in the last 6 years.

2) to prove the debt is unenforceable and get the balance reduced to zero.

Slick

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Moved to Barclaycard forum for more assistance when required.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

• 1 month later...

Hello again,

I have followed up the previous with a new CCA request to Mercers on the 19th December 2007. Have yet to receive a response...

Until today. Mercers today have posted a card to me advising they will be attending my home address on the 31st January 2008 between 31 (yes they actually put 31 and no time). They have also called me at work today despite me never providing them or BC with my work number. Somehow they managed to get hold of my direct telephone number at work. However Barclays (whom I bank with) probably do have my work number... Is this legal? Are they able to obtain a work telephone number via a 3rd party and contact me on it?

Where do I go from here? They have failed to respond to my letter and have now decided to trace my work details and harass me by phone there.

Any ideas are most welcome.

Many Thanks

Wibble

Hi Wibble,

When you say "....a new CCA request to Mercers....", was this in addition to the one you sent to BC. Was a proper CCA request letter and fee sent off.

The Bank may have passed on your phone no. to Mercers which I think they are entitled to do. However, neither BC nor Mercers are entitled use the work or any other phone no. to harass you.

As they've failed to produce the necessary doc'ts in response to your CCA request, they are in breach of OFT Debt Collection Guidelines by continuing to seek payment and you should write to BC and Mercers pointing out :-

"You have failed to respond to my letters dated one and two within the required time. I am being harassed by Mercers on a regular basis including phone calls to my place of work.

This is in breach of OFT Debt Collection Guidelines, specifically Sections 2.6(a); 2.6(h); 2.6(j); 2.8(i) and 2.8(k). If this harassment continues, formal complaints will be made to the relevant authorities."

Further info is in the thread linked to in post #5 above. Read that for guidance too. You should also find the letter about harassment by phone which you should see - adapt it and use accordingly.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)