Parking ticket help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6017 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I returned from uni today to find i had received a parking ticket, the reason given being parking for longer than permitted.

Im genuinely not sure if i was parked for longer than the two hours permitted as I had lessons which lasted around 1 hour 50 mins and so i could have been five to ten mins over at the very most.

The problem is on the parking ticket where it states the times you were parked there is no from: time, only a time that the warden issued the ticket. This means that i dont actually know that i was over the permitted time because its not filled in on the ticket.

I just wondered if there was any way i could contest this ticket.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sounds very much like this is a charge notice from a private parking company - which company issued the ticket?

Assuming that it is then there are many reasons not to pay up, the fact that you were within the 'permitted time' being only one of them. There is a sticky on the front page of the forum about Private Parking Companies which will give you a lot of information about what to do.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

its been isuued by manchester city council.

im just wondering why they have failed to put the times on the ticket when the contravention is listed as parking for longer than permitted.

How do i know i have parked longer than the two hours if there is no start time on the ticket

its been isuued by manchester city council.

im just wondering why they have failed to put the times on the ticket when the contravention is listed as parking for longer than permitted.

How do i know i have parked longer than the two hours if there is no start time on the ticket

They probably assume you will know when you parked, they should have a note of it though if you wish to dispute the ticket.