Debs v Barclaycard

Debs7
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6374 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, I sent my Data Protection Act letter to Barclaycard on 16 june they received it recorded delivery 19 june. Today I received a letter from Customer relationship Manager.

The letter says 'Thank your for taking the time to contact us regarding the level of service received from Barclaycard.

I am very sorry to learn of your dissatisfaction blal blal.

Your correspondence is being dealt with by this office and we aim to resolve the matter by the 18th July 2006.

I sent it to 1234 Pavilion Drive.

Letter goes on to say they are dealing with my complaint as quickly as possible, and will investigate all aspects fully.

I dont understand why I have received this letter I have not put in a complaint I asked for my credit card statements :???:

Is this a normal letter to receive from Barclaycard ???

Please help cheers Debs

Capital One Letter sent reqesting £320.00 25/07/06

Sainsburys bank Offered me £225 half what asked for letter sent 24/07/06 accepting £225 as partial payment

Barclaycard Offered me £156 half what asked for letter sent 25/07/06 accepting £156 as partial payment

want all the money owned to ME

• 1 month later...

update with barclaycard.....barclaycard offed me half of what i asked for they offeded me £156 back in 25 july a sent a letter away saying that I would accept the £156 in PARTIAL PAYMENT .....

got a letter back from them today saying that they ...note I am dissatisfied with the offer of the refund £156.00. However out position remains thats we believe it is fair when customers' break the terms of their agreement with us, we recover the costs. Therefore , I am not prepared to consider your request for any further refund.

goes on to say about terms and conditions. then ....they appreciate that this may not be the outcome you expected, however I trust that the information I have provided has clarified Barclaycards position.

What should I do now :???: I dont even now if the offer of £156 is still there for me to take .......whats my next step guys

Cheers

Debs

Sainsburys bank Offered me £225 half what asked for letter sent 24/07/06 accepting £225 as partial payment

Barclaycard Offered me £156 half what asked for letter sent 25/07/06 accepting £156 as partial payment

anyone know where i go from here after barclaycard said they wont be offering me anymore money advice needed for next step cheers

Hi Debs, see my thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclaycard/14104-bobinramsey-barclaycard.html As I recieved the same type of letter offering about 1/3 of my claim. I replied extending the LBA deadline by 7 days to allow them time to "reconsider their position". It all helps when you show a judge how reasonable you have been. I have a copy of that letter on my thread. In the event I didn't recieve a reply from them in time so I issued a claim. I think you have to keep on going, but bear in mind that you may have to justify your actions in court, so the tone and timing of letters is very important. Just keep to your timetable and give them every chance possible to pay up.

Don't forget to contribute 5% of your winnings. I know I wouldn't have been able to get my money back without the help of this website. :-D

• 3 months later...

Hi all its been a while since I have been on this forum due to health reasons...anyway

I am looking for some help please. it this thread I was a t the stage where barclaycard had offered me half of what was owed to me.....

because I have not been well for last few months I know that the offer will now be fully withdrawn. What I would like to find out is am I able to start again with the claim to get my money back even though I have been through the process of sending them a letter before action and them making me an offer :confused:

Cheers Debs

Hi Debs,

Firstly check your Barclaycard statements. They usually process the refund straight to your account without telling you, so you may have already received the £156.

Seeing as you have sent both letters and have already warned them that you will take legal action to recover the rest of your charges you can proceed straight to a court claim.