Private Parking Tickets - Template Letters - If you wrote before finding this site.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4526 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

Hello there, I Have been reading your thread with much interest as my mother in law received a £40 parking fine from Parking eye claiming that she had exceeded the allowable parking time at an Aldi store. The fine included photographic evidence of her arriving and leaving the car park. What actually happened was that she cares for an elderly lady and took her shopping on the morning and then returned to the store later that afternoon to carry out her own shopping. She contacted parking eye and explained this to them , unfortunately also admitting that she was the driver at the time of the 'offence'. She also told them that she lives around 300 metres from the store so would not require long term parking there. Parking eye said they would check the CCTV and get back to her. She heard nothing for a month and then a letter came telling her that as she had not paid the £40 fine within the agreed time it had now gone up to £70. She contact Parking eye to ask if they had checked the CCTV and they said they had checked but that she was not seen to arrive and leave the car park twice as she had previously stated. She then asked if she could have access to the CCTV footage and she was told that this was impossible. This is when she let us know what was happening, I had a look on the internet and this is when I happened upon your thread. Upon reading other peoples stories for many hours I told her to send a letter along the lines of "I have recieved an invoice from you dated XXXXXX in the sum of XXXXX. Would you please advise on what basis you feel that I have entered into any contract with either your company or the landlowner". She has now received a letter from a collection agency (with a shared address with our friends at Parking eye) stating that unless she pays the sum of £70 she will receive a visit from the collection agency inccurring further costs. There has been no reference to her previous correspondance that we sent recorded delivery. Now before I tell her to send a letter saying that the sum is in dispute etc I just wanted to check I am not potentially setting her up for an expensive fall! I would appreciate any help or advice you may be able to give.[/font]

Thanks!

I suspect I know the answer I'm going to get but just wanted to check:

I parked in an apcoa railway station car park the other day when the place was covered in snow and it was impossible to see the lines so everyone was doing the best they could by parking in parallel. Got back the following day when the snow had cleared to see my car was outside the lines and had a "Civil Penalty Notice" on the front windscreen.

Part of me wants to write to them pointing out that it was impossible to see the parking bays as they hadn't cleared the snow but reading through these threads it seems the best repsonse is to do nothing until a letter arrives through the post.

Note that I have used their web portal to check on what the appeals process might be - reading these threads suggests "appeal" is the wrong word but have at no time quosted the ticket number or my details.Any advice gratefully recieved.

Hi, new to this site, but would appreciate help. Parked in iceland car park without buying ticket, as didn't realise i needed one. Came back to car to find parking ticket. Advised by parking officer who was still present to appeal enclosing copy of till receipt as money could be claimed back from shop.

Stupidly appealed, appeal refused. Am waiting for a response from Iceland. received 2nd letter from comapny yesterday asking for £100 to be paid in 7 days (despite ticket being disputed) or court action etc.

Couple of things to note. Ticket machine was having ticket rolls repaced at time so probably would not have been usable anyway. Also letters have been receiving have wrong registration number for my vehicle even though correct on original ticket.

Just a quick update. I wrote to Iceland outlining the situation and got a phone call back from a very pleasant man in customer care who has promised to get in touch with Excel and get the ticket removed. I am waiting to see what the result of that is.:)

I did point out in my e-mal that they had lost more revenue from me as a result of my not shopping in their store (and some of my friends), than Excel would receive as a fine.

• 3 weeks later...

I am new to this thread. I have recevied my first letter from the parking control company demanding £120. Should I ignore this letter or acknowledge the letter and ask them to contact the driver instead? I am concern that they will send a debt collector to my house and I won't be able to prove that the matter is in dispute if I have not made any attempt to contact the company.

Any views?

Thanks

I am new to this thread. I have recevied my first letter from the parking control company demanding £120. Should I ignore this letter or acknowledge the letter and ask them to contact the driver instead? I am concern that they will send a debt collector to my house and I won't be able to prove that the matter is in dispute if I have not made any attempt to contact the company.

Any views?

Thanks

Do not write to them or contact them in any way.

No debt collector is going to call on you. If they do, simply tell them to go away. (do not confuse debt collectors i.e nobodys, with bailiffs i.e. court officials that have legal clout.)

Above all, DO NOT PAY THEM,

• 2 weeks later...

Please help!

I have had a Parking Charge Notice from a company called Vehicle Control Services Ltd on February 13th for £80 rising to £120 for non-payment.

Basically I live in a circle of flats with an inner road. Part of the road has double yellow lines. There is an area where part of the lines had been relined and the other part (with broken lines and no T-bar line) had been left to wear away. So stupid me parked on it. As far as i knew this part was no longer part of the lines.

I got a ticket at 7.02 am. Bugger...

I wrote to them to appeal saying that the line was not legal. They replied saying that they didn't have to adhere to the double yellow lines regulations as it was not a public highway. They then said I'd entered a contract and broken it as it said 'No parking on double yellow lines' on their signs. It didn't.

However, on the 2nd of march they put up a sign which did say this and the lines were repainted, leaving out the section where I had originally parked.

Now I suspected they would be underhand and so photographed the lack of a sign before it then cunningly appeared. However, i didn't think to go round photographing bits of empty wall where another sign has now appeared.

I've written to them 3 times now and they just keep saying they are right. i even phoned and invited them down to count the signs which mention yellow lines on the but no go- they didn't want to. They said one sign was enough.

I know I can't get the Parking Tribunal involved as they are a private company and my threat to report them to their own governing (but powerless) body the British Parking Association has not worked either.

I am a worried girl.:eek:

How likely do people think it is that they'll take me to court? I really don't want to pay them. I just wish I'd seen this before I wrote all those letters. The time and sleepless nights are worth more than £80 but it's the principle.

Do people think I have a good case? Also what should I do now?

I'm getting really angry and worried. I'm just so glad that you folks are out there!

Any advice gratefully received. :)

• 3 weeks later...

don't you mean they say the 'owner / keeper / hirer" Just part of the [problem]. do expect any part of anything they say to have any intentionat all apart from parting you from your money. Also its the wording used on council NTOs. Council have statute to back it up, PPCs don't. PPCs use these words to trick people but bad luck for the PPCs is it is very usable against them. see The Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 No.

It says: " On the specified date, you were the registered owner, keeper or hirer of the vehicle in question. As such, you are responsible to ensure that the terms and conditions for parking, as set down and clearly displayed in the car park, are complied with". They make no mention as to who was driving.Thanks for any advice. I really object to lining these scumbags pockets.

It says: " On the specified date, you were the registered owner, keeper or hirer of the vehicle in question.

There can be a;

Registered Keeper; Person recorded on the V5C

Keeper; Person in charge of the vehicle at that time

Owner; Person who's property the car is

Hirer; Person using the car after renting it

Driver; Person driving the car

So who is this Registered Owner they have invented?

So who actually applies for a ccj? is it the parking firm or the debt collectors? do they have to accuse me of being the driver (which would be a guess on their part), and then hope that they are right, when they get to court?

The injured party should submit the papers to court, in this case the PPC. Although technically if you go to court and loose, that will constitute a County Court Judgement (CCJ) most people interpret a CCJ to mean something recorded on your credit history file. This only occurs if you are ordered to pay and don't do so in 28 days from the court date.

They can't take the RK to court and "hope they are right when they get there". They would have to have more substantial evidence of who was the driver than that.

Forgive me if i appear thick, here, but how can debt collectors get involved prior to a ccj? Surely they can only start getting heavy after the "accused", has been found guilty, and still refuses to pay? Thanks again.

You are confusing debt collectors with court appointed Bailiffs. Bailiffs have all the power of the court behind them, debt collectors have all the power of a wet flannel behind them. :)

Just a thought. Is it possible that the DVLA provide scumbags with photo I.D. so they can compare with any CCTV footage they may have.Also, unless scumbags send correspondence by recorded delivery, if it does reach court, you could say this is the first time you`ve heard about it,as they would not be able to prove that you received any of their mail. Sneaky,eh?

Just a thought. Is it possible that the DVLA provide scumbags with photo I.D. so they can compare with any CCTV footage they may have.Also, unless scumbags send correspondence by recorded delivery, if it does reach court, you could say this is the first time you`ve heard about it,as they would not be able to prove that you received any of their mail. Sneaky,eh?

Couldn't happen.

Consider a vehicle. They have the registration number. The can find out who the registered keeper is, but they still don't know who the driver was. It COULD be any one of a dozen or more drivers.

The DVLA don't know who they are any more than they know who the driver was at the time of the so-called "offence".

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

With a new style driving licence, you have to send DVLA a passport type photo so they could make the credit card part of the licence. If they send PPC a copy, they could compare,potentially, to see if driver on their CCTV is also owner.

Potentially, every single holder of a driving licence, anywhere in the country, could have been the driver of the vehicle.....

It ain't gonna happen !

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4526 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks