Barclaycard and the DCAs

reduk054
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5645 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I don't have any left.

I think they have been reading my threads and decided not to even start ;)

Those bloody guests again! Indirectly though you have prob seen off loads of DCAs, you have helped with at least two of mine! And I am one of many! ;)

Ok! I have a little update. Firstly Hopeful1 - excellent news (will pop over to your thread in a mo!) Job done here too!

Spoke to the wonderful FOS this afternoon, and explained my treatment from BC, and their DCAs.

The FOS are going to write to BC on my behalf, as they do not feel that BC have been sympathetic to my cause, and that although i acted pro-actively BC have caused me stress by insisting upon using DCAs (which they are entitled to do, according to FOS if they want to!), and not accepting my offers of payment (even though I have paid them anyway!).

Will find my notes from my tele con shortly for the correct terms, but you get the gist!

Am pleased, FOS are so helpful and compassionate. Ten out of ten!

Reference number at hand now!

Red

Oh and I forgot to say that although the lovely (ahem) 1st Credit did not phone or text me today, I have sent a letter re tele harrassment, recorded 1st class!

Shame I did not have the FOS reference number at that point, but it can wait until the next correspondence!

;)

About to send CBs letter from above, and there are a number of points in their letter which I will comment on shortly!

Let the fun and games begin!

Red

Hi Red got my reply today have put the contents on my post. It will be interesting to see if your reply (if you have got one yet) is similar to mine:mad:

Ha ha shirei, you are reading my mind! And in a way you have read my mail as well, cos I got the standard "your account is in dispute, we will contact BC" letter too!

They can have the month in order to look into it, infact they can have two, or more! I am paying BC what i can afford, so they can want all they like! In your case, I think it plays into the CCA request quite nicely, as by the time they have looked into it, they will have defaulted (oh, yes of course unless they decide to find and comply with your request!).

So I think that it is a great letter!!!

Red

Also, forget to say that i have received my FOS confirmation of my complaint against BC. The FOS have already written to BC on my behalf, and have advised me to write to BC myself advising them of my formal complaint to the FOS.

I should receive a final response in the next 8 weeks, say the FOS.

If by then the matter has not been resolved either by BC not replying or by not put things right (ie stop using DCAs), then I can continue again with my complaint.

Very impressed, and now need to send BC a little letter!

Red

Also, forget to say that i have received my FOS confirmation of my complaint against BC. The FOS have already written to BC on my behalf, and have advised me to write to BC myself advising them of my formal complaint to the FOS.

I should receive a final response in the next 8 weeks, say the FOS.

If by then the matter has not been resolved either by BC not replying or by not put things right (ie stop using DCAs), then I can continue again with my complaint.

Very impressed, and now need to send BC a little letter!

Red

That's good news. FOS were quite keen for me to let Barclays know that they were involved, which they haven't told me to do before.

I've found in the past that FOS do stick to their deadlines which is good. Let's hope all this waiting is worthwhile.

:rolleyes:

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

Totally agree Hopeful1, FOS do a great job, and are so helpful.

I am looking forward to sending BC a letter advising them of the FOS involvement....;)

Everywhere I look at the moment in the general debt forums, BC come up again and again..or maybe I am just so tuned to them at the moment that it just appears to be that way!

Its a nice feeling of slight power with the FOS backing, what do you reckon Hopeful1? :)

Onwards and upwards Red! It's amazing how simple something like making a complaint to FOS can make you feel so much better :D

BC have told me they want to end my dispute swiftly, Red. So they can't be as bad as all that.

Oh, wait. It's taken them about 5 weeks to write that, and promise to get back to me by 10th December. Hmm, doesn't seem very swift from where I'm sitting. Maybe they ARE as bad as all that after all. :D

Attagirl. ;)

BC have told me they want to end my dispute swiftly, Red. So they can't be as bad as all that.

Oh, wait. It's taken them about 5 weeks to write that, and promise to get back to me by 10th December. Hmm, doesn't seem very swift from where I'm sitting. Maybe they ARE as bad as all that after all. :D

Attagirl. ;)

Geez Seahorse, i thought you were serious when i read that 1st sentence. I had to sit down. But it's ok, i realised you were joking - all's right with the world again :p

Hey seahorse, great to have you on board the BC runaway train!

When BC (or BS if you are reading Hopeful1!!) wrote to you (eventually ;) ) with their suggestion of swift resolution to the dispute, was it to offer that the only way of a swift resolution was for you to pay the balance in full, extortionate interest and charges included?! :D

Oh the fun! BC really are awful, and to think that I tried to open a parachute bank account with them when I was claiming charges from Lloyds. I got refused - thank goodness!

Thanks again sweetie!

Red

No, what it is, BC sold my account to Cabot. I tried to SAR BC to see how much debt was made up of penalty charges. Unfortunately, all they seem to have is 6 years of statements. No agreement, so statements showing any transactions with my monthly payment, less 1% interest.

But CABOT managed to get my APPLICATION form from them. Which actually shows that I indicated that I had no wish for them to share my data. At all. And T&C's seem to back that up.

So I have a little problem with BC's involvement in all this. I'd like to THINK BC will recall the account, and write this off. But I'm prepared to see both of them in court if I have to. Cheeky feckers. :D

Blimey Seahorse, BC have been a tad naughty with your account, and perhaps need a judge's slap on the wrist!

No wonder that BC take so long to reply to you, they are still looking up their excuses from the big book of excuses. Umm like when my OH gets in, my excuse for not doing my studying may be that the kids were up, and not that I have been on CAG all eve! :D

Oh, wait. It's taken them about 5 weeks to write that,

Even I can type faster than that.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

To be fair to them, they did write within a couple of weeks saying they'll be writing again. Looks like I've just had the "this is the letter we promised to write, to tell you that we'll write again on the 10th December."

I'm just waiting for that one to say, "This is the letter that we said we would write, in response to the letter that said we were going to write, which was in reply to the first letter that said we would be writing." :D

Morcambe and Wise couldn't have done any better than this lot. ;)

Red, I admire you for paying them when legally you don't have to. But have you actually worked out whether you do really still owe anything or whether it is all made up of interest and charges? Just a thought. I worked out how much I had borrowed and how much I had repaid over the years and was amazed to discover that the o/s balances on my cards were 99% interest and charges. And that most of them had had their pound of flesh.

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

Hi Goldlady, thank you for your kind comments, and suggsetions. At present I know that i have incurred charges and interest on top from BC, but my personal expenditure outweighs this by a long way! So I know that I spent the money (on our blimmin self-employed business, not for pleasure, which was tied in with the whole issue of OH going BR, and yet I still owe the money! :mad: But I did know the gamble of using my personal credit for business purposes, and to be fair I may have bought a pair of shoes as well on the credit card ;) )

As the complaint to the FOS continues, i will at some point try and recover the charges, but I dont want to ruffle feathers. I just want to make inroads in to the money owed, with or without CCA (these things have a nasty habit of finding you one way or another!) from BC, and just to stick to what I can afford.

Thanks for your help as always

Red

Rory, LOL re typing speeds!

Seahorse, classic comedy!

Thanks all!

xx

Red, are B/C still charging you interest and charges even though your account seems to be with every DCA going? :) I continue to pay them, they are still sending me monthly statements with interest and charges (approx £100 per month) my outstanding balance has increased by £500 since July! They also continue to tell me on my statements that my account is being dealt with the wonderfully fabulous Mercers, who continue to send me letters advising they will be popping round shortly for a cuppa :) I continue to ignore them totally as still feel they haven't complied with CCA! They are a continuing nightmare, but its good to know I'm not alone and there are hundreds of their poor customers being treated in the same appalling way :)

Good luck!