This Forum

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6062 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I would like to propose that the parking ticket forum has sub-forums for the different parking companies, so that we can see what are the standard letters etc that they send out, for example I have an invoice from Euro Car Parks, it would be useful to have everything relating to them and controlaccount on one thread. What do you think?

It occurred to me that I have drafted a number of letters and am in the process of pulling them together and was going to post them.

I see two problems: I write letters in a certain style (less is more/short and sweet etc) others prefer a different approach and it is a personal decision. Secondly, we know that PPCs look at this forum. Sometimes it seems that their employees crop up in Troll like capacities. What we don't want is it to be obvious to the PPC what the strategy of their "victim" is going to be so they can head it off at the pass.

Something I will give some thought to over then next few days - I have some ideas!

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

As long as any material is factually correct, accurate, and the company don't have a leg to stand on does it matter if they are readily available? If it means the companies have to thing again about their actions isn't that a good thing?

I imagine there would be too many companies to have sub-forums.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I imagine there would be too many companies to have sub-forums.

What you could do is to nest it eg:

Official Tickets/Clamping

• Local Authority (London) Parking
  • Local Authority (Ex London) Parking
  • Police Trafic Warden Parking
  • TFL Congestion Charge
  • Bus Lane/Yellow Box and Other CCTV

Private Parking (Tickets)

• [by name of PPC]
  • Others

Private Parking (Clamped)

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

You are probably going to end up increasing the moderators work loads moving threads around as too many new members' first posts are uncertain as to even council/private - never mind which company.

Also some companies not only do private tickets (NCP spring to mind) but also act as contracted agents for councils

You are probably going to end up increasing the moderators work loads moving threads around as too many new members' first posts are uncertain as to even council/private - never mind which company.

Also some companies not only do private tickets (NCP spring to mind) but also act as contracted agents for councils

Fair point. Is it something a stick on "how to identify what sort of ticket you have got" will solve?

To be honest I don't think it will. The debt forum has several DCA's names cropping up, some of which have multiple identities, and this idea has been mooted there and decided against at the moment. There is also a danger that someone may be familiar with one sub-forum and not feel able to help on another, when their knowledge may well transfer across all areas.

I see your point absolutely, but many newbies find the forum difficult to navigate, and we don't want to put them off posting their problems because they are unsure where they should post.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If I want to find something specific I usually just do a google, for example:

pcn +ealing site:http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-wardens/

or

"alliance and leicester" site:http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum

What I would find useful is template letters section like set out in Bank Charges forum.

I know you said that people can have different styles BTB, but surely some sort of template could be cooked up that sets out the important information/wording to include, with advice that it is to be adapted to each individual case.

I always like to go off a template then adapt it to my needs, and I don't always send the same worded letter in different cases (even if it's the same issue).