Are there any decent loan companies?

pebs
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6036 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My sister in law has just rang yes loans and they accepted her then asked her to pay £49 she didnt have it in the bank so had to say no, so they are sending her a form out.

I told her not to pay it, but she wants some extra cash for the kids for xmas, is there any decent loan companies she could try.

She has a low credit score and wants to borrow around £500

God no, I should hope she would`nt take out any more loans!!

This is my sister in law, she lives in my road and doesnt have a landline so she just rang them an hour ago from my house.

She does not have anything on credit but is finding it hard still to get a loan off the high street.

Many loan companies are offering loans in the run up to the feastive season, going through the bank will most likly offer the best APR, others like provident will consider the loan but with very high APR, ur sis can do a search on loans and input her information that finds the best deals, if thats what you can call em, best deals to suit them i would think, getting a loan to cover xmas will cost more in the long run, what with intrest etc added, can she not, just explain to the children that money is a little tight and just buy each child one gift there really want, and a mixture of smaller cheaper gifts, aution sites offer items to bid on, which might work out cheap and cheaper retail shops offer 3 gifts for the price of 2. which might be useful.

Christmas time is never easy for parents, with all the expensive toys/gadets advertised on tv etc, that ploy on parents to buy there children. Buying a board game could assist as been one of the kids gifts, that there all can share, another way of giving gifts, write down one thing you all can do, after xmas, like a day at the beach or funfair, like a iou, that can be redeemed after xmas. Christmas can be fun, and happy, without having to spend hundreds that isnt available. Just been there for the kids having a hearty meal and laughter in the house is just as good as the latest phone or gadet. Saying no to the children at xmas isnt easy, thats what these companies prey on, but don't get into the loan/debt loophole just to buy the latest must have.

!2 years Tesco distribution supervisor

7 years Sainsburys Transport Manager

4 Years housing officer ( Lettings )

Partner... 23 Years social services depts

All advice is given through own opition, also by seeking/searching info on behalf of poster, and own personnel dealings.

Dont touch Yes Loans.

I paid out the £49 had to sign a contract to say that they would search on my behalf to find a lender that will help me with the loan for 1 month.

After 1 month they couldn't find anybody - so they had my £49 for 1 month earning them interest - I had about 12 searches on my credit file which meant that I couldn't apply for aything else for 6 months as this did not look good and it took me a further 2 months to get the £49 back.

I am sure they have helped other people - I just had a very bad experience so please be careful.

I know what it is like with regards to finding money for children for presents - we have this year gone down the route of going through everything old toys linen etc and selling it on ebay - we made about £250!

And it didn't cost a penny!:-D