Excel Parking Ticket.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5023 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi also live in Wakefield and at the moment I have an issue with Excel parking but with the car park on George Street where I was issued with a £60 penalty notice for literally turning my car round in this car park. I have not paid the penalty, nor do I intend to and would prefer to go to court if necessary. Wakefield at the moment seems to be over run with Excel car parks - Providence Street, opposite Unity Hall and a new one down on Ings Road as well as the retail park. The Wakefield Express frequently has articles about Excel's parking victims. I for one will never use one of these ever again.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Wakefield Express frequently has articles about Excel's parking victims. I for one will never use one of these ever again.

Make sure you give your complaint to the Express too then to make sure they know Excel are still causing problems in the town.

Hi everyone. Im new to this site. I too have had problem with excel i sumbled on this site when i decided to pay my fine out of fear of bad credit rating.

My car broke down and i somehow drove it few hundred yards further to staples car park so that it was not an obstruction to other motorists and did no cause accident.

I did not have breakdown cover so I trained it home from sheffield. I could not afford recovery so my friend offerd to tow it on a saturday (the car had broken down on a thursday). It was free parking but i assume now that it was for a limited time. when i got back to my car i saw too parking tickets.

I failed to reply and got a fine of £200. At first i was not going to pay but then they threatened me and i wrote to them explaining circumstances. the stated i could not have appeal and must pay. I explained i could not afford to pay. They requested proof that iwas not able to pay full amount. Which I sent. They agreed to monthly payments of £25 a month for 8 months. I have paid £50 upto now.

I wanted to get a mortgage but fearing that this would affect my credit scoring decided to put it on my credit card and pay remaining £150. Until i stunbled onto this forum.

What should i do??

You have two choices:

• stop paying them

and

• take them to court to reclaim the money they have stolen from you already.

You have been taken for a mug - you're their perfect victim. Do some research about credit ratings - you have to be taken to court, lose and still refuse to pay. You've more chance of winning the lottery.

Stop paying immediately. What kind of agreement do you have with them?

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum as I have received an invoice or 'Parking Charge Notice' from you know who.

From reading the posts on this forum its the standard demand for £100 - despite the fact that this is the first time I have ever heard of this company!

My 'PCN' was issued on the 14th of March this year for not displaying a valid ticket/permit. I think I was parked in the Somerfield car park in the Broomhill area of Sheffield if anyone knows it.

Now, where I differ from a lot of you guys is that if I am correct and that is where I received the ticket I won't have bought a ticket. Basically, it was issued at 20:09 on a Saturday night and I popped into the shop for no more than 10 minutes max!

I know that if they came around at that moment (it is not a manned car park, nor do I believe does it have cctv) and found my car without a ticket then I did break the rules but £100 is seriously disproportionate!

What should I do? If it went to court then I am technically in the wrong as I didnt buy a ticket, and there is a machine there to pay. I'm not sure how much the tickets cost and if there is a time that it becomes free to park there but it can't be more than a pound or two surely?

Also, if it goes to court what is my best defence? Simply that they shouldnt charge me this much and I never received an original claim for money other than this £100 demand?

I may ring the company tomorrow however I'm not sure if I should, and i'm also considering contacting them via a letter.

I also worry though that if I don't pay then I am liable to costs above the already insane £100, or that worse still they'll come round and clamp my vehicle? Although I do live in Birmingham, so nowhere near the location of the company and where most of these incidents have occurred.

Any advice you can give me would be much appreciated!! I'm concerned, although less so now that I'm not alone on this! I should also note I have written to the British Parking Association, the DVLA, a free legal advice website called lawanswers and I've registered it with BBC's Watchdog (which I think EVERYONE should do!!)

Cheers

In reference to my post above, just to keep you informed for anyone that is interested, I have sent Excel a letter today. The details of this letter can be found via this link, which is a site that provides a pretty good template letter: TicketShield - how to beat private parking tickets — The Roadside Lawyer Just click on the link where is says 'form letter for you to send as a reponse'.

Alternatively you could pay them £37.50 to deal with on your behalf and apparently all correspondence then needs to go to them rather than yourself, which is a benefit. However, I'm not sure if it's really worth it if they aren't going to take us to court so I'm standing my ground for now.

Also, the British Parking Association have asked me to send a copy of the letter I have been sent so they can investigate it - I'm not sure how seriously they are taking it or what they can do but hey!

In the mean time I am considering writing to local councilor Paul Scriven for the Broomhill area of Sheffield, and incidentally the local MP appears to be Nicholas Clegg (leader of the Lib Dems), and I will write to the Sheffield Telegraph too. Not sure what good it will do but the more action we can take the better! Even if we can put pressure on them to act more lawfully or for landlords not to employ them anymore!

I'll keep you posted about what response I get to my letter.

In reference to my post above, just to keep you informed for anyone that is interested, I have sent Excel a letter today. The details of this letter can be found via this link, which is a site that provides a pretty good template letter: TicketShield - how to beat private parking tickets — The Roadside Lawyer Just click on the link where is says 'form letter for you to send as a reponse'.

There are template letters provided here in CAG also, but the general advise now is not to write to them at all

Alternatively you could pay them £37.50 to deal with on your behalf and apparently all correspondence then needs to go to them rather than yourself, which is a benefit.

or you can come to CAG for help and advise which is always free :)

However, I'm not sure if it's really worth it if they aren't going to take us to court so I'm standing my ground for now.

Also, the British Parking Association have asked me to send a copy of the letter I have been sent so they can investigate it - I'm not sure how seriously they are taking it or what they can do but hey!

You're probably right, but a complaint to them can't do any harm

In the mean time I am considering writing to local councilor Paul Scriven for the Broomhill area of Sheffield, and incidentally the local MP appears to be Nicholas Clegg (leader of the Lib Dems), and I will write to the Sheffield Telegraph too. Not sure what good it will do but the more action we can take the better! Even if we can put pressure on them to act more lawfully or for landlords not to employ them anymore!

Yep, again any complaints to anyone can't hurt. The only people you shouldn't write to are the PPC, EVER!

I'll keep you posted about what response I get to my letter.

"Your appeal has been unsuccessful". There ya go, I saved you the time in waiting for a reply from Excel. :p

Why on earth did you bother writing to Excel. That was a waste of a stamp. All you have achieved by doing that is to show Excel that you actually care sufficiently about the implications. Now that they know your worried enough, they will ramp up the intimidation to try and scare you into paying. Just remember that bullies only go for the victims that show weakness. If you show no fear, they slink away.

Don't waste another one writing to the BPA or provide them any information. They are inextricably linked to Excel. After all, their MD Simon Renshaw-Smith has chaired the "special interests group" at the BPA. Independent, I don't think so. They are not interested in helping you, more likely looking for information that they can pass on to Excel in the hope of trapping you so that they can try and reverse their run of defeats in court.

As for ticketshield, don't waste your money there either. How much does is cost to throw a letter in a drawer and forget about it.

Just remember the mantra

IGNORE THEM

DON'T WRITE TO THEM

THEN IGNORE THEM EVER MORE

MBNA - Agreed to refund £970 in full without conditions. Cheque received Sat 5th Aug.:D

Lloyds - Settled for an undisclosed sum.:D

EXCEL PARKING are a bag of ****

I dont know how many of you know this but 1 Excel parking attendants are under pressure to get fines.... 2 an excel parking attendant can not void a fine because its on an accountable document only head office in sheffield can do this so really i dont think its worth arguing with him/her over it..

How many times do we have to tell people

THEY'RE NOT FINES.

Please refer to them by their proper designation, i.e. uninforceable invoices issued by power hungry wannabees who don't have the intelligence to be council roadsweepers or to put it another way, emergency bog roll.

(Sorry Buggeroff, I didn't realise it was your first post. No offence intended and welcome to CAG)

MBNA - Agreed to refund £970 in full without conditions. Cheque received Sat 5th Aug.:D

The way that Excel have been going recently, he will be lucky to afford a rowing boat on the local sewage farm.

Well yeah we know this!!!

They are very clever clever people i mean they even make there staff go through training courses then contract then to 4 years service if they leave within 4 years they owe this and that for the courses!!!! There sick!!! MRS and SRS need shooting....

They are very clever clever people i mean they even make there staff go through training courses then contract then to 4 years service if they leave within 4 years they owe this and that for the courses!!!!

That contractual term could well be unlawful by being deemed to be unfair. Wonder if any of the ex-staff would like to challenge it's ligitamacy. :)

That contractual term could well be unlawful by being deemed to be unfair. Wonder if any of the ex-staff would like to challenge it's ligitamacy. :)

Im sure they would!!! I know at least 3 staff members now that have been told off the record there expected to get a minimum amount of "PCNs" per day. I know 1 staff member that is being sacked because he will not give them out... they just need to sack him after a performence review!!! there **** fat cats end of really!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Anybody can help me I would really appreciate :-

Wakefield Providence street EXCEL car park

I sent my son to pay for my parking ticket and when he returned with it he had typed F**KY** instead of my car reg , because of this the ANPR cameras could not cross ref` my car to entering and leaving the car park with my real car reg and on that basis they issued a fine of £60 with the usual DEMANDING MONEY WITH MENACES rubbish saying I had not adhered to there terms and conditions I replied to them with my ticket and they spotted the reg and whilst admiting that I had paid - had not fulfilled her terms and conditions and the fine still stands

I don`t want to pay any advice please?

You have already sent one letter too many, and as you have discovered, they have no interest in whether you have paid to park or not.

No matter though, it's never too late to revert to plan A! :)

PLAN A

Do not write to them

Do not telephone them

Do not reply to any of their scamvoices

DO NOT PAY THEM

You will receive a couple of letters from Excel, then a couple from their DCA (probably still just EXCEL using different letterhead paper), then 1 or 2 from their pet "solicitor".

Ignore everything short of official, correctly stamped court papers saying they are going to court (but don't hold your breath coz that just ain't going to happen ;) )

• 1 month later...

Hi all. New to this forum and stumbled across this thread whilst looking up Excel to see what sort of company they are.

I received a colourful threatening letter yesterday telling me I have until this Friday to get a payment of £100 in their hands (slightly odd phrasing?!). Failure to do so may result in court proceedings, extra fees (30 & 50 quid) & any interest accrued.

No ticket, no 1st letter, no sniff of a £60 claim. Have the prices gone up, or am I a couple of steps along the process without even realising it?

I genuinely thought it was a flyer/circular when I opened it at first until I cross referenced the dates.

Edited by Chalkster

Hi

I wish I'd found this site earlier but only started looking when I received my letter today that stated my appeal was unsuccessful! I had purchased a weekly ticket for Ings Road car park in Wakefield on the Monday but on the Wednesday of that week it had blown onto the floor of the car! Needless to say I received a Parking Charge Notice for £60 from them. I e-mailed the next day as way of appeal and told them that if they checked the same car park on that day they would find my car with the weekly ticket in. This obviously means nothing to them and they are inisiting I pay.

I won't be paying and shall be contacting my employers as they have recently entered into an agreement with Excel for contract parking for their staff-they maybe should have checked their reputation first! I had enquired about this parking (£130 for 13 weeks) but hadn't received a reply when I asked Excel if it guaranteed me a space-a lucky escape for me!

Thanks to all your previous posts I will now stand firm!

• 2 weeks later...

I got a parking ticket two weeks ago in Crown Point Retail Park Leeds. I was parked in a disabled bay but my badge had fallen onto the floor. I challenged the parking attendant who told me to write to Excel explaining what had happened, he was very nice about it all and agreed I should not have got a ticket. Excel replied saying they were enforcing the charge. I challenged this decision and still waiting to hear from them. But now i have read this forum I will ignore future demands. Has anyone ACTUALLY been taken to court by this company?? Also, I read somewhere that their 50p a minute premium payment line may be unlawful and has been investigated by Trading Standards. I don't really want to end up in court, so advice please.

Many thanks, I am still waiting to hear from them again, but will take the advice to ignore any further communication. I will post on here if they take me to court - if they do I might call on you all as witnesses so you can have your say about this company!!!!:)