• Tweets

• The only way to verify whether there is any financial reward for the management is seeing the agreement. That would be required during disclosure IF court proceedings went ahead... Unless you could bring pressure to bear and get a copy?
    • god they've got at you haven't they. told you all the usual utter BS. a CCJ vanishes from your credit file on it's 6th B'Day regardless to being paid off or not or paying or not. same with any debt with a registered defaulted date - it vanishes from your file on the DN's 6th B'day regardless. creditfix are Knightsbridge, (they renamed) there are 100's of threads here on Knightsbridge, if i remember rightly 2 of the directors of a certain very big IVA provider were struck off for embezzling £1m's out of debtors. pers i'd stop paying now.  end of . just ignore them all. 99% of your debts are to utterly powerless DCA's and probably were never owed in the first place only goes to firm up my belief from post one..you got had blind. its very easy to deal with the debts even those with CCJ's. can you copy and paste what you credit file says regarding the IVA please?   
    • The airline says it is investigating reports that customers can view other passengers' personal information.View the full article
    • They are finding new ways to cut back on household spending as China’s economy loses steam.View the full article
    • Sorry I meant credit fix - I really wish I'd known this before - kicking myself right now  If they come back to me asking for more money I'll cancel it and start trying to deal with the debt myself let's see what they say  Feeling tempted to cancel it now but scared that some of the debts will do more CCJ's on me and I'll have to wait 6 years again.  2 of the CCJ come of this year and then I'll only have the iva in credit file - effectively if I'd have not took out the iva in 2021 I'd have clear score by now - but then again would I because I would have been hounded the last 3 years, as bad as it is it's saves me lots of headaches whilst my debt was still within the 6 year mark.  I think most of them are near there but in all honesty no point chasing them if I do cancel iva I'd jjst wait for the ones who contact me and then start the relevant letter process on them.  Of over 6 years easy if not still possible to write off. My true victory would be having the iva wiped off my credit file as mis sold or something that way I Don't have to wait till 2027 Other option is to fight back and ask for them to offer the creditors to accept payments so far and use the following method    Will your IVA firm agree to complete your IVA on the basic of funds paid to date? The Guidance lists a lot of factors to be considered in deciding whether a settlement on the basis of funds paid to date should be proposed. You should read the list. But that may not give you any feel for whether they apply to you or not. The following are my thoughts on when an IVA should be treated as settled, not failed. They assume that you have £75 or less to pay a month: if you would currently qualify for a Debt Relief Order, then your IVA should be settled now  There is no point in making your IVA fail and you have to apply for a DRO – it will not generate another penny for your creditors. If you are renting and owe less than £50,000, check the DRO criteria now and talk to National Debtline on 0808 808 4000 about whether you qualify. You may have been told at the start of your IVA that you aren’t eligible – still check now as the DRO criteria have changed, your situation has got worse, and some people were given incorrect information about DROs at the start. if you have no assets that would be realised in bankruptcy (eg a house with equity, car worth over £2000), then your IVA should be settled now Same as (1), there is no point in making you apply for bankruptcy after your IVA fails. if your only asset is a car that is worth less than £8000, then your IVA should be settled now A car that is worth say £5000 would normally be sold in bankruptcy and you would be given a small amount to buy a cheaper car. But your creditors would not get any benefit from this as the Insolvency Service takes the first £8000 raised to cover its own costs. if you have significant assets, the closer you are to the end of the IVA, the less reasonable it is to fail it If you have been paying your IVA for 4 years, you have done your best over a long period. It isn’t your fault you can no longer continue. The fact you may have had equity to release isn’t relevant as that simply isn’t going to be possible. if your situation will clearly improve soon, then it’s unlikely your IVA will be settled I mean real improvements, not hoping that prices fall. If I can get them to accept payment to date or threaten with cancellation hopefully they may accept it -  Other option is to try and borrow money and pay make a full and final offer  Or I can just ignore and hope for the best which I'm very tempted to do especially if they respond to my review with bullying tactics despite me being skint as a fart with no mortgage as renting  It's so stressful but I've just checked the iva agreement from 2021 and it's Cabot 2 accounts Lowell about 5 accounts and then lots of repeats of the same debt with for example zopa and Cabot same amount listed twice -  also loyyds banks but I'm sure that's older than 6 years and not on credit file anyway  If I can somehow remove the iva from my credit file I'd be happy 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

I owe a lot!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5618 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Really does sound like you are turning a corner. :D

The emotional side of it is often more difficult than the financial, but it looks as if you are making some great progress there.

Let us all know what your local court says.

[SIZE=2][COLOR=SeaGreen][FONT=Verdana][URL="http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/"][/URL][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pleased to hear you are getting on top of things:p. Best of luck with the forms - they aren't complicated but take quite a while.

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

Hi Lorna

Bet it was great to have a night out, even on a tight budget. Puts a spring back in your step and generally makes you feel better.

Glad to see you enjoying your new job too.

That light at the end of the tunnel is now getting a lot brighter, wont be to long and you will have reached it.

Geoff

Tip us a wink on my scales if you think I may have helped at all;)

Erm...............................

Today was................a bloody nightmare! Whinging all day and I struggled. Saying that now I am home I have perspective and I can put it down to it being my first day. I'm on a complaints line and it's hard not to take some things to heart and I have rather a loud voice for a little thing. I'm only 5ft but I weigh a lot and I do make a lot of noise. My Centre Manager told me to keep my voice down today - which is understandable but it happens wherever I go. I'm loud. I think I'm oversensitive because I am new and I have PMT!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

All in all it was ok - I didn't lose my rag with anyone and I was pleasant and accurate and it's all I can do. So it's over now and I am going to relax and stuff my face with chocolate.

I'm going to ring the County Court tomorrow to get a definite date for the BR and then it's fill in the forms time. I've had to wait until now - finance-wise.

I'll survive - I just like a good moan - so TA everyone. I survived my first day!

Kisses L x

Get a life - you only get ONE!

http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/

http://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/

http://www.cccs.co.uk/

BSC No 60

12.12.2007 - 9.54am

**Discharged Friday 12th December 2008**

Keep it up Lou. Being live on the phones is always tough to start with.

xx

Any help and advice is offered in good faith, based solely on my own knowledge and on experience gathered from this site. I am not qualified to offer legal or financial advice, which you should seek from an expert before making any important decisions. My opinions are therefore offered without liability.

If I've been helpful, please click my scales. :-)

Well done Lou! It does get better, I worked on a complaints line for 7 years and you will learn to switch off. Just reiterate the information in a low tone over and over again and at some point tell them you understand how they feel- this calms most irate callers down.

• 2 weeks later...

I have my BR booked for this week. I won't say when because I've told no-one.

It's in the next few days.

As for the pensions - they were frozen ones when I left my employers I think I have two but I don't know how much is in them. I can put down the previous employers but I honestly don't know a lot about them. It just went out of my salary every month. I think it's only a couple of hundred pounds that don't mature for 27 years.

I don't have one now.

On my SOF it states who else makes a contribution to the household income. I live with my mum and dad and my father is the sole earner. My mum does Bed and Breakfast in the summer but that's just for her "pocket money" - so he's the sole contributor apart from me with "keep" and "essentials" like car tax and toiletries etc., - do I just put that down?

I'm currently in temporary employment and my employer is the agency - should I just put that down? And not the co I am working for?

As for my bank account - I have to clear it this week to pay my court fees. I'll only have about £200 left then. And my salary is going to go into my mum's account until I can set up a cashcard account is that ok?

I'll send my debit and credit card to the OR when they ask for it - or do I take it with me to court?

I haven't told work. I'm going on sick for the day. I don't want everyone to know. If they find out in my local paper - as I do live in a very small community - d'youthink they'd check the dates? It's not really a big deal because it's not my "career" but I don't want to be fired. And I don't know if I should tell the agency or not?

Sorry to ask so many questions. I'm running out of time now.

Thank you for all your help.

BSC No 60

12.12.2007 - 9.54am

As for the pensions - they were frozen ones when I left my employers I think I have two but I don't know how much is in them. I can put down the previous employers but I honestly don't know a lot about them. It just went out of my salary every month. I think it's only a couple of hundred pounds that don't mature for 27 years.

I don't have one now.

Just put down the info you have. The OR can make their own investigations if the decide they are worth looking into.

On my SOF it states who else makes a contribution to the household income. I live with my mum and dad and my father is the sole earner. My mum does Bed and Breakfast in the summer but that's just for her "pocket money" - so he's the sole contributor apart from me with "keep" and "essentials" like car tax and toiletries etc., - do I just put that down?

Yep. Put down what anyone else contributes to the "shared" household expenses, not their whole income. It's only really on the forms so the OR can see that costs are shared fairly.

I'm currently in temporary employment and my employer is the agency - should I just put that down? And not the co I am working for?

Yep. The agency will do just fine since it the source of income and tax matters that are of interest to the OR.

As for my bank account - I have to clear it this week to pay my court fees. I'll only have about £200 left then. And my salary is going to go into my mum's account until I can set up a cashcard account is that ok?

Fine. Lots of people do that. Don't leave any money that you need for living in your own account.

I'll send my debit and credit card to the OR when they ask for it - or do I take it with me to court?

The OR will normally request those when they write to with a info pack and some extra initial forms to fill in. So you don't need to take them to court.

I haven't told work. I'm going on sick for the day. I don't want everyone to know. If they find out in my local paper - as I do live in a very small community - d'youthink they'd check the dates? It's not really a big deal because it's not my "career" but I don't want to be fired. And I don't know if I should tell the agency or not?

If you are going to tell the agency you are sick when you are not then I suppose there is always that risk. Although (as I'm sure you've read) the adverts are very small, are a bit random as to which paper they go in, and not many people read them.

Good luck for whichever day it is. :)

• Haha 1

[SIZE=2][COLOR=SeaGreen][FONT=Verdana][URL="http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/"][/URL][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Hi Lorna

Dont think the OR will be too bothered about the small pensions, they werent with mine and they were also only a couple of hundred pounds each.Just fill in your ex employers details and the OR will find out about them if need be.

Yep just put the agency down as your emplyer as they pay your wages each month/week.

Regarding your bank account, yep that is ok, many people use someone elses account for the time being. Its ok to clear your exsisting account too, the OR will not have a problem with that.. They know you need cash to live on.

All the court does is sign the petition, no need to take anything with you to court.

The OR or the bank will ask for any cheque books or cards to be sent/taken too them at a later date. Make sure that you cut up any cards prior to this.

I would let them know that you need a day of as you have some very important personal business to deal with, you dont have to tell them exactly what unless you want to.

The ad in the paper, if anything like mine was buried right in amongst the ads in the middle, so its doubtful if any one would see it from your local community.

On the SOA, I would put that I live with my parents and dad is the sole earner and that you contribute to the household income and you dont know how much dad earns.

• Haha 2

Fermi to the rescue again. Can I send you the biggest hug ever for all your help. I'll PM my date to you ok? You're the only one who'll know. Not even my mother.

I don't know how much my mum conrtibutes. She gets "housekeeping" from my father and that's it. She doesn't really contribute because she doesn't work. I should just writ that down then?

This pensions thing is worrying me. I have no idea how to find this info. I know one is Tameside for the Manchester Met Uni and the other is Bangor University's pension scheme and I think they have their own. Should I just write that down?

I won't tell the agency - they're about 30 miles away and the likelyhood of them finding out about it is minimal. And I don't think the ad goes in straight away does it? Does it state on the advert how much debt you were in or just your name and address? Because if my father was to find out I'd have to deal with it but I don't want him to know for how much. I honestly don't know myself how I got into this much debt?

I won't declare anything about cash in hand or bank accounts then because it's not worth declaring. As that will be living costs alone.

Thank you Fermi.

BSC No 60

12.12.2007 - 9.54am

The ad will go in the first available edition of the paper, they dont hang about you know;)

All it says in the ad is that so and so was declared BR and if anyone has any cash owing by you , then get in touch with the OR. wont mention how much or who too.

Dont worry about the pensions, a lot of people dont keep this sort of information, I know I didnt:o

Just go with what both Fermi and myself have said regarding the household expenses.

This question is more to do with people living with you rather than you living with your family.

Dont worry yourself about it. Many people will have had less info then what you have suplied.

Good luck for whenever this week.

I'll be there with you wishing you luck, not that you will need it as it is not that daunting really, just seems like it.

It will be all over and done with in the courtroom in about five mins.

Geoff

xxx

You should declare that you have x amo=unt in cash at the hearing, they wont ask you to give it up, just tell them its for living on until your next pay day. Not a problem.

Fermi to the rescue again. Can I send you the biggest hug ever for all your help. I'll PM my date to you ok? You're the only one who'll know. Not even my mother.

If you like, and you think it will help having someone who knows. :)

I don't know how much my mum conrtibutes. She gets "housekeeping" from my father and that's it. She doesn't really contribute because she doesn't work. I should just writ that down then?

A guesstimate will do fine. Their money wont be touched, and as said it just so the OR can see the overall picture.

This pensions thing is worrying me. I have no idea how to find this info. I know one is Tameside for the Manchester Met Uni and the other is Bangor University's pension scheme and I think they have their own. Should I just write that down?

Just put down the info you have and the OR will do the rest. Let the OR earn their money. :)

Most pensions aren't touched nowadays anyway. There is room in the extra info sect (Q13) if you feel you need to explain further than will fit in the pension section.

I won't tell the agency - they're about 30 miles away and the likelyhood of them finding out about it is minimal. And I don't think the ad goes in straight away does it? Does it state on the advert how much debt you were in or just your name and address? Because if my father was to find out I'd have to deal with it but I don't want him to know for how much. I honestly don't know myself how I got into this much debt?

No. It will just say name, address (etc), and where and when the order was made. No details of debts are given.

Keep posting on here or MSE if anything bothers you in the run-up.

• Haha 1

And don't worry too much about the forms. While they should be as accurate as you can reasonably make them, they are just a starting point for the OR.

If anything is unclear or needs extra info then that is what the interview is for.

Good luck lou - I'll be thinking about you.

xx

Any help and advice is offered in good faith, based solely on my own knowledge and on experience gathered from this site. I am not qualified to offer legal or financial advice, which you should seek from an expert before making any important decisions. My opinions are therefore offered without liability.

Thanks Geoff, thank you HC.

I've been at it all day ;) hahaha - getting things ready I mean.

Photocopying and finding stuff.

I'm on an emergency tax code at the moment which should be sorted this week. I can't calculate how much tax and NI I pay. I suppose I could try on google. Done it!!!! Oh I am clever!

Right the other thing I can't find is the date of the start of my credit agreements etc., and the reason for my debt?!

HELP????????

BSC No 60

12.12.2007 - 9.54am

Right the other thing I can't find is the date of the start of my credit agreements etc., and the reason for my debt?!

Approximate dates will do. Especially where debts were built up over time (credit cards etc) a range of dates is just fine. e.g between month/year - month year. The OR is used to seeing a certain amount of vagueness.;)

Reasons can be either be something solid and specific (i.e a loan for a particular purpose), or something less defined like "covering a shortfall in living expenses", and anything in between. Again, if you have to be a bit vague then so be it, and the OR's are more than used to seeing that.

yep don't even know approximate dates I don't think

but ah well

i think i'm a bit screwed with this form - i really don't know what i'm doing

between the pensions and outgoings for the family - God knows about that stuff

i don't know what the credit was for - for spending???? God - what a load of headache! maybe i need more time.

i can't remember dates of the agreements and they might all be in the last 3-6 years - that will go down well!!! 33k in 4 or 5 years and ABSOLUTELY nothing to show for it!

BSC No 60

12.12.2007 - 9.54am

sorry Fermi - I'm getting stressed out now and this is annoying because I don't have all those details - I don't know how to fill in the petition and also I don't know what EXACTLY I am suuposed to take to court. I have all the paper evidence but is it just ONE FORM they need now?

I am not too bothered about work to be honest because I can't stay in this job with this salary. it's ridiculously low earnings for the hours and I am used to a couple of hundred more to be honest. I just hope the OR doesn't take that from me.

BSC No 60

12.12.2007 - 9.54am

Deep breaths Lou!

xx

Just fill it in the the best you can. The court's bankruptcy clerk should give it the once over on the day to make sure you haven't made any howlers, and the OR is used to forms that are a bit light on detail in certain areas.

The forms were designed back in a time when it was mostly business people going BR, so a lot of the questions are focused somewhat in that direction. So if something doesn't seem relevant to you that is more than likely the reason. Large sections of mine were left blank since they simply weren't relevant to my circumstances.

sorry Fermi - I'm getting stressed out now and this is annoying because I don't have all those details - I don't know how to fill in the petition and also I don't know what EXACTLY I am suuposed to take to court. I have all the paper evidence but is it just ONE FORM they need now?

It's two forms. 6.27 (Debtors Petition - two sides A4), and 6.28 (the long statement of affairs).

6.27 is pretty incomprehensible if you are not a lawyer, and the BR clerk will check that over to make sure it's right. Some clerks will even help you fill the whole thing in.

As a rough guide for 6.27.

(From a previous post of mine)

If you are downloading and filling in 6.27 (the two page petition) then.....

Most bankruptcy clerks will help you fill in the bits of 6.27 that you can't figure out on the day.

But for a simple case with no business involved.

Initial section:

Fill in name/address in part (a)

Any previous name in (b)

Any previous address debts incurred at in ©

Put a line through (d) & (e)

In part 1:

Put a line through:

"[My centre of main interests has been][i have had an establishment] at"

and

"I carry on business as an insurance undertaking; a credit institution; investment undertaking providing services involving the holding of funds or securities for third parties; or a collective investment undertaking as referred to in Article 1.2 of the EC Regulation."

and

''My centre of main interests is not within a Member State''

In part 2:

Put a line through:

''[carried on business at]'' and fill in your residential address.

Put a line through:

''[(g) county court]. I am presenting my petition to this court, as it is the nearest full-time county court to (g) county court, for the following reasons:''

In part 3:

Nothing to do. icon_smile.gif

In part 4:

Put a line through the following parts:

''I was adjudged bankrupt on (j) in the (k) Court No. (l)''

''On (j) I (f) [made a composition] [entered into a scheme of arrangement] with my creditors.''

''On (j) I entered into a voluntary arrangement''

''On (j) an administration order was made against me in the (l) county court.''

In part 5:

Sign and date on the day.

The clerk and judge were happy with mine complete that way.

Hope that helps. :)

I am not too bothered about work to be honest because I can't stay in this job with this salary. it's ridiculously low earnings for the hours and I am used to a couple of hundred more to be honest. I just hope the OR doesn't take that from me.

Even if the OR decides you have a surplus of £100 per month or more, then they can only take 50-70% of the surplus under an IPA. And your surplus really would need to be BIG for it to be at the 70% end.

While it would obviously be nice not to have an IPA, if you do get one then it means you are probably bringing in some decent money and the portion of the surplus you are left with will not be insignificant.

As I said, try not to stress (difficult I know), and fill in the forms as best you can. Any specific issues, then post back either here or elsewhere.

By the weekend you will be able to look forward to a Christmas and new year where your stress levels and worries will be massively reduced. :)

Thank you so much. The 6.27 is basically filled in. I do have one outstanding bill from my previous address. That's an electric bill - I'll put that in, too. Just to safeguard myself. I put that address in section © on the 6.27? Sorry to be a nuisance.

I've got all my pension details but I have no idea how to work them out so I've photocopied the agreements - can i just put them in with my SAF?

Thank you and sorry to be a pain.

BSC No 60

12.12.2007 - 9.54am

Hi loopy lou - I've followed your thread for a while. Just wanted to say - keep your chin up - you're doing absolutely fine with how you're approaching things. AS others posters have said - next year will be a shed load less stressful for you once everything is sorted. :)

Claim against First Direct - WON - 29th March 2007