Ticket with wrong time

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6050 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a FPN ticket a couple of days ago for parking i minute in a disabaled bay, which has the wrong time on it. Should I accept/admit that I was parked there at the time, when I clearly was not.

In fact the ticket has been completed incorrectly as follows:

From/at 13:29 to 13:00

ie -29 minutes (back in time).

Should I contest?

Let's be clear, this is a police notice is it not a council one?

I reckon it's worth contesting.

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

It's not worth contesting. The times are effectively immaterial on the FPN. It is merely an invitation to admit the offence, pay the fine and avoid court proceedings.

If you elect to contest it - and you must act positively to do so; then the FPN is voided and a Magistrates' Court summons will be issued instead. What is on the summons/witness statements is what matters.

I used to work on PCN appeals, Parking in a DB is a auto ticket, You MAY get away with it via npas but to be fair as other has said and as a disabled badge holder myself I think you should pay it regardless of if there was "6 empty spaces" its like people who use the defence of well it was 9pm when they parking in a DB like Dbadge holders are not allowed out after dark.

On a Mission to .......Get My Life Back

December 2007 - 39 Stone 05 Lbs

July 2011 - 13 Stone 12 Lbs - Cycled 17851 Miles

http://theamazing39stonecyclist.wordpress.com/

Now the hard work starts.

It may be worth checking the TRO with the council as they are often forgotten about and there may be an exemption for loading on the TRO which cannot be observed with an instant ticket. Whilst a PCN is instant it has to allow for discretion for the BB system to work. A BB is not attatched to the vehicle but the person it is issued to, if I wish to pick my elderly mum up from her house I am allowed to park in the Bay outside whilst getting her and the badge from the house surely? BB contravention 40 is a parking contravention not a stopping or loading contravention something often forgotten by Councils and disgruntled BB holders.

offence or contravention makes no odds the police will still have to prove you parked rather than stopped to unload or load.

Its my understanding you can not load or unload in a DBay.

On a Mission to .......Get My Life Back

December 2007 - 39 Stone 05 Lbs

July 2011 - 13 Stone 12 Lbs - Cycled 17851 Miles

http://theamazing39stonecyclist.wordpress.com/

Now the hard work starts.