How can I stop next doors cat.....erm.....messing in my garden?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6055 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

is that from your pet tiger :grin:xxxkia

Do you mean this one?

01.gif

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Used to have one cat that had a way of showing disdain for someone who upset him.

He had a knack of pooing so that a longish length stood up, like a marker-flag. He would then throw you a look as if to say, "How do you like them apples, then?"

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

just found these on another site - lol (theyre not my suggestions)

option 1

I would start with something mild, like a box of used tennis balls (ask at your local university). If that doesn't work, I'd graduate to one of those pistols that shoots round plastic balls at a fair velocity. If that isn't effective, try a Super Soaker filled with a mixture of half ammonia / half water. From there, it's a BB gun. Then a pellet gun. If you still have the problem, you'll have to get serious. Bird shot from a 12 guage shotgun will work, but by this time you'll be frustrated enough that you'll be considering real countermeasures. Professional pyrotechnics are available that will allow you arrange a field of explosive surprises for the little beasts. You might need a license for this, though.

option 2

give the cats such a bad experience in your garden that they will never want to go anywhere near it, i.e. catch them in a cage trap device and then repeatedly pour buckets of water over them. (this is the most effective and humane way, just make sure nobody sees you doing it) :D

sensible answer - Olbas Oil dripped onto a used tea bag

I'll let Bookie guess my remedy. I reckon she'll get it in one.;)

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Well, lately it has been cleansing by immersion, so... hosing them? :razz:

Stop being obtuse!

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Quite right, except it doesn't have to be the expensive white stuff. In fact I now even recycle, so the pickled onion vinegar saw off the neighbours cats when we scattered it around. The smell soon disappears.

Are you really cleansing your immersion though?

funny that, freaky! haven't had the problem for awhile now - but recently dug out plants in a small area at front of the house and decided to leave until spring - just bulbs planted in it at the mo and now some moggy thinks it is it's private litter tray - twice this week came out to find it's calling card - i put pepper down - but it rained. next step is green netting that plants grow up - putting it about a half inch above the ground - with lolly sticks holding it in place.

A heron used to swoop from on high and take out a friends very mature koi carp, after the fith one went he had no hesitation in what to do next. I shot it, we then cooked it and ate it,but I would not recommend eating a heron again. On the other hand, if your fish are small. maybe it is a cat, they are crafty devils you know. My next door neighbour had a problem with disapearing gold fish, the pond was netted over and still the fish kept on vanishing. One day, looking out of the back bedroom window, I saw a movement by next doors pond. Grabbing my trusty binoculars (for bird watching only), I focused on the pond next door, which was also surrounded by foliage, (green bits). And low and behold there was a cat half under the netting and with his paw under the water catching fish and eating them.

So look carpfuly at the next cat you see, and check to see if there are any fish scales around its mouth.

Slyvester fish-napper

Madam Woolley,

Will you be replacing your chickies?

You said that foxes don't do 'Mega' damage, they do, they just kill for killings sake, that was why my Uncle hated them so much, he did not mind animals hunting to survive, but when it came to foxes he said they would just kill all the chickens just for the fun of it.

Take care

SQ xxx

SQ yes I will replace them - they were never for the pot just for the eggs so more like pets which made loss harder - Gareth used to live in the house most of the time - yeah the foxes will kill everything and take the one, but what bugged me was I couldn't account for 5 - only seven carcases found and if true to form foxy loxy took the one then four missing - no feathers, signs or anything. Can of worms opening here I feel but now I know why us people went hunting!

they just kill for killings sake, that was why my Uncle hated them so much, he did not mind animals hunting to survive, but when it came to foxes he said they would just kill all the chickens just for the fun of it.

Actually, this is quite a popular myth, and one I'm pleased to dispel, even though I acknowledge urban foxes as a pest; however, just because they are a pest, doesn't mean we should impose human traits like spite upon creatures that act only on instinct.

Foxes are 'cachers'; they will make a large kill, or lots of small kills if possible (as in a henhouse attack), then attempt to drag the resulting carcasses, one by one, to a convenient hiding place or two, to ensure a meal for the future. Unfortunately for them, they can only usually carry one at a time. More often than not, they will be disturbed in the act, take the one they've currently got in their mouth, and make a dash for it. After all, a chicken in the mouth is worth three in the bush, no? At least to the fox. So they don't kill for the 'fun' of it; it is easy to suspect that, with a henhouse full of dead biddies and only one or two actually AWOL - however, old Reynard would have carried them all off eventually, if he'd had the chance - if only the big tom cat from across the road hadn't jumped on the fence and stared at him - if only next door's dog hadn't heard the commotion and started barking - if only the heavy goods vehicle hadn't chundered past at that point and frightened him half to death...

So I agree that they're a pest to poulterers - however, they are how they are, made that way, and we higher-thinkers have a responsibility not to denigrate them by giving them such utterly human weaknesses as malice :)

-----

Click the scales if I've been useful! :)