Abound (now Additions Direct.)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5951 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Maybe you should start your own thread on this andena

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh and yes they can do it and get away with it as it would be in the T&Cs and your credit agreement.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• 3 weeks later...

it means if you pay the amount of money they want under the opt out interest box then you wont be charged interest the following months statement.

This is also a way of getting your account down quickly.

Chrissi

chriss if that is right,you will not have any more interest applied to your statement,but new bill says opt out interest you have got to pay full amount so if i can a ford it to pay now,i wont get charged APR32.9% is that correct.thinking of putting on my credit card.what do you think wait for your reply.robina ps live in portland in dorset said news about swans getting bird flu.

who is your account with?

As in is it additions littlewoods etc?

ok andrena i will look summing up on there website and get back to you.

I may be a while as my 4 year old is not well and he ATM has gone back tot sleep.

Chrissi

Rite andrena.

This explains what they mean buy the interest opt out section on your Statement.

Interest Opt-Outs - Interest Opt-Outs of 6 months, 12 months, 2 years, 3 years and 4 years may be available on selected products which may be purchased using the account, as publicised from time to time.

Each statement will show the minimum payment that you must make to avoid incurring interest on your next statement. This is the Interest Opt-Out payment.

The Interest Opt-Out payment shown on your statement will be calculated to reflect the current balance on your account and all of the relevant interest opt-out offers applicable to the purchases you have made on the account. Debits to the account - Purchases to which no Interest Opt-Out applies will be charged to your account in full immediately. For purchases to which an Interest Opt-Out applies, the cost of that purchase on the account will be divided by the number of calendar months in the Interest Opt-Out applicable to that purchase (i.e. 6, 12, 26, 39 or 52) to produce the amount that will be charged to the account on each statement for the duration of the relevant Interest Opt-Out. As an example, for a purchase on the 6 months interest opt-out, one sixth of the purchase price will be charged to the account on each of 6 consecutive statements.

I have taken this info off there website.

yes you are correct in saying that.

Once the payment is cleared which and take a couple of days it would be next wednesday then you could close the account.

I would ring them up first to make sure the payment has cleared and advise them you want the account closed.

But the same day you put it in writing.

I can give you an alternitive number to call them on if you want me to.

Chrissi

thanks a lot chriss that has made it clear to me. i still think we should complain about the amount of interest they are going to charge us,i wont be able to pay off debt at moment well it's not my debt it's my daughters she went mad on clothes like all daughters do.guess what just got money back from G.E Capital for miss led ppi that's boosted my spirit robina from sunny portland.

There is not much chance of them listening to you if you complain about the interest.

I have complained when there staff ring me that they dont have a CCA for me. All they say is if you dont like it then pay you account up and close the account.

That will more then likely be the case for your complaint about the interest rates.

Chrissi

oh and good on you over the missold PPI. Thursday was a good day for My partner and l we got back our bank charges from when we opened the account in 2004.

It was not a lot but it worked out to be about £90. Which l know is not a lot but we won on the fact they said it was a one off even tho we pointed out they had broken the law buy taking the money out of benefits. They said they did not think it was illegal and they will take there money out of any more they want to.

A win is a win. Tho my partners dad did not win this easily he got stuck in with the test case that starts monday.

Chrissi

Good luck with that.

I ahve recieved some of my account cover lus charges back but not all of them.

Chrissi

gdgd.

Have you made a decision on what u are going to do about additions yet?

I think i should sit down and add all charges up from when additions took over then i can go from there,is that what you done,i am finding it very hard at moment as i only work and my husband is waiting for operation as he has had 2 collapsed lungs,plus changing banks and sorting d/debits out.it seems it's all on my shoulders so if you can put me in the picture what you did i would be most grateful.

No l have not done that yet l am still waiting for them to get me a CCA that is correct.

I am going to SAR them but I am just going to have to wait for now.

I will be taking it back to when the account was opened in 2005 which is what l am entitled to do as that is when l should have signed the agreement.

Maybe in stead of SAR you should send a CCA and see what comes up.

Chrissi

chrissi i will try and get one of here tomorrow after work cant seem to get hang of copy and paste, i will get my daughter to do it for me, you see i am self taught no whizz kid ,Our we the only ones on this thread i would of thought there was more to complain about additions mind you they will soon when there bills come in and be high with that interest gone up, i should imagine they are all waiting to see oft case does.well got to be up at 5.30 tomorrow for work.but talk tomorrow.

I am also mainly self taught so dont worry.

I am keeping an eye on the test case as well so l am busy as well.

Chrissi

yes they are still sending me my statements and i cant check if the postal order has been cashed as you need to write to the department that deals with that. I could not afford special delivery as it was £4.10 and for 6 different ones it was £25.00. I will wait and see what is going on.

If you need to check if a postal order has been cashed .. obtain form P58 from a Main post office, complete it and hand it back to the cashier. They will put it in their internal mail system :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

They have cashed the postal order as it appearted on my statement.

I did post this a few posts later saying that the statement says 8th October 2007 payment recieved £1.00

I noted this in post 33.

• 3 weeks later...

well i still have not heard anything from these ppl since october about the account exceptfor statements. Except l have not had one for ages.

Just tried to acess my account and look what happened.

My Account - Access Unavailable

Unfortunately it has not been possible to gain access to this area at present.

Please call 0844 822 0099 and speak to one of our customer advisors. Go To Homepage | Log Off

Looks like they have closed the account.

What does everyone suggest l do next?

Chrissi