Cabot registered Default on credit history

QD1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6091 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a debt with barclaycard that was passed to cabot. The default was registered in November of 2002.

I paid back everything, including the charges in 2004 before I found this forum :eek:.

Im not interested in getting any money back, I just want the default removed. I will write to them for a copy of the agreement under the CCA and for a copy of the default notice. Is there anything else I need to request?

I rather think you'll have more chance of pushing water uphill than you have of getting the default removed before it drops off anyway. :D

But you will need to CA them, yes. You really should try to SAR Barclaycard too to show that the debt, whilst unsupported by any sort of agreement, was not only unenforcable, but was innacurate by virtue of the unfair and unlawful charges and penalties that might have been applied to your account.

Having said that, you'll be hard pushed to get ALL your data from Barclaycard, as they seem to have a habit of "losing" data. They certainly seem to have done so in my case.

In which case, how can anyone show that the default amount was accurate?

Once you have all your info, you can then see if there is a case to make to send Cabot a s10 notice to stop processing and sharing your data. After that, it's down to the ICO, and failing that you'd need to take them to court.

Now you see why I'd be surprised if you could manage all this in just over a year. But good luck anyway.

Today I tackled HSBC in order to get my other default removed (how i could have legally defaulted on a bank account with no overdraft and only a solo card is beyond me) and have sent an SAR to Lloyds to get my charges back from them.

Im still unsure about cabot as Im dont feel I know enough to force their hand. Will try and learn more over the weekend and reassess.

Ive had this default hanging over my head for such a long time now, I guess 13 months really isnt so long. But it would be great to get this removed quicker....

Today I tackled HSBC in order to get my other default removed (how i could have legally defaulted on a bank account with no overdraft and only a solo card is beyond me) and have sent an S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to Lloyds to get my charges back from them.

Im still unsure about cabot as Im dont feel I know enough to force their hand. Will try and learn more over the weekend and reassess.

Ive had this default hanging over my head for such a long time now, I guess 13 months really isnt so long. But it would be great to get this removed quicker....

Keep reading these Cabot threads - you'll learn plenty here to help you