London Xmas meet - 24/11/07 - Printworks, Clerkenwell - 18.30

determindator
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5887 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

xxx  

1. 1. xxx

• x
    • x
    • x

Oh god no Tig - you have to go across Kings Cross first and then the tube...
Gizmo...

Walking across KingsX or using the tube is NOT even encountered, if tiglet was to consider the cross-platform connections when changing at either Chatham (from London Bridge) or Bromley South (from Blackfriars) for her journey home to Faversham.

http://southeastern.go-cms.co.uk/content/doc/pdf/timetables/timetable_53.pdf

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chatham and Bromley South are not really areas I would like to be late at night by myself, if I'm honest

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Well, there are a lot more people about - last time I was at Bromley South station at night there was a nutter with a knife.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

...U could cadge a lift off another member who may be passing the proximity of your abode??

My guess is that some members may be staying overnight though, wherever it is decided for it to be held!

Just another couple of possibilities for U to also consider tiglet??!!

So much nicer in the suburbs than in the hustle 'n' bustle of 'Rip-off Prices' City don't ya think??...;)

btw...Croydon is also easy to reach...is in the 'suburbs'...Sarf of the river + even CLOSER to Kent!

Any further thoughts on the above anyone??...:)

You know what, I really will go with what the majority decides on this one. My preference is central london, but I'm not that fussed if it causes problems. OK - let's do another head count and see who wants to go where.

From reading all of the threads it seems that there are more of you coming up from Kent areas, so I think to be fair Central London would be best, especially if everyone is going home afterwards and they have to get connections however if you are intending on finding a room to sleep overnight Central London can be rather expensive.

I am OK with Central London, but I must say I do not know of any particular bars which would be acceptable to meet at. Also, you should be aware that Covent gardens is also not particulary cheap. We should pick on on the list finding a meeting point where we can start Covent Garden London Pubs Bars and Cafes and a time. As peeps have to get connection to go home etc an earlier start say at 5pm or 6 pm.

If we did decide to choose somwhere like Stevenage / St Albans etc, accomadation would definately be cheaper than in Central London.

MTM you are doing a fantastic job with the timetables, do you work for National Rail etc....(LOL)

So is everybody coming who has been posting on this thread. Once we have chosen the venue to meet then it can be circulated to the site.

Ds

If it's central London, i'll see what I acn do with my contacts to organise something - would really need the final decision this week, though.

MTM you are doing a fantastic job with the timetables, do you work for National Rail etc....(LOL)
May do...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/campaign/poll-21-union-do-you-belong.html

....I may even work as a Customer Services 'Care Bear' @ London Victoria?!...:)

But then again, I may also drive a White Van!

Do U think that I should let louis wu know that I may drive one??...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-1212303.html

...pmsl...:-D

...if you are intenting on finding a room to sleep overnight Central London can be rather expensive...you should be aware that Covent gardens is also not particulary cheap...somewhere like Stevenage/St Albans etc, accomadation would definately be cheaper than in Central London.
The points that I was making methinks?!...;)

What is classed as being 'Central' London??

Is that pedantic head a permanent fixture or do you ever change is for another head?:eek:

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

...Are you coming MTM?
???...What?...At this very minute Gizmo??!!...:o :o :o

...lol...:D:p

Meanwhile back at the ranch...

I could say as of yet.

My next period of roster cycles haven't been agreed by the powers that be.

I should have more idea by the end of next week.

...It would also depend on WHERE the meet was to be held.

Hence the seeking of clarification on the specifics...:)

Is that pedantic head a permanent fixture or do you ever change is for another head?:eek:
My dear Lula...

Do U always have to resort to ambiguities??

Do U NOT realise that misunderstands can be made unless U cross your 'T's + dot your 'I's??

Try putting 'Stanstead' into a Sat Nav + see whether U catch a plane?!

Alternatively...

Ask for a Train ticket for 'Harlington' @ at a Booking Office out-in-the-sticks at say, somewhere like Faversham.

Will U end up in BEDS, or at a Heathrow RailLink Station??

For some Members who may live live further out,

Earls Court may be considered 'Central'...But 'Mornington Cresent' isn't!!!...lol...:p

We seem to be going round in circles, nothing definate yet agreed! Someone, please make the decision finally then everyone can decide if they are coming or not as the case may be.

MTM, are you definately coming.....

Dsxx

I am indeed - emails and phone calls will happen this afternoon and I should hopefully have some suggestions by tomorrow.

Any idea on numbers?

...MTM, are you definately coming.....
Sorry ds...Thought I'd ALREADY said??......

...I couldn't say as of yet.

My next period of roster cycles haven't been agreed by the powers that be.

I should have more idea by the end of next week.

...It would also depend on WHERE the meet was to be held.

Hence the seeking of clarification on the specifics...:)

Would it put some peeps off if I said I WAS??

......Or even WASN'T??

...Someone, please make the decision finally then everyone can decide if they are coming or not as the case may be...
It would be wrong for me to suggest a venue if I'm NOT sure whether or not I would be able to make it.

...But 'The Champagne Bar' @ St. Pancras seems very topical at the moment?!...

St pancras present

It would be wrong for me to suggest a venue if I'm NOT sure whether or not I would be able to make it.

...But 'The Champagne Bar' @ St. Pancras seems very topical at the moment?!...

St pancras present

That sounds great - and of course it is near kings x.

Does bedford trains go straight to St P?:)

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.