*NOT* Disillusioned with CAG of late

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5855 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 threads merged.
Don't worry Bookie, it'll all be better in the morning. :)

Robertxc v. Abbey - £3300 Settled in full

Robertxc v. Clydesdale - £750 Settled in full

Nationwide v. Robertxc - £2000 overdraft wiped out, Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Style Card - Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Abbey (1) - Data Protection Act action. £750 compensation

Robertxc v. Abbey (2) - Data Protection Act action. £2000 compensation, default removed

The opinions on this post are those of Robertxc and not necessarily the opinions of the group and do not constitute sound legal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice.

just a bit depressing with our hands and feet tied at the moment I think people are going a bit "stir crazy" because its quiet :rolleyes:

pete

Yeah I know. Crazy nutters starting two threads instead of one. :(

Nationwide v. Robertxc - £2000 overdraft wiped out, Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Abbey (2) - Data Protection Act action. £2000 compensation, default removed

The opinions on this post are those of Robertxc and not necessarily the opinions of the group and do not constitute sound legal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice.

just a bit depressing with our hands and feet tied at the moment I think people are going a bit "stir crazy" because its quiet :rolleyes:

pete

Hm, maybe we should investigate other people we can sue... you know, for money?

Maybe.... bwahah.... start a "sue tesco's for overpayment on cheese" forum...

or an "airline reclaim" where we reclaim all those stupid £100 charges, for changing your misspelt name...

otherwise, maybe a "screw the bookies with matched betting" message board?

No offence meant to any moderator:)

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

aww poking fun at each other is much more fun :D

Originally Posted by Bookworm viewpost.gif

Just shows what bunch of gasbags you are in here, doesn't it.... More posts, yet fewer threads than other forums... I rest my case. :grin:

Or we dont start as many threads that need merging by mods :shock:... we just post on each others threads

pete

It was three last night wasn't it Pete. Keeps the mods on their toes anyway.

I'm glad that you find it amusing !

Just remember that while we are running around in our own time for no payment whatsoever, just to tidy up after you, someone is not getting the help that they seek.

Would you find it so amusing if you were in court tomorrow and desperately needed advice......

.......and all the moderators and site helpers were too busy to help you?

And, if the lack of a vital piece of information caused you to lose your claim?

Would you still be amused?

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Please accept my sincerest apologies for taking up your time and others in order to tidy up after me.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

It was three last night wasn't it Pete. Keeps the mods on their toes anyway.

I know all the time and effort you put into helping people on here Jo and I am certain you didn't mean to belittle the work of the mods.

Sometimes thing can be posted rather hastily and without realising how it might read to others, especially when posting in the beer garden.

Errr, just to set the record straight - I hope people realise that despite its title, this thread actually has nothing whatsoever to do with merged threads.

Bookworms post wasn't actually the first in this thread, it was the third. The two posts that came before it were merged into this thread (hence Bookies post), and were subsequently moved to a different, more appropriate, thread. This left only Bookworm's post in the thread and so rather than deleting the thread - and instantly being accused of censorship, it was left as is. As you will see, what is now the second post was by me, trying to be funny/ironic - and obviously failing....:rolleyes:

• Haha 1

ironic indeed.....

as i'm finding some people are a bit disillusioned with cag lately.

could it be that with the oft announcement - we've all been thrown.

this may sound a bit harsh and people who know me know i'm not the sort to say anything but kindness but my impression was....with the oft announcement - nobody and i mean nobody knew what the heck was going on.... granted it was a couple of days before the full ramifications started to be felt and we managed to squeeze a few claims through the courts or at least get offers....

bookworm wrote some good stuff helping us to understand what was happening and garyh was rushed off his feet as this was right up his street - getting to grips with court stuff but by and large - now i'm only speaking as i find - on the hsbc forum - the mods were busy, busy, busy i'm sure - but i don't think there was a lot of leading from the top.

on the hsbc forum we had a core group of people with a fantastic grasp of what was happening up to that point - but from the announcement on - we floundered. it took time to come up to speed but several took it all on board and now guide peeps through the stay ups and downs.

during all this - it has become obvious that the old ways have changed -

for example - i read a moderator's views that what i had posted in the way of nudge letters was considered counterproductive. ok, i understood the reasoning but why did i have to find that myself - why didn't someone tell me? so, i promptly took all my outdated nudge letters off my two threads where they had been read by all and sundry.

the upshot of the oft announcement is that you have a fun loving group of people sitting around on their hands because there's not been a lot of action. it became common place to have a laugh... but, and i would address this to rooster and anyone else who may have taken offense or misunderstood all the fun.......no one to my knowledge ever suffered because of it - the info was there - given by us on our own time and free of charge to help people who asked for help.

because of a couple of incidents in quick succession - now - for the time being anyway - some of the most regular AND VALUABLE contributors on the hsbc forum have flown the Co-Op(why does c-o-o-p come up as co-op?!).

hopefully, they will turn on in a day or two and it will be business as usual.

and the irony - i followed the demise of the chat room (personally i only tried to use it once or twice - it was way too fast for me to keep up - i never got the hang of it) but pushing bank threads into the bear garden because they aren't keeping to the business at hand smacks of the same interference that was blamed on trouble makers in the chat room.

and so i find it ironic in the extreme that by moving a friendly chatty thread into the bear garden for whatever reason may have a much more far reaching consequence of alienating some very talented posters into the arms of the other sites. and the same moderators who claim they are so busy may now be even more busy as they will have more questions with which to deal.

so, back to the title - to whomever it was who started the thread and then got moved elsewhere - you are not alone in your disillusionment.

Lateralus, I think that you are blowing things out of proportion some what, IMHO the only reason "chatty" stuff was removed from bank forums is because the proper place for it is in the BG, also, we dont "do" bank stuff in the BG the proper place for that is in the forum.

I think that people are getting testy because we feel that the OFT isnt going to do us any favours, the solicitors and banks that look in on us must be having a whale of a time watching all this back biting and in fighting, personally, I think that it is childish and immature and not what I came here to do.

• Haha 2

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Over the past 48 hrs, i have seen a lot of people getting upset on here, and some do have a reason to be. Behind the scenes we get PM's from people looking through the bank threads and finding 200 posts, of which 20 are relevent to the case and these are someones diary of events. It would be better for everybody to let their hair down in the Beer Garden only. This area was designed to be a hub of activity outside of bank related stuff. The Beer Garden has grown well over the last few months, and is used by all, it's like a canteen for us to get away for a few minutes and unwind.

There are a 160,000 + registered users here, and we can't please everyone. But please remember, we are all guests here, and there are rules to adhere to. The banks and legal depts from financial institutions are watching this site all of the time. This site is a lifeline to so many, and we need to work together as one team. It saddens me when some very helpful, talented people get upset and go off elsewhere to post. Most do come back and sneak in late at night, to gather information and see what is going on. Some are just a nuisance and come in every so often, to cause a scene, then they go away and laugh at the result.

Castlebest, i know you were upset the other night sticking up for your friend, which is a good thing. You should still post and continue your good work on the threads you have started. There are so many watching you and the others in your HSBC team, don't let them down. If people are getting bored because of the OFT fiasco, let's find something else to go for, maybe look through European Law, or something that will be a pain in the backside for the financial institutions. Let's keep them on their toes. Come on Pete you have a lot more to do.

So everyone, the White Flag is up, the get it off your chest threads are being started in here, i see Crusher has one going already. Now let's get back to work. Take no Prisoner's, good Hunting.

Uk

• Haha 3

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Bookworms post wasn't actually the first in this thread, it was the third. The two posts that came before it were merged into this thread (hence Bookies post), and were subsequently moved to a different, more appropriate, thread. This left only Bookworm's post in the thread and so rather than deleting the thread - and instantly being accused of censorship, it was left as is.

So by moving the OP to somewhere else, that is not censoring it.

the only reason "chatty" stuff was removed from bank forums is because the proper place for it is in the BG, also, we dont "do" bank stuff in the BG the proper place for that is in the forum.

The OP was in the Bear Garden and got removed to a Locked thread

Take no Prisoner's, good Hunting.

Uk

OK Ukaviator, on that note heres the OP that started the thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/107822-get-off-your-chest.html#post1140451

Bob

So by moving the OP to somewhere else, that is not censoring it.

The OP was in the Bear Garden and got removed to a Locked thread

OK Ukaviator, on that note heres the OP that started the thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/107822-get-off-your-chest.html#post1140451

Bob

:eek: That didn't last long Paul! What happened to "I've become disillusioned with CAG" and "Goodbye"? Are you still searching through all the usernames looking for reference to 'B*tch'? Do you really have nothing better to do?

Well personally I think it should have been left on here, the first time I logged in to look I thought WTF....what threads....has Bookworm finally lost it.

I think people should be able to voice their views without it being moved.

The thread title was right and why move it and close the thread so no-one apart from mods can respond.

And to keep bringing up the 160,000 reg users that good BUT how many are active users?

FFS!!!! If you dont like it here, I have a simple solution LEAVE, why do you keep saying you are disillusioned, cheesed off etc etc and then KEEP POSTING!!! it baffles me no end.

Some people just need to grow up and get a life cos it seems that the only life they seem to have is to come here and slag people off or try and start an argument.

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed