Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: been with Money Plus formally Debtfreeme for years - now CCA time!!

debt collectionicon agencies work purely on numbers-nothing personal. They will buy a portfolio of debts for pennies on the pound. If a debt is newer [say, around 18 months old] the buyer will pay more than for debts nearing a six year old mark.
    Other companies will buy debts that are being repaid to the original creditor and are fairly sure that the repayments will continue under the new company.

Some companies have a welfare department who will listen to debtors and make decisions based on that (and written evidence) whereas some others don't bother at all-it's all about the numbers.

It's no wonder that debt collection agencies make good profits once the facts are known.

Thanks, Silverfox for this information and education as I am now beginning to understand better how these debt collectionicon agencies work esp how they assess and price debts older then 18months. As most of my debts are 7plus years they must have bought them for very little so currently making a nice profit from my distress
    I am afraid the welfare depts in both PRA and CABOT were not very sympathic in my case even though I sent GP and Cardio reports. Do you know if there is cut off time for debt collection. In my previous life I managed a number of homeless exoffender hostels and every year it was our custom to write off all bad debts and begin anew in the new financial year!!

" Welfare depts in both PRA and CABOT were not very sympathetic in my case "

Welfare Depts...and Debt Buyers...think you you need to read a bit more

agreed but where would be a good place to start to read and learn. Because of my own debt situation, I am now intrigued as to how this debt industry functions with the buying and selling of debts (peoples distress) as if these were just another comodity like a tins of beans or better still toilet rolls

biggest financial industry there is the buying and selling of debts portfolios.
    if everyone stopped paying DCAicon's the whole industry would collapse tomorrow.

nothing better than our search CAGicon box here nacro.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2