Don't know if this is slightly off subject but..

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6371 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a problem that outside my house there are double yellow lines, however, it is my opinion, and the opinion of my neighbour, that the lines are extended too far.

I am the second house in from a junction, and the lines go from the corner, which has a 2m wide pavement, to the boundary of the 3rd and 4th houses in the street. (terraced house built around 1880)

Is there anything I can do to try and get the council to reduce the length of the lines. Obviously when the road was mapped not many people had cars, but now almost every house has one, and I sometimes have to park my car 500-600 meters up the road, which I don't like doing as then it is outside someone elses house, and possibly stopping them from parking their car. Also I cannot see it, and although our area isnt crime spree central, I still feel better when I can see the car and I know it's safe.

Also from an insurance point of view, my car is registered as left on the road at night, but is visible at all times. I'm worried that I may not be able to claim if it is broken into when I have to park it down the road.

GE Money S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued 21/11/06. Responded 01/12/06. Prelim sent 05/12/06 £406. Response 12/12/06- **SETTLED IN FULL** (£396)

HSBC S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued 05/12/06. NO charges in last 6 years.

Lowell CCA issued 21/11/06. Further reminder sent 8/12/06. Now commited criminal offence no response.

Capital One S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 08/12/06 Responded 03/01/07-Prelim Sent 16/01/07. LBA issued 06/02/07- N1 served 07/03/07- acknowledged 14/03/07.

Scotcall CCA issued 16/01/07. Criminal offence committed.

HFC Prelim sent 16/01/07. LBA sent- Final Correspondance issued with time limit of 29/03/07.

The lines are allowed tol go as far as the relevant TRO states they will.

You need to write to the the highway authority (not Highways Agency) and request a copy of any current TRO that applies to your street. These will tell you where the lines should be.

Finally, do the lines end in a T-bar? If not, then they are unenforcable anyway as all road signs(including lines) must comply with the TRSGD2002.