• Tweets

• sorry but that letter needs to be much much better. you need to express that it was a stilly youthful mistake trying to be the big man and jumping the turnstile to look big infront of your peers. TfL prosecutors are on the email address on their first letter. get the court form sent back to the court , (but copy it first) stating you plead guilty and wish to attend to address the judge in person face to face to show your genuine remorse for your stupid youthful exuberance.      
    • I thought I should send the begging letter to the prosecutor. Does the hearing means the time I need to send back by? If so, it’s June 5  I plan to send the new begging letter as following, can I ask for some suggestions? Dear Investigator/Prosecutor,  Thank you for your reply. I deeply regret my actions and the inconvenience they have caused.  I’m extremely remorseful for my crime. and regret it everyday. I often ask myself ‘’how can I do that thing just because I felt it is interesting. There are a lot of crimes in the world, but feeling it’s interesting is certainly not a reason to crime. I should not crime with any reason.’’ I think about these things every day, and I understand that I can’t blame anyone but myself.  I thanks to the staff who stopped me, as this is a valuable lesson in my life. I told myself that I should never ever repeat such a thing again, and never ever do anything which is possible to be in breach of any law. As a result, I carefully tap my oyster card every time before I enter the station now. I remind myself that I did a wrong thing before, and I should never let it happen again.  Although my monthly travel expenses do not warrant a season ticket, but I just renew my season ticket (please see the attachment). I understand that a crime cannot be truly compensated for, but purchasing a season ticket offers me a small measure of comfort, knowing that my actions caused a loss to the public interest.  I received an email which ask me to negotiate being class teacher in this summer (please see the attachment). I hope that I could teach the lovely students again, which may not be allowed with a criminal record. I would please ask that you would please provide me a single opportunity to settle all outstanding sums owed outside of court without the need for legal proceedings which would have a determinantal impact on my teaching career.  I sincerely apologise again for my crime. If you need anything further from me to help you please let me know.   Yours sincerely,
    • LoL Dx you crack me up. Thanks for the advice. I'll stay positive.
    • Utter Rubbish!! lowell dont write and beg for deals once they start court. as for your attitude, we'll thats nothing new for you.😎 you wont be quizzed, it's not like TV, simply refer to your defence/WS when answering anything the judge may ever ask. well it involves chickens. dx  
    • Thanks fk, I hope I don't have to face the court. Bless you for the reassurance. 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Westcott chasing late 90's credit card debt already being paid

hairygrape
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3833 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I've been a fan of the forum for ages and have avidly read the questions and great answers from the very knowledgeable people on CAG.

You are all wonderful. Now I've got need of your help myself!

I missed a couple of monthly payments that I was making to Lloyds bank due to being in hospital.

Payment had been made monthly using a paying in book at any Lloyds branch.

I've had a letter from Westcotts saying that they have had the debt referred to them and are collecting on behalf of Lloyds.

The letter wanted me to contact them with my repayment proposals.

I ignored this first letter to see what would happen and had a similar letter with "Final Demand" written across the top about a week later.

I was still determined to wait to see what happened next and lo and behold,

I had another letter from Wescott stating that following consultation with their client,

they would accept a substantially reduced single payment to clear the debt.

No figure was mentioned and they wanted me to phone them.

I obviously stayed off the phone.

I next sent them a request for a copy of the original credit agreement using the identical letter from the library and enclosing a £1.00 PO.

Westcott have now replied that they are not the creditor but are acting on behalf of Lloyds.

They have returned the crossed PO saying it needs to made payable to Lloyds

and I then have the choice of sending the PO to Lloyds with the CCA request

( Lloyds forwarding address not supplied!)

or sending it to Westcott for them to forward it on.

Westcott have suspended collection activity for 28 day for me to come up with my "repayment proposals" to them.

I'm not inclined to take the bait here and contact Lloyds directly because I don't really know if the debt has been sold to Westcott.

I won't do their dirty work for them.

I'm certainly not going to submit any repayment proposals.

For now I'd like to see what they come up with next following the CCA request and I don't want to go down the road of submitting a SAR that would cost me a tenner.

However, I now don't seem able to submit the failure to supply a CCA request letter as per the library after the statutory 12+2 days as I've got no one to send it to!

Should I sit tight on this?

Many thanks.

discount equals something is WRONG with the debt.

the only way you'll find out is to SAR the OC.

however, ofcourse wetcloths are responsible to hold the CCA but as they've just been brought up by arrows

they prob have a sore earhole [well a sore something]

whats the debt

is it on your cra file

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Credit Card debt.

Balance owed is £500 odd.

I've paid about £1500 since defaulting on the debt via the payment book at an agreed sum per month.

Not checked CRA file but I assume that Lloyds logged the default at the time (late nineties).

Incidentally, debt payment communications were from a company called BLS Collections with a PO box in Brighton.

I understood this outfit to be an arm of Lloyds TSB. However, payment book states that account is with LloydsTSB Collections Department in Brighton.

yes bls are Lloyds

however, alarm bells here...

you are paying a CC debt from the 90's urm.......

and the interest has not been frozen?

do you get better than annual statements?

it would have dropped off you cra file now if defaulted in the 90's.

CCA request here is a must!!

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

opps something smells here.

I've moved you to the Lloyds forum.

scroll up the top here

and click the blue Lloyds bank

then look in the red/yellow stickies for the address thread

fire off a cca request direct to Lloyds.

you should be getting better than an annual statement

and better than 6mtly notice of sums in arrears notices.

urm.. I smell a cash cow here

dx

and they

• 3 months later...

Hi all

There have been further developments.

I was admitted to hospital in mid –June and was discharged on 1 September.

Throughout this time, I received no further communication from Westcott and there’s still been nothing to date.

I didn’t get a chance to write to Lloyds as per the last advice given here before being admitted to hospital.

I’ve received this week a letter on a LloydsTSB letterhead.

Closer examination shows it to be a pink-stained bad photocopy – the clear area of the scanner bed is visible around the edges of the photocopy.

It claims to be from a Paul Cameron, Senior Manager, Credit Operations at a postcode in Rosyth.

The letter states that as they have not been able to agree a suitable repayment plan with me,

they’ve transferred the debt to CapQuest to arrange collection of the outstanding amount.

They want me to contact CapQuest Debt Recovery Ltd to arrange to pay back the outstanding balance.

I’ve got no intention of contacting CapQuest by any means, but I noticed the return address on the back of the envelope is to a company called CDR of PO Box 550, Manchester M5 0EE.

This company is obviously CapQuest themselves who appear to be busy photocopying a LloydsTSB letterhead.

It seems that LloydsTSB have moved the debt from Wescott to Crapquest.

However, I’m still not certain if it’s been sold to CrapQuest.

Yes, I could send a request for a copy of the original credit agreement to Crapquest,

but I don’t know if they in turn will tell me to write to LloydsTSB just as Westcott did.

Could I have some advice on my next move please and some thoughts about if I’m treated like a cashcow here.

Should I ignore this letter and see what happens next?

Many thanks.

if its a notice of assignment

[i'e sold]

then that's quite usual for the 'buyer' to use old OC letterheads.

what does your cra file say?

dx

and they

you REALLY need to SAR Lloyds.

you need to findout if your payments have been going off the debt

this discount could be penalty charges

or

PPI awaiting to be reclaimed

something is not right

dx

and they

sold sorry.

noddle is free go take a look now

dx

and they

ok well I bet it wont show anyhow too old .

prob defaulted years ago and has dropped off.

the only way you'll get to the bottom of the discount issue is to SAR Lloyds.

dx

and they

I may be being a bit stupid here, but why would I need to get to the bottom of the discount issue?

Although Westcott seemed to offer it, CapQuest have not (so far anyway!)

If it's dropped off the file, should I be paying it anyway?

Last payment was made earlier this year via a standard paying-in book at my local LloydsTSB branch.

What's really annoyed me about this is that BLS/Lloyds passed it on to Westcott and CrapQuest without writing to me to try to establish why I'd missed payments

- I was in hospital at the time!

The fact a discount has been offered at ANY time means theres something wrong with the debt.

The reason crapquest hasnt offered a discount? Greed. Theyre trying for the entire amount and hope you havent checked the validity of the debt.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

no just because its dropped off , it doesn't mean its not owed sadly.

this debt is from the late 1990's so anything

could be going on.

you'll never get to the bottom of it without an sar.

we can speculate and discuss it till the cows come home

but go nowhere without facts

dx

and they

I've just had a thought I'd like to run past you clever people.

Could I not send CrapQuest a copy of the Wescott letter that offered the discount and ask if they could do likewise?

If they reply that they are prepared to accept a reduced figure, surely the validity of the CrapQuest demand is once again under question.

I'm loathe to spend £10 on a SAR to Lloyds as Lloyds do not appear to doing the chasing here.

Thanks

the sar is nothing to do with who is or not chasing you

its to get the data you need to vilify the claim.

cant keep saying this...you need to SAR LLoyds.

been saying this since june now

the data could have been back and p'haps a lot of money would be in your pocket by now.............

dx

and they

and they

New address for Subject access requestlink3.gif.

DSAR Unit,

Lloydslink3.gif TSB BANK PLC,

Customer Service Recovery,

Charlton Place,

Andover,

SP10 1RE

and they

I've now received a letter from Crapquest stating that they have been appointed to manage the account,

which may include personal visits by their doorstep collection agency and possible litigation.

If I fail to contact them within the next 5 days by phone or in writing,

the account will be passed on to their solicitors, HL Legal.

No contact on my part will mean "further action"

What can I do now?

Lloyds are not going to provide me with the information I require within 5 days.

Thanks