*** Let's Start Fighting Back - With 1 Penny Cheques ***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5130 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Okay, so Hillesden refuse to remove the default even though they have no agreement.

However, I've been popping batches of 1 penny cheques in the post to them. Seeing as it must cost them about 10p-20p in bank charges they are losing money every time they cash them.

I've just got a template in word and I print of a cheque book at a time (25 cheques).

To make it even better, I send them by recorded delivery but with NO postage on the envelope and therefore they need to pay the postage AND a £1 fine imposed by royal mail.

I'll be starting to send them $0.01 coins soon and a few 1 (Euro) cents soon too.

Each time I will ensure that the letter with it states that it is a full and final settlement and try to get a response from them for each payment. Taking up more of their time and wasting more of their money.

Once I've beaten them, and I WILL beat them. I'll move onto the next creditor.

Let's beat these b@$!"£& at their own game !

Come on, who's with me ?

EDIT:

Some clarification on the matter that I posted a little later

Sorry, maybe I should have made it clear from the start but they don't have a credit agreement agreement and have admited it, they are not going to chase the debt BUT they will continue to report this on my credit filelink3.gif. So as they are adamant that they will continue to report the balance on my credit file, they must of course accept the payments else the balance would be incorrect and I would have a case against them via the Information Commissioner`s Office.

As for 're-setting the clock' I am sure that I will have sorted this rather than waiting SIX YEARS.

Surely being pro-active and getting rid of them is better than waiting for over half a decade for it to 'drop off' your credit file.

I have used this process in the past with another company and they buckled after the 3rd batch of cheques. Closed the account and never heard form them again (It was not a credit account so didn't have any issues with the credit file), but they still closed the account and confirmed that there was nothing to be paid (they'd had enough of the penny cheques).

Edited by Mr_Homer_J_Simpson
Clarification

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Haha 1

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Been on there, but ICO tends to side with CDA/banks anyway.

Might try sending via special with no postage so it cost them closer to a fiver to get 25p of cheques.

Trying to think of what else to send as my 'offer' of full and final settlement.

Buttons, bricks, the cardboard roll inside a roll of toilet paper. I'm going to start having a lot of fun with this.............

Edit:

I might even start drawing like this guy did.........

http://www.urlesque.com/2008/11/07/broke-man-tries-paying-bill-with-a-picture-of-a-spider/

I'm sure the 1p payments were all made "under duress" ;)

I like it when DCA's start sending me prepaid envelopes to return their "tell us your financial info and employers phone number" letters they laughingly call I&E forms.

I've had a few that accidentally got attached to roof tiles wrapped in brown paper. Then they accidentally fell into the post box.

Next week I'm off to buy some doughnuts.

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

Err, cannot see the point?

Every time you make a 1p payment, you acknowledge the alleged debt!

Because it cost them 5 to 10 times as much as anything they ever receive off me and it doesn't make any difference to the fact that they don't have a credit agreement and can't do a damn thing about it.

I'm quite happy to continue to print 1p cheques until the day they stop cheque payments all together.

BBC NEWS | Business | Paying bills by cheque can be expensive

"At the time it came to the conclusion that the cost to a bank of processing a cheque was 44p"

Teach greedy banks a 1p lesson - Business News, Business - The Independent

"As it costs 45p to process a cheque"

Let's say you owe £1k which a DCA bought for say £50 to £100.

If you were to pay them just £10 by 1,000 1p cheques it should end up costing them around £450 to process.

45x the value of your payments

and

4.5x to 9x the price they paid for the debt.

What do you think folks ?

I think it is a total waste of time, do you honestly think they will bank them cheques and incur them charges?

How do you send recorded delivery without postage, what post office counter allow you to do that?

I hope for your sake that Hillesden/DLC don't find a enforceable CCA.

It has all been done and discussed before waste of time

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

To be honest, I dont bother with doing anything to any DCA, the day I get a ligitimate pre court letter is the day I will bother untill then I just file the letters and ignore, I only have 2, capital one and welcome and both have gone full circle with various letters from diff DCA's but no further because they haven't a leg to stand on.

Its costing them to keep writing etc so Im not bothered.

Do I think they'll bank the cheques ? No I don't think they will I know they will as they already have.

You see if they argue (as they are) that they are entitles to chase the debt and that they can report it on my credit file it would be wrong of them to refuse the payment and continue to report the higher amount as the outstanding balance.

As for sending recorded without postage paid. You simply ask your post office for recorded delivery stickers and put these on the envelopes before you pop the post into as post box. You do not had it in at the post office. Then it's gets processed as an item without enough postage and they are asked to pay what the postage would be + £1 royal mail charge.

It is costing them more money to deal with me than write if off. It's just a case of how long it will take them to buckle and I assure you they will give in. I will be sure to post the letter confirming so as/when I manage to beat these scumbags.

I think it is a total waste of time, do you honestly think they will bank them cheques and incur them charges?

How do you send recorded delivery without postage, what post office counter allow you to do that?

Not a chance..........

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=8474&d=1241367028

I agree this would be a waste of my time and I would far rather spend it doing something I give a sh*t about which isnt what the likes of DLC have to rant at me.

@Fuzzybobble....

I always send which ever DCA it might be, my days supply of junkmail the ar*sehole postman has decided to dump through my door back to them in the prepaid envolopes.

Yes, they really are that stupid !

cheques.jpg

So if I use this to get them to either write off the debt or accept a full & final settlement of say £50 and remove all traces of this from my credit file would this would be a waste of time ?

I don't see what the big problem is ?

It is doing exactly what I want it to do, costing them more money than they receive.

THE REVERSE OF HOW THEY WANT TO OPERATE !

I agree this would be a waste of my time and I would far rather spend it doing something I give a sh*t about which isnt what the likes of DLC have to rant at me.

@Fuzzybobble....

I always send which ever DCA it might be, my days supply of junkmail the ar*sehole postman has decided to dump through my door back to them in the prepaid envolopes.

That ar""hole postman would be instantly dismissed if he did anything with that junk mail than deliver it.

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

Let's not worry about the postman. I'm glad he gives people something to post back in the freepost envelopes. It get's rid of junk mail, earns the post office some money for processing more freepost letters and best of all costs the DCA money and wastes their time.

I like it and ONLY and I do mean ONLY if a CCJ has been granted other than that its stupid and pointless but personally I wouldn't even pay them a penny.

Why only if a CCJ ?

Surely the point is the same, pi$$ them off into submission.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5130 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks