Important info about Connaughts!!!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5626 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A couple of month ago I wrote to my MP regarding Connaught Collections serving a SD on me.

I have had a reply via my MP from John Fingleton the Chief Executive of OFT.

Basically he says he is going to take my details for future action to be taken.He also expressed that OFT DO take action against Debt Collecting Companies who breech there guidance.

If you have had a SD or been bullied by Connaught Collection please write a letter to your MP expressing there tactics and ask them to contact the OFT on your behalf. As the MP writes and gets an answer directly of the Chief Executive this should have some pull.

The more complaints that get rasied OFT will have to act.

HAK

• Haha 1

A couple of month ago I wrote to my MP regarding Connaught Collections serving a SD on me.

I have also spoken to my MP about Northern Rock trying to turn an unsecured debt into a secured debt by applying for a CO.

My MP has written to (I think) the justice office and I'm waiting a reply.

Keep us posted VG. It's good to raise awareness among MP's and get them working for us.;)

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

This is the letter I sent.

HAK

Dear MP

I am writing for your help in reporting a debt collecting company in illegal and immoral servings of Statutory Demands leading to bankruptcy.

The reason I have come to you is that my local Trading Standards will not help me as they say “it is not in the publics interest” and OFT will not deal with one off events.

I did write to you complaining about my local trading standards and you replied on the 8th January 2007 (Ref AG/DR) with a letter from Gareth Thomas MP. I did everything Mr Thomas instructed me to do but trading standards will not deal with me (see letter enclosed).

I today have just left the Court to get my Statutory Demand set aside. This was successful and as instructed by the Judge I am now making a complaint to help others.

The debt collection company in question are called Connaughts Collections UK Ltd, Airport House, Purley Way, Croydon, CRO 0XZ.

The brief outline of the story is that in March 2007 Connaughts contacted me about an alleged debt with the Halifax. Under my right under section 78(1) of the Consumer Credit act 1974 I requested a copy of my agreement. This never arrived the debt was placed in default and Connaughts returned the case back to the creditor.

In August 2008 I received out of the blue a statutory demand form Connaughts regarding this debt. This has caused no end of family pressure and is against all the OFT debt collectors guidelines. They wrote to the Court on the 24th September to tell them it was an error. The same day they wrote to say they are now going to make me Bankrupt.

After doing research on the internet Connaughts are sending the SD out as a debt collecting tool and I have viewed hundreds of cases on forums were this has happened. This is goes against what the insolvency act was set up for and is a total demonstrably frivolous , intimidatory and an abuse of process.

I am asking you as the person I elected to help me report Connaughts to the OFT as they are in total breach of the guidelines laid down for debt collectors. I am also asking you to take a person issue on this matter to make an example of a corrupt company operating under a labour government.

I would like to leave you on a thought. I was one of the lucky people who stood up to the bullies and got the SD set aside. Just think of the thousands of people out there struggling to make ends meet under the credit crunch and they receive a SD. They will automatically think they could loose their house and pay the bullies what ever they want. This could result in people not eating, keeping warm and even suicide.

I hope you will help in any way you can to bring this corrupt company to the ground.

• Haha 1

And what was the response from the mp?

Like above says not so good.

I will be writing another one as OFT have not responded.

The main thing is if MP get bonbarded witrh letters about CON they will have to do something!!

HAK

to be honest, it sounds like the MP wrote to the OFT, and they sent back a standard letter similar to the ones you get if you contact them directly. Not really sure that going through an mp really acheives much. The OFT cannot tell us what they are actually doing or who they are actually investigating.

TBH, I can understand why they don't:

Colorvision case costs OFT £4.7m - Telegraph

The decider, I suppose, would be whether any questions have been asked in the house. Anyone know? If not then I'd not bother with the MP, especially if they are only going to act as an expensive mail forwarding service. Consumer Direct or a direct complaint.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a letter of OFT yesterday they want more info and the consent form.

I still think we hace a chance if people complian.

HAK