DLA argument (moved to BG)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5712 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I filled in my DLA and got it first time, it's not as easy as it looks. I played on mine just a tiny bit, and didn't even need a medical review, got the middle rate care and lower mobility.

First i recomend the Apeal process. It's boring and tedious, and if you have to travel, get a taxi, you pay thre fare, but you get it back. They will ask why you need a taxi, but you can explain why easy enough (otherwise just think to yourself...cause i can't drive my porche, why do you think i need a bloody taxi...lol)

Anyway, you might get to see a doctor, that's no problem, claim your disability, and add depression as your disability afects you mental health. In which it seems to by the way you sound so far, so use that to your advantage, as depression is not easy to diagnose, nor is it easy to explain that yolu don't have it, so they can't deny you don't have it.

Then you'll go in front of a board of 3 members...1 from social, 1 medical examiner and an independant one. They will go through your form with you, and possibly ask any questions about your conditions and things they are not sure on, mabee they will ask questions about why it was refused, those are the important ones. They ask them because that can makle the difference between getting it and not.

Finally you'll get told to wait no more than 10 min outside the room, and then called back in and given the decision there and then. That decision id final and cannot be apealed against..not that i know of, unless you wish to go to the social security commision or goverment MP or EU parliment.

However, there is nothing that i know of, that you cannot apply for the DLA again and again, or is it every 6 months, you can apply for it. I would advise you keep on going till they give in, and give as much detail as you can why you can't do such and such a thing, plus get all the help you can get from CAB, they are excelent at what they do, and quite often get it for you:)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wingus

You have just advised a poster to comit benefit fraud on the DLA claim by faking depression ( or have I misread your advice?) I hope I have!! just to say if you faked depression on your claim/appeal then I'm sure there will be a knock on your door very soon. You may not know this but FIS of the DWP read the messages on here daily and action anything suspect. To the poster of the original question by all means appeal your decision but please don't lie or be tempted to comit fraud, just be honest and you will get what you deserve

Ahhh i see how this site works, first anyone can offer advice, then they missinterpret it, then they accuse you of fruad. Ok, i dont think i need to be here any more, it's obvious no-one can read properly, and i am greatly insulted.

If you have any proof regarding my claim as to the validity of it, that claims i am a fraudster, then i ask you to prove it.

If yout going to lay claims i'm a fraudster and your disgusted at it, then probe it.

Regardless of what the benefit office do, they have all the medical proof they need, and have made a desision on that alone, regardless of what i say here. The claim must be legitimate, otherwise all the tests, blood tests, pain, and stress i went through was for nothing, and i might as well die now, cut out the bloody middle man, would stoip all the accusations at least.

No wonder the competition of this site are doing well, they dont label thier members as frauds

That's twice now i been labeled as that, and i'm getting sick of it. I thought this site was for normal folk, for genuine and decent and respectable folk that understood how things are, and could help. Doesn't seem like that to me.

Edited by Wingus
spelling errors

DLA involves jumping through all sorts of hoops. Unfortunately you were wrongly advised, most welfare rights people would tell you to describe her worst day - this does not mean over exaggerate things but if it sometimes takes 20 minutes and other times takes 15 minutes then write 20 because that's how long it takes on a bad day, don't write 30 just to see if you'll get the award.

And i suppose that dont mean fraud because it's not a post i made huh, or are you just picking at me because i made the post

I think there may have been some misinterpretation of Wingus' post here that has led to confusion. The OP did in fact refer to anxiety and panic attacks, which are well known as being symptomatic of depression, and that many people with disabilities are depressed as a result of them. I believe that Wingus is simply pointing out that the OP should not forget to include this on her application for DLA.

I can't imagine that many claimant understate the severity of their disabilities, and I'm sure that those awarding the payments must be well aware that claimants will want to ensure that they get what they are entitled to. Given that medical examinations may well happen, it would be foolhardy for anyone to exaggerate the level of their ailments, but it is probably wise to ensure that the full impact of them is clear.

I don't believe for one moment that Wingus is suggesting fraud, or has committed it.

Edited by caro
The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thank you caro, that's exactly what i was getting at, or trying to say.

It bemuses me why folk can't see it that way and interpret what i say as fraud. " oh he mentioned playing on it, must be fraud" ...what silly people and the lack of understanding is apalling.

I can't imagine that many claimant understate the severity of their disabilities
And in that you would be quite incorrect, m'dear. :-(

The natural instinct (unless a raging hypochondriac, lol) is to play down the extent of our condition, an even more so when one is claiming on behalf of a child. In fact, that is probably the sole biggest reason why people get turned down (that and the fact that people die of boredom before finishing completing the 40+ pages of the DLA form! :rolleyes:).

Because the questions are so vague, people tend to go for an average rather than describing the worse case scenario, and that is their downfall. When asked how long it takes you to go to the shops, and sometimes it takes 10 mn, sometimes 30, the correct answer to the DLA is 30, not 20, because when you do need full assistance, then you need it for 30 mn, not 20, if that makes sense.

Wingus, if you write things that look like advocating fraud, then people will challenge it. If you don't want that to happen, then express it in a different manner. Sentences like "playing on it" and "and add depression as your disability afects you mental health. In which it seems to by the way you sound so far, so use that to your advantage, as depression is not easy to diagnose, nor is it easy to explain that yolu don't have it, so they can't deny you don't have it." make it sound exactly like you're advocating lying to SS.

When you then start ranting and raging because you've been challenged, and threaten to leave for the 2nd time in 24 hours without doing it, it does nothing for your credibility, by the way. When you then go on calling people "silly" because they had the nerve to pull you up on something they may have misinterpreted, well, don't be surprised if they don't get filled with the milk of human kindness.

Oh, and as far as feeling hard done by because you have picked on the other poster's words as them advocating fraud and yet, they didn't get accused, so you must be the one getting picked on (I do hope you realise how childish that sounds! :-|), you are quite simply wrong: That is the correct way to fill in the forms, as I have explained higher up. [2p]

Helen, good luck with your claim, and remember that the key is to describe things as they are at their worst, not average. Also remember to use the word "discomfort" instead of "pain", because as far as SS is concerned, pain is manageable (painkillers), severe discomfort is not. Go figure. :rolleyes:

Get over yourself, there's nothing to "prove", and I haven't accused you of fraud, I have said that it does look as if you're advocating it to OP. What you get up to in your own time, I really don't care, frankly. Your pugnacious and puerile attitude does you no favour, however.

And it's MRS Know-it-all to you and the rest of the world, pal. ;-)

I think some people could cause a Riot in a fone box.;) Now give it up I want to make a call to Mackenzie Hall (Another crank call) I blame this site for the increase in me making crank calls to DCA's.

Its got a name you know, Excessive DCA Crank call Syndrome. Its brought on by excessive harassment on the phone by these companies. I will be putting in a DLA claim for it latter :-D

Edited by Iaintpayingyoudotcom

www.nwcpnefc.co.uk/forum football, whinging and anything else

I been to see the Doctor and hes diagnosed me with Excessive DCA Crank call Syndrome.

So let me get this righ Mrs Bookworm, you come here with your pompous speak and spell buraucratic attitude, tell me i'm wrong, and how bad it is, becuae i got challenged? No..not challenged...accused of fraud, and you expect me to sit here and take it?

Are you frikin nuts?

What country are you in, i'm sure as hell you aint a normal person, othjerwise you would know there is more to this than meets the eye...oh..but you only want to see what you want..not what others want, so that makes you special.

I can assure you, if anyone accuses me of fraud, i will argue back, however i see fit, and if you dont like it..you can shove it. I wont be talked down to by any stupid folk that get the wrong words or meaning, that's thier fault, not mine.

Yes, they are stupid, and so are you for adding to the problem instead of helping, as you are supposed to do. Ohhh but you dont do that, you use you fancy crappy words and blind folk with crap so they get more wound up.

I'llw ait for a reply before i post more, that's if i dont get barred in the process.

chip?, i dont have arguements..i have major psychotic eppisodes, and with folk jumping to conclusions is it any wonder why?

I thought we werea ll here to help each other combat the stupid debt collectors / banks and other organisations that takes us all for idiots as it is, but i was proved wrong.

Seems now, it's a great place to have an arguement, i will stick around to see who else wants thier 2pence worth in.

I filled in my DLA and got it first time, it's not as easy as it looks. I played on mine just a tiny bit, and didn't even need a medical review, got the middle rate care and lower mobility.

First i recomend the Apeal process. It's boring and tedious, and if you have to travel, get a taxi, you pay thre fare, but you get it back. They will ask why you need a taxi, but you can explain why easy enough (otherwise just think to yourself...cause i can't drive my porche, why do you think i need a bloody taxi...lol)

Anyway, you might get to see a doctor, that's no problem, claim your disability, and add depression as your disability afects you mental health.In which it seems to by the way you sound so far, so use that to your advantage, as depression is not easy to diagnose, nor is it easy to explain that yolu don't have it, so they can't deny you don't have it.

Then you'll go in front of a board of 3 members...1 from social, 1 medical examiner and an independant one. They will go through your form with you, and possibly ask any questions about your conditions and things they are not sure on, mabee they will ask questions about why it was refused, those are the important ones. They ask them because that can makle the difference between getting it and not.

Finally you'll get told to wait no more than 10 min outside the room, and then called back in and given the decision there and then. That decision id final and cannot be apealed against..not that i know of, unless you wish to go to the social security commision or goverment MP or EU parliment.

However, there is nothing that i know of, that you cannot apply for the DLA again and again, or is it every 6 months, you can apply for it. I would advise you keep on going till they give in, and give as much detail as you can why you can't do such and such a thing, plus get all the help you can get from CAB, they are excelent at what they do, and quite often get it for you:)

If People had read the relevant paragraph properly they would have noticed that wingus did not suggest that the OC fake depression he/she was reminding the OC to include it in the claim. (A comma after seems to might have helped)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area and any advice offered is given in good faith.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/Ombudsman-news/40/40_setoff.htm

But there is no mention that OP suffers from depression. :-? Anxiety and panic attacks, yes. Depression, no.

And if you had read the answers properly, no-one said that Wingus had said OP should fake depression either, "only" that OP should include it in their claim.

Wingus, if you suffer from psychotic episodes, then it explains a lot about your behaviour and I for one don't carry on arguments with people with your kind of issues, no matter how hard they try to provoke.

Peace. :-)

Wingus, if we had misunderstood your post then you could have explained that instead of getting so immediately defensive. This would have been solved much more amicably then.

I would like to add though that anxiety doesn't always mean depression. They are diagnosed totally seperately.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5712 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks