style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2695 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi in 2015 when i was working for xxx i had an attachment of earnings put in place by my local council and the money was taken out of my wages monthly untill the said debt was paid off in feb 2016 ......

now i have had a bailiff knock at my door at 6.30 am demanding money that was not paid in this order ..apparently there is a £150 shortfall that phs did not pay in error .... yet they stopped the attachment as paid in full ...

i was still employed by this company til aug 2016 and to my knowledge snd belief the debt had been paid and should have been by xxx on the attachment of earnings ....

its a complete nightmare before christmas as the bailiff wants £463.28 off me ... what are my rights? He issued a removal of goods notice as well yo boot! ...

i have sent an e- mail to xxx to sort this out ... please help

Edited by honeybee13
Paras and employer name.

Hi in 2015 when i was working for xxx i had an attachment of earnings put in place by my local council and the money was taken out of my wages monthly untill the said debt was paid off in feb 2016 ......

Now I have had a bailiff knock at my door at 6.30 am demanding money that was not paid in this order ..apparently there is a £150 shortfall that phs did not pay in error .... yet they stopped the attachment as paid in full ...

I was still employed by this company til aug 2016 and to my knowledge and belief the debt had been paid and should have been by xxx on the attachment of earnings ....

It's a complete nightmare before christmas as the bailiff wants £463.28 off me ... what are my rights? He issued a removal of goods notice as well yo boot! ...

I have removed from my post your employer details and you may want to get a message to one of the moderators to do the same to your post.

You say that the attachment was paid in full in 2016. If so, then your enquiries must be with the local authority that issued the attachment of earning. You must call them this morning. Once you have done so, please call back.

Called the local council ... the revenue office are not available until monday and got a reply from the company i used to work for saying they are " looking into it, is it true they can get fined if they have not completed or made an error on an attachment of earnings whilst i was in their employment?

Called the local council ... the revenue office are not available until monday and got a reply from the company i used to work for saying they are " looking into it, is it true they can get fined if they have not completed or made an error on an attachment of earnings whilst i was in their employment?

It is my understanding that the employer can be fined (and this has actually happened) if they refuse to set up the Attachment of Earnings. I don't believe that they can be fined for errors made whilst the attachment is in place.